Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2022 9:23:11 AM EDT
Physician burnout spiked during the first two years of the COVID-19 pandemic after a six-year decline that ended in 2020, according to a new study published in the medical journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

"While the worst days of COVID-19 pandemic are hopefully behind us, there is an urgent need to attend to physicians who put everything into our nation's response to COVID-19, too often at the expense of their own well-being," said American Medical Association President Dr. Jack Resneck Jr., in a press release.

Dr. Tait Shanafelt, professor of medicine and chief wellness officer at Stanford Medicine in Calif., has been leading a study that examines well-being among physicians and workers in all other fields in the U.S over three-year intervals, starting in 2011.

The next one is scheduled for the fall 2023.

But the study added an extra electronic survey that only included physicians at the end of 2021 to early 2022, which was approximately 21 months into the COVID-19 pandemic.  

mOAR

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably psychologically tough to be smart enough to be a Doctor, and simultaneously be required to push a vax that you know at the best is ineffective and at the worst poison so you can keep that sweet country club membership.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]
What doctors and in what fields? Some of the elective type fields collapsed completely and some offices closed down for months.

I'd bet it was way more a ''glass half filled'' type of thing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably psychologically tough to be smart enough to be a Doctor, and simultaneously be required to push a vax that you know at the best is ineffective and at the worst poison so you can keep that sweet country club membership.
View Quote

More like having to deal with patients who know nothing about medicine but demand the latest treatment they read about from other know nothings on Facebook.

Imagine dedicating 12+ years of your life to learning how to heal people only to be told you're pushing poison so you can keep ypur CC Membership Attitudes like this are one of the many reasons medical staff are burnt out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that in the early days of COVID everybody was feeling pretty vulnerable that they could potentially end up a patient themselves just by going into work.  Once we realized that it wasn't going to kill most of us, it was business as usual.  The stress of the world changing from COVID has made everyone a bit nuts.  I think that accounts for the burnout. I have never seen the level of crazy that I have seen in the last year or two.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What doctors and in what fields? Some of the elective type fields collapsed completely and some offices closed down for months.

View Quote

I don't know of a single doctor that would do it all over again. Emergency medicine, critical care, inpatient hospital, family medicine. Not a single damn one.

Honestly? Patients and family members are fucking insane. They've become significantly more insane and demanding since COVID started. No, I don't give a fuck what you read on the internet. No, the shit you're demanding isn't clinically indicated nor has it proven to be effective for the current problem you're having (way more than just meds for COVID). No, you can't fucking eat or drink right now. You came to the emergency room and you're going to be evaluated for a medical emergency by a provider before you are cleared for food or drink.

Physician and nurse burnout has less to do with COVID and more to do with CMS requiring unrealistic numbers and shit compensation, which makes hospitals push providers to see more patients with less staffing and expect perfect patient satisfaction scores. On the primary care side of things, docs are expected to see so many patients a day it's unreal. You can't thoroughly assess a patient with 10 comorbidities in the 5 minutes you have with a patient.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know of a single doctor that would do it all over again. Emergency medicine, critical care, inpatient hospital, family medicine. Not a single damn one.

Honestly? Patients and family members are fucking insane. They've become significantly more insane and demanding since COVID started. No, I don't give a fuck what you read on the internet. No, the shit you're demanding isn't clinically indicated nor has it proven to be effective for the current problem you're having (way more than just meds for COVID). No, you can't fucking eat or drink right now. You came to the emergency room and you're going to be evaluated for a medical emergency by a provider before you are cleared for food or drink.

Physician and nurse burnout has less to do with COVID and more to do with CMS requiring unrealistic numbers and shit compensation, which makes hospitals push providers to see more patients with less staffing and expect perfect patient satisfaction scores. On the primary care side of things, docs are expected to see so many patients a day it's unreal. You can't thoroughly assess a patient with 10 comorbidities in the 5 minutes you have with a patient.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct but when you added in telling family members that ''this'' doesn't work when people now know it did help, telling them hearsay ''just because,'' having everything [not the Dr's most of the time] locked down so loved one's died alone, yeah, you are, as a Dr, going to deal with that shit for many years to come. Nope, often not your fault, but YOU are the person the patient or their family see's, not anyone else. I question EVERYTHING a Dr tells me now, they lost a lot of trust as a industry that already had trust issues, financial bullshit, out of area Dr's being brought in and then not bothering to tell anyone they aren't covered, fraudulent visits that are charged, the malpractice [that is already over-litigated and often BS but it still does happen], covid was the last straw for many people.

I still have to bitch slap my new [other one moved] family Dr down way to often and I'm not sure I will be staying with her, she hasn't impressed me in the least so far. If I have to pay an arm and a leg, that arm and leg had better f-ing work and work well.

I still hold a hell of a grudge for the govt and medical profession, I had someone I cared a hell of a lot about have a stroke right after the shot and never walked again and she damn well wasn't overweight, have HBP, or anything else where she would be stroke prone and she [literally] walked the halls of the care facility 8 hours a day.

And she still got covid anyways a few weeks later................

Way to many Dr's are very happy to walk in lockstep with what they are told by ''professionals'' even if what they are seeing contradicts that.

If A Dr can't question what that F-ing fraud Fucki is still saying, they need their head examined, hopefully by a better Dr then Fucki is.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

More like having to deal with patients who know nothing about medicine but demand the latest treatment they read about from other know nothings on Facebook.

Imagine dedicating 12+ years of your life to learning how to heal people only to be told you're pushing poison so you can keep ypur CC Membership Attitudes like this are one of the many reasons medical staff are burnt out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turns out those people who knew nothing were closer to right than those Doctors who spent 12 years of their lives learning to push whatever the pharmaceutical industry told them to.

I came by my "attitude" honestly and it is rooted in personal experience.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they were pushing poison.   That is quite obvious now.    Masks harm too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

....and then imagine that everything you were told/forced to tell people about the vax quickly turned out to be wrong, and then instead of examining why it was wrong and learning something, just clinging to all the schooling you did as if it makes two shits of a difference.

Someone with a lot of schooling that fucks something up is still a fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Here’s a quarter……….,,
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know that in the early days of COVID everybody was feeling pretty vulnerable that they could potentially end up a patient themselves just by going into work.  Once we realized that it wasn't going to kill most of us, it was business as usual.  The stress of the world changing from COVID has made everyone a bit nuts.  I think that accounts for the burnout. I have never seen the level of crazy that I have seen in the last year or two.
View Quote

In my relative's practice it was more of an issue of being understaffed to begin with and then everyone looking for that better opportunity causing a lot of people to job shop and leave with replacements coming and going chasing that bigger salary.

The only reason my relative has stayed with that practice group is location.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

....and then imagine that everything you were told/forced to tell people about the vax quickly turned out to be wrong, and then instead of examining why it was wrong and learning something, just clinging to all the schooling you did as if it makes two shits of a difference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My relative went from "don't be one of those Trump supporters who thinks they know better" to "what the fuck have we been doing for the past two years and was this vaccine shit all wrong?"

It was fascinating to watch albeit extremely frustrating to me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well we have a family friend who used to be a doctor, toed the line, refused to discuss any other treatments than vax, vax, vax. Then quit and admitted it was a sham all along and he was the equivalent of a jiffy lube guy dispensing treatment as per protocol with no input from his own experience or ability to draw from research or other studies.

Pretty much everything I talked to him about, that at the time he denied/refused to discuss, he now admits was true.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well we have a family friend who used to be a doctor, toed the line, refused to discuss any other treatments than vax, vax, vax. Then quit and admitted it was a sham all along and he was the equivalent of a jiffy lube guy dispensing treatment as per protocol with no input from his own experience or ability to draw from research or other studies.

Pretty much everything I talked to him about, that at the time he denied/refused to discuss, he now admits was true.
View Quote

So your doctor friend quit being a doctor and admitted you were 100% right about everything Covid related.

I dont know about everyone else, but this anecdotal story that sounds 100% not made up changed mind.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So your doctor friend quit being a doctor and admitted you were 100% right about everything Covid related.

I dont know about everyone else, but this anecdotal story that sounds 100% not made up changed mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My primary care guy back in Virginia said much the same thing in terms of following the book by rote. He had been in a practice with 2 or 3 other doctors and they sold the practice to a corporate health outfit. After that, evidently they became robots, no longer doctors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

These conversions only go one way. I can't help but laugh at the people who don't see that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone who took the EUA vaccine was part of an experiment.  The efficacy has quickly dwindled and long-term effects are still unknown.  The shot was never an option for me, so I never raised any headache over it.  Any doctor recommending it ti me, my wife, or my children is nit very bright and will no longer be our doctor.  Simple.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were also forced by the CDC, NIH, insurance industry and Medicare to ignore all treatments and medicines, except for the ones that pushed the narrative.

They put people on vents, gave them drugs that didn't work, and killed patients.

That would weigh heavily on anyone that decided a paycheck was more important than speaking out.

I hope they all burn in hell, all the way to the top of their food chain.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL, I got burned out my intern year but that was because I had to do shitty inpatient internal medicine and made minimum wage while working 80+ hours a week and 87% of patients are either opiate addicts or fat self-induced diabetics who could literally cure themselves with diet and exercise.  With COVID all that happened was the attendings went remote and residents and fellows stayed in the hospitals.  Fortunately I have minimal actual patient contact now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

For those with a conscience and introspection, which is probably a low percentage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:42:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They were also forced by the CDC, NIH, insurance industry and Medicare to ignore all treatments and medicines, except for the ones that pushed the narrative.

They put people on vents, gave them drugs that didn't work, and killed patients.

That would weigh heavily on anyone that decided a paycheck was more important than speaking out.

I hope they all burn in hell, all the way to the top of their food chain.
View Quote

Josef Mengele was a doctor.

A number of contemporary "doctors" have no problem with extracting a fetus from the womb as it starts to go into delivery, then once out, grab the baby by the legs, raise it overhead, & slam its head down on the ground to finish it off. Not even kidding. They call it a "late term abortion", & it's been done & documented. Not considered a crime in a number of states.

Some MD's really don't give a damn about "saving life". To them, any transaction that pays the bills is GTG.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Josef Mengele was a doctor.

A number of contemporary "doctors" have no problem with extracting a fetus from the womb as it starts to go into delivery, then once out, grab the baby by the legs, raise it overhead, & slam its head down on the ground to finish it off. Not even kidding. They call it a "late term abortion", & it's been done & documented. Not considered a crime in a number of states.

Some MD's really don't give a damn about "saving life". To them, any transaction that pays the bills is GTG.
View Quote

Shiro Ishii as well.  Monsters in white coats. The killings didn't start in the camps in the 3rd Reich. It started in the hospitals.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 3:07:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Shiro Ishii as well.  Monsters in white coats. The killings didn't start in the camps in the 3rd Reich. It started in the hospitals.
View Quote

Unit 731. Lots of infamy to go around just in that time period alone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Without subscribing nefarious purpose:

There were people who took the vax because they believed they had to to retain the comfort and convenience of their job.

There were(are) people who administered the vax because they believed they had to to retain the comfort and convenience of their job.

One of those groups is far closer to a victim than the other, but in both cases cash is king and personal integrity took the back seat.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My relative went from "don't be one of those Trump supporters who thinks they know better" to "what the fuck have we been doing for the past two years and was this vaccine shit all wrong?"

It was fascinating to watch albeit extremely frustrating to me.
View Quote

That's interesting. I suspect there's quite a bit of that happening in peoples' thought processes out there, even if it's something they're keeping to themselves.

Fantasy land bullshit false realities like the covidian insanity of the last two years cannot go on forever.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Response as expected - just call a person a liar to their face rather than address the actual content of the message. Kind of sums up the last couple of years doesn't it ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who lack integrity often exist in denial of others who do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So correct!
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#31]
So telling all of their patients there ain’t shit we can do for them, but if you get bad enough call an ambulance so they can take you to the hospital to die, was stressful for them huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top