Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2020 1:53:47 PM EDT
the marching band is playing in Red Dawn (1984)? If you've seen the movie a hundred times you can hear the song when you see this:

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yankee Doodle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't open the movie at work. Are they playing the "State Anthem of the Russian Federation"?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have an approximate time in the movie?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
No it's not the Russian National Anthem, although that is played earlier in the movie in the scene where Matt & Jed's dad is shot.

Sorry I'm at work so I can't find what time in the movie it's played. It's right before the Colonel Strelnikov speech to the Russian troops ... a band is playing the song while marching through the streets of Calumet. There are vocals but they don't actually show anyone singing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Internationale

The Internationale "?????????????" - Russian Version

(I have the soundtrack on vinyl....WOLVERINES!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Internationale
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks NAM, that's it!

I saw this movie about 5 times in the theater when it came out in '84. I turned 15 that month. I've been wanting the score ever since and found it the other day. Damn, 36 years later. Anyway, I half expected this song to be on the soundtrack but of course it's not. I was just curious what it was.

BTW, love the soundtrack, glad I got it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top