Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2021 4:43:34 PM EDT
I have paperbacks and kindle of Armor.
A paperback of Vampire$,
Found a scan of the pages of The Bluenose Limit online,
But I believe he wrote maybe 4 more short stories I cannot find.

If you crossed early/middle Heinlein with Haldeman and a touch of Scalzi, and a pinch of King-  you get Steakley.

How Armor never even got a nomination for a Hugo, Nebulla, or even a Campbell amazes me.

Has ANY work, fiction or not, captured the dead inside, disassociation of repeated brutal exposure to death and combat to this degree?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have paperbacks and kindle of Armor.
A paperback of Vampire$,
Found a scan of the pages of The Bluenose Limit online,
But I believe he wrote maybe 4 more short stories I cannot find.

If you crossed early/middle Heinlein with Haldeman and a touch of Scalzi, and a pinch of King-  you get Steakley.

How Armor never even got a nomination for a Hugo, Nebulla, or even a Campbell amazes me.

Has ANY work, fiction or not, captured the dead inside, disassociation of repeated brutal exposure to death and combat to this degree?
View Quote
]

Had no idea he did anything besides Armor and Vampire$.....

Armor is good shit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested as well. A member here was friends with him. Can't remember which one though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested as well. A member here was friends with him. Can't remember which one though.
View Quote

I know the name, and just can't bring it to mind right now...

He was the owner of johnsteakley.com for many years, and ran the forum there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top