Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2020 12:56:57 PM EDT
Hello!  I need to scan a large pile of documents now and will continue to need to scan smaller piles in the future.  It's legal paperwork, not art or anything that's graphics-intensive.  But the words must be clear and legible for use in court.  My existing HP Officejet won't cut it.  Can anybody recommend a scanner with...

1.  The ability to use a document feeder;
2.  That is fast, or at least not slow;
3.  Has the ability to scan legal-sized paper down to small receipts, preferably together;
4.  Can scan both sides of the paper without me needing to manually flip the paper;
5.  Works with software where I can add or remove pages to an existing scanned .pdf document;*
6.  Works with my Lenovo laptop.

*I scan a purchase agreement.  I later scan a bunch of small receipts.  The software lets me drag and drop the scans of the small receipts into the purchase agreement document.

So far I've been told to get Adobe Acrobat with a Fujitsu Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500.  Not sure if there are other options, if this is a gold standard, etc.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Canon

Pick your features and price point.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the ScanSnap!  We use them in the office and they are little workhorses.  We are a paperless office, so if we get paper it gets scanned.  If you need a flatbed, which I never do, ScanSnap is not for you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you; ScanSnap ordered!
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Intern™
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Avision makes a ton of different scanners. I use the AV220 -- no longer in production because I got it more than a decade ago and it's still going on strong -- but the newer version of that line is the AD230/AD240. Every paper that hits my desk goes through it.

I originally got it to scan everything for my office to go digital. That was something on the order of 50 filing boxes full. It's rated for 6K pages per day.
80 page feeder, I was just grabbing paper and hitting "go" over and over for a few weeks. No issues. It's a duplex scanner so single feed gets both pages.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
We use Fujitsu at work. They are rock solid and run 100s of thousands of sheets before crapping out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly one of my favorite features of my HP LaserJet...scan to PDF on a a network drive.

Pretty regularly scan entire manuals for things like communications service monitors. Most recent two were a Motorola R2670 complete manual which even the manufacturer (it was built for Motorola by General Dynamics who has since become Freedom Communications) didn't have and a complete manual for an IFR 1000 (IFR>Areoflex>Cobham>Viavi). Talking about 250-400 page user manuals sometimes with large (fold out) 11x24 sheets (which my scanner does not scan).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top