Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2020 11:53:03 PM EDT
As the title say, does anyone collect Vintage GI Joe toys?  I found a box of various items that I want get rid of.

18Z50
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't collect them, but I have my two older brothers GI Joes from when they got them in the 60's.  They unfortunately at some point painted the foot lockers that they came in so that probably killed some of the worth, but the figures are both in great shape with tons of weapons, clothing, etc.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 2:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a few when I was  a kid, however my little brother destroyed them or my sister made them into Barbie's boyfriends.  The most notable ones I had were Mike Powers (Atomic Man,) and Bullet Man, with the loops on his back so he can "fly" down a string.  Mike powers was an obvious Bionic Man ripoff.  I had a secret base playset that was made of cardboard with images printed on it.  The exterior looked like a log cabin, and the interior was a modern command center.  The "gimmick" part of it was a display screen which featured an image that could only be seen through a red plastic lens.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't but a co-worker is trying to find them for her grandson.  When asked what he wanted for Christmas, he told them a footlocker for his GI Joes.  He has a few but not many I don't think.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to have so much stuff (born in '62). Most of it was Sears exclusive sets (my mom worked for Sears).

I had it all boxed up in the basement at mom's house. I even had the original boxes for the figures.
I went over there one day and found that my brother had cleaned out the basement and gave it all away. Everything, my headquarters, my helicopter, my 6 wheeled ATV, even my Jeep with the gun and spotlight trailer. I had a lot of money given away.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Paging SgtAr15, Paging SgtAr15, Paging SgtAr15 to the White Courtesy Phone....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top