Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2018 12:24:53 PM EDT
I live in Florida so generally dont have to travel in the winter if I want to go diving. But for you others up north do you travel in the winter so you dont lose skills?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I take a dive vacation every year.  Bonaire most years.  I also dive dry in Winter, at home in AR
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
OP messed up the poll by omitting option 4:  I live in the north and I ice dive in the winter.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Might do a quarry dive or two in the winter. Otherwise, pool work.

I don’t dive warm OR salt water.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
We dive locally in the summer and travel to dive in the winter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP messed up the poll by omitting option 4:  I live in the north and I ice dive in the winter.
View Quote
I actually think I’m going to try ice diving this winter,  now that I’m diving dry again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I pretty much ONLY dive during the winter. The caves are the same temperature but the air is much more bearable than during May-September LOL
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I pretty much ONLY dive during the winter. The caves are the same temperature but the air is much more bearable than during May-September LOL
View Quote
Water quality is better Sept-May too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Another month or two begins ice diving season.  Water isn't much colder than it is during the rest of the year.  It's just colder topside. The club I dive with has an enclosed trailer they have a heater in to Don and doff gear

Last weekend I dove lake wazee and it was 39 deg at 100 ft. Pretty much the same temp as when I dove in August.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top