Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2023 10:20:30 AM EDT
I'm starting my search for a compact(ish) running type treadmill. In my efforts to reduce the amount of clutter accumulating in my living room I want to find a decent treadmill that can fold up and roll/slide threw a standard sized interior doorway. Has anyone came across such a thing that wasn't junk?
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm starting my search for a compact(ish) running type treadmill. In my efforts to reduce the amount of clutter accumulating in my living room I want to find a decent treadmill that can fold up and roll/slide threw a standard sized interior doorway. Has anyone came across such a thing that wasn't junk?
View Quote

I've never seen one that isn't junk- every one I've seen has a small motor and too flimsy to last long.

^I used to own a fitness equipment repair company, we fixed A LOT of those types.

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks, can't believe how badly standard sized fold up treadmills are designed. You have a full sized treadmill with a folding tread that only gives you maybe 2 more feet of floor space folded.

Maybe I'll have to buy a used one and modify to fit threw a door... That would surely look nice sitting in my house.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks, can't believe how badly standard sized fold up treadmills are designed. You have a full sized treadmill with a folding tread that only gives you maybe 2 more feet of floor space folded.

Maybe I'll have to buy a used one and modify to fit threw a door... That would surely look nice sitting in my house.
View Quote

We'd usually have to take off the console and mounting arms to get through a door. I think the fold up ones are designed that way to be light, which also means they are usually going to be flimsy. There may be some commercial level folding ones out there, but I don't recall seeing any- most commercial level ones don't need to be foldable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top