Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
in on 1
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
NI....even if it costs me a plane ticket!

Freedom ain't free.  A plane ticket pales in comparison to the lives that have been given.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This would be at NRA HQ?
View Quote
And what, exactly , will we be demanding?

I’m all for it, but what do we want besides change?

LaPierre gone, but who to take his place?

How do we prevent this from occurring again?

Executive power to the elected President so that he could fire the executive vice President ?
That would allow an effective leader to stay in place , but with the membership controlling his fate.

Demand a reduction in The Board of Directors? Required attendance to keep your seat?

Outside Audits?

What are we demanding?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#12]
All hands on deck.  I like this plan.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]
good questions posted thus far...  count me in
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
In before the "FNRA, burn it to the ground" crowd that dominates GD these days.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As efforts ramp up to SAVE THE NRA and get power back to the membership, we are planning a national gathering to show our unity for this effort to the Board, the Executive Committee, and the Leadership. There are already a number of folks at all those levels who see that the MEMBERSHIP is upset, angry, and pushing for changes. This is our time to shine.

Each and every one of us, NRA Member or not, who loves the 2nd Amendment, to stand up against those willing to do us wrong. The NRA Leadership has been misusing funds for their own purposes. Funds which were meant to help protect our freedoms for generations to come. Funds which we all worked hard for and donated out of our love for freedom. Funds which were meant for one purpose and taken away. This gathering must be a big wake up call to them to see that we will fight them as a membership and as patriots!

The NRA in it's current form will never REPRESENT us properly. This is the time to make it right. We need to save it from the ashes and bring it back as an organization that represents all gun owners and all those who understand why the 2nd Amendment is as important as the 1st Amendment. A strong NRA is critical to the upcoming election as our voices need to be heard as a single, powerful, call to arms. We must back the right politicians who understand the Constitution and their duty to defend it. If we wait too long to fix things, we will go into next year with an unloaded weapon and without the our strength. This is the time to act!

The 2nd Amendment is critical to this country's survival. If we allow ourselves to be disarmed, we will go down as the biggest failure of a people in history. Willingly giving up power to the ruling class, who is so careless with leadership, money, and power. Those who would take everything from us to keep themselves at the top. You don't see these folks who strip us of our rights giving up anything they have to prove their point do you? NO!!!! Those in power want more power and with an unarmed state, they can rule without fear or consequence!

It is now OUR TIME. As a community, we must band together and show ourselves as a force for change. We need to set a date, agree to gather together for this cause, and call FOR CHANGES to the NRA!!!!
Due to expected weather, time needed for word to spread, and to make this viable, we have narrowed it down to these potential dates:
1) Saturday November 3rd
2) Saturday November 10th
3) Saturday November 17th

November 10th may be the best choice and is also the 65th anniversary (1954) of the Marine Corps War Memorial. (The Iwo Jima statue is unveiled at the USMC War Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery. The cast bronze memorial is based on the iconic photo of the raising of the Flag on Iwo Jima by Associated Press photographer Joe Rosenthal and President Dwight D. Eisenhower performed the dedication ceremony.)

This effort is for all of us, so please share your thoughts, other ideas for dates, or ask questions. I will do everything I can to answer.
View Quote
... I'm in
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I cant join any local ranges as they force nra membership on us
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before the "FNRA, burn it to the ground" crowd that dominates GD these days.
View Quote
Introspection is hard to come by sometimes.  Easier to point.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And what, exactly , will we be demanding?

I’m all for it, but what do we want besides change?

LaPierre gone, but who to take his place?

How do we prevent this from occurring again?

Executive power to the elected President so that he could fire the executive vice President ?
That would allow an effective leader to stay in place , but with the membership controlling his fate.

Demand a reduction in The Board of Directors? Required attendance to keep your seat?

Outside Audits?

What are we demanding?
View Quote
What I want is a Code of Conduct for execs and board members that requires the highest ethics that can be codified, and termination for anything approaching the appearance of impropriety.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]
As usual, activism based on a geographic gathering stays out of reach for the working family man.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]

I like where this is going.

Eta;

D.C. in November though...

Has a "Save the NRA" PAC been considered? A org designed to function independently, but in coordination with current and potential members who are demanding an overhaul of leadership?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As usual, activism based on a geographic gathering stays out of reach for the working family man.
View Quote
Be a social media force multiplier. Get the word out and post/tweet/link the speeches and pics of the event.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for taking the lead Goatboy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As efforts ramp up to SAVE THE NRA and get power back to the membership, we are planning a national gathering to show our unity for this effort to the Board, the Executive Committee, and the Leadership. There are already a number of folks at all those levels who see that the MEMBERSHIP is upset, angry, and pushing for changes. This is our time to shine.

Each and every one of us, NRA Member or not, who loves the 2nd Amendment, to stand up against those willing to do us wrong. The NRA Leadership has been misusing funds for their own purposes. Funds which were meant to help protect our freedoms for generations to come. Funds which we all worked hard for and donated out of our love for freedom. Funds which were meant for one purpose and taken away. This gathering must be a big wake up call to them to see that we will fight them as a membership and as patriots!

The NRA in it's current form will never REPRESENT us properly. This is the time to make it right. We need to save it from the ashes and bring it back as an organization that represents all gun owners and all those who understand why the 2nd Amendment is as important as the 1st Amendment. A strong NRA is critical to the upcoming election as our voices need to be heard as a single, powerful, call to arms. We must back the right politicians who understand the Constitution and their duty to defend it. If we wait too long to fix things, we will go into next year with an unloaded weapon and without the our strength. This is the time to act!

The 2nd Amendment is critical to this country's survival. If we allow ourselves to be disarmed, we will go down as the biggest failure of a people in history. Willingly giving up power to the ruling class, who is so careless with leadership, money, and power. Those who would take everything from us to keep themselves at the top. You don't see these folks who strip us of our rights giving up anything they have to prove their point do you? NO!!!! Those in power want more power and with an unarmed state, they can rule without fear or consequence!

It is now OUR TIME. As a community, we must band together and show ourselves as a force for change. We need to set a date, agree to gather together for this cause, and call FOR CHANGES to the NRA!!!!
Due to expected weather, time needed for word to spread, and to make this viable, we have narrowed it down to these potential dates:
1) Saturday November 3rd
2) Saturday November 10th
3) Saturday November 17th

November 10th may be the best choice and is also the 65th anniversary (1954) of the Marine Corps War Memorial. (The Iwo Jima statue is unveiled at the USMC War Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery. The cast bronze memorial is based on the iconic photo of the raising of the Flag on Iwo Jima by Associated Press photographer Joe Rosenthal and President Dwight D. Eisenhower performed the dedication ceremony.)

This will be in the DC area!!!

This effort is for all of us, so please share your thoughts, other ideas for dates, or ask questions. I will do everything I can to answer.
View Quote
The plan is doomed to fail and here is why, NO ONE IMPORTANT WILL BE AT NRA HEADQUARTERS ON SATURDAY!!!

You will have some museum/gift shop employees, and indoor range employees plus people going to the museum or range. These people will not be influenced by a bunch of pissed off members.

YOU NEED TO BE THERE ON MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY!!! That why the higher up NRA employees will see us.

Now a better plan would be to have a protest at the NRA convention, where a lot of voting members, board members, employees, and even vendors will see us and how pissed we are!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Tag,  Might not be able to make it but I can help spread the word
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Get rid of Wayne and we can talk
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Looking at a calendar, those are not Saturdays.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#33]
@sidecargt

@scdonttreadonme
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I won't be able attend due to being broken but if a fund was started so a bus/buses could be chartered, motel rooms, meals, etc... for those that can attend I will donate all I can to get people there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tag,  Might not be able to make it but I can help spread the word
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag. Probably wont be able to make it due to distance but I will contribute $$ to help in whatever way.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#38]
In on 1.

I don't hate this idea.  I was a member but let it lapse after the bumpstock shitshow.

I like the NRA in that the left hates them, but dislike them in that they're a bunch of fudds who like to screw over their own members.  I'd be interested in helping reverse that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I might make that drive if its on the 2nd or 9th.
Gun owners having to protest the NRA...
I dont like this timeline no more.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sorry about that, fixed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at a calendar, those are not Saturdays.
Sorry about that, fixed!
Well shit because of shift work that would theoretically change my vote.

Doesnt matter to me, I will do what it takes.

But there are more people than me to consider??

can you pull out more magic @goatboy and start the poll over?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I’ll be there. I’m always down for a good reason to drive across the country.

I can think of almost no better reason right now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well shit because of shift work that would theoretically change my vote.

Doesnt matter to me, I will do what it takes.

But there are more people than me to consider??

can you pull out more magic @goatboy and start the poll over?
View Quote
I didn't vote because theoretically any of those weekends should work for me. Which one do you want and I'll vote for it.

Overall, if there is enough interest in this, one or two votes won't matter anyway.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's tough, we know. If you can't make it there, then help spread the word to everyone you know. Things are ramping up, we need all hands on deck.
View Quote
Is there a way that something could be set up to donate to people that can go from those of us that most likely cannot be there. I have no problem helping to pay for someones way there and back and some meals along the way.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#44]
November is not a good month. Right in the middle of prime time deer season isn’t an ideal time to gather gun owners on a weekend.

Yes, I get it, our rights are way more important than that, but that doesn’t mean it won’t affect attendance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is there a way that something could be set up to donate to people that can go from those of us that most likely cannot be there. I have no problem helping to pay for someones way there and back and some meals along the way.
View Quote
Great idea, and I would donate myself.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey, hey ho, ho Wayne and Marion have too go.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This wont be held at the NRA headquarters, nor for their benefit. This is aimed at a larger goal we all need, to get the NRA back in the hands of the people. Location won't matter, the statement we make to the country is what matters. This is part of a larger fight and it's one of the MOST important pieces. This is the voice of the people shouting at once to remove the corruption in leadership. (Keep in mind this is not about 1 man in power who has to go, it's about draining our own swamp!)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The plan is doomed to fail and here is why, NO ONE IMPORTANT WILL BE AT NRA HEADQUARTERS ON SATURDAY!!!

You will have some museum/gift shop employees, and indoor range employees plus people going to the museum or range. These people will not be influenced by a bunch of pissed off members.

YOU NEED TO BE THERE ON MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY!!! That why the higher up NRA employees will see us.

Now a better plan would be to have a protest at the NRA convention, where a lot of voting members, board members, employees, and even vendors will see us and how pissed we are!
This wont be held at the NRA headquarters, nor for their benefit. This is aimed at a larger goal we all need, to get the NRA back in the hands of the people. Location won't matter, the statement we make to the country is what matters. This is part of a larger fight and it's one of the MOST important pieces. This is the voice of the people shouting at once to remove the corruption in leadership. (Keep in mind this is not about 1 man in power who has to go, it's about draining our own swamp!)
Then you need to be at the convention, that is the only place you will have 70,000+ members to hear our grievances with the the Board and WLP. Members going to the convention are half way serious members those most likely to vote to drain the NRA swamp.

It is about the members taking the NRA back from the swamp the the swamp dwellers.

It is also the vendors at the convention at the Dallas convention over half the vendors were selling AR based firearms and accessories.

There is a chance of getting a lot more support for from members and vendors at the convention than anyplace else.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I didn't vote because theoretically any of those weekends should work for me. Which one do you want and I'll vote for it.

Overall, if there is enough interest in this, one or two votes won't matter anyway.
View Quote
Very generous of you.  I got the time and flexibility.  I would not really matter to me which day its on.  I will make it a point to get off.  I was just gonna vote a preference.

I was thinking of anybody who didn't have my flexibility.  But the truth is I wasn't paying close enough attention.  Only a few people had voted.

It is probably a moot point.

Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Great idea, and I would donate myself.
View Quote
I know the left does it so we can also.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Protest at WLP house ?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top