Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 3:34:42 PM EST
security guard, or warehouse worker, or Un-employed !

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:19:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:43:01 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By feudist:
You should lecture that at Academies all over the country.

Better yet...is that actually a job?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feudist:
Originally Posted By joeyd16779:
I was a garbage man for the first ten years.

The last nine, which require travel, I have been pretended to be a pre-need funeral salesman.  An hour of research online has saved me countless days of conversations with strangers.  It is amazing how fast people at restaurant bars, hotel lounges, airports/airplanes, sporting events, community events, etc... will leave you alone if they ask "What do you do? and I say "I am a salesmen who sells pre-need funerals.  Have you thought about your death ands it financial impact on other? I would like to talk to you about it sometime.  What do you do?"  And when they tell me, I follow that right up with something tying it back to an untimely death and the importance of not causing a financial burden on their family.  Not one in the thousand times plus I have deployed such has anyone taken me up.  They are so uncomfortable with my comfortability talking about their death they disappear and leave me alone.

You should lecture that at Academies all over the country.

Better yet...is that actually a job?

Yes, it is.  Get calls all the time. (I think the cancer center support group puts you on a call list)
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:53:56 PM EST
A few years back I was in a small comedy club seated near the front and the comedian asked me  what I did for a living. That night I was the Zamboni driver for the professional hockey team in the area. The guy said, wow that is cool and he moved on.

Usually I tell people I run estate sales and I sell on Ebay,  which I have done on the side.  It is not a lie.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:58:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/21/2020 12:59:00 PM EST by Uzimon]
I had a guy on the files wanting some of my trashcangun mags.
Said he was 5-0 and that it was legal for him to own. Said he could send me a pic of his 5-0 vip id if to prove it. I said to send it then. And i gave him payment info.
Crickets..
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:07:55 PM EST
I went to a friend's party with about 10 other people there, one of whom was - ahem - making lots of trips to the bathroom.

My friend had told everyone that his wife's cousin would be at the party, and that he was a cop, so... no shenanigans.

Dumbass is sitting at a table with me, my friend, friend's wife, and the cop, and asks whether anyone wanted to do a line.

The cop says "What did you say?"

The look on dumbass' face when he realized his mistake was priceless.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:51:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Why are people who aren’t even in law enforcement going into detail about what they tell people?  Isn’t the thread specifically asking what LE tell people?  Sort of like having a thread asking about the weather in Omaha and instead getting responses from people in Seattle stating what their weather conditions currently are.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:04:38 AM EST
Ill bet I go further than anyone with this topic. don’t even tell other LEOs I’m a cop. I’ll admit that I get pulled over every  few years for a traffic violation . The last time was about 6 months ago for an inoperable rear brake light. Most would at least identify themselves to the officer. Not me. I take my medicine no matter what. I don’t tell anyone what I actually do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:37:38 AM EST
never been a cop ever but get asked if i am one all the time meetin new people. not sure why.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:06:24 AM EST
I do security at the mall so yes, I'm a cop.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:21:50 AM EST
I haven't been a cop in some years, but I would never volunteer that information when I was on the job. If the subject came up, I'd just say I was a medic (which I was) or a social worker.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:37:47 AM EST
ITT, "helpful strangers" ask members to identify themselves as law enforcement.

Thanks, fren.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:40:24 AM EST
Just pointing out that our society has fallen so bad that people are ashamed of being law enforcement and won't be honest with people.

Integrity

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:45:03 AM EST
I always tell people I'm a cop, even if they don't ask......even though I'm not a cop.  

For the crowd who don't understand the above was a joke
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:45:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By joshiedoom:
Just pointing out that our society has fallen so bad that people are ashamed of being law enforcement and won't be honest with people.

Integrity

View Quote

So you've never been a cop? Ever been in a social situation when people find out you're a cop and start pelting you with questions like, "Hey man, I got this ticket like 8 years ago, but I didn't do anything wrong, and the f-ing cop didn't have no reason to even pull me over. You ever pull somebody over for that?"  

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:48:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By sgtlmj:

So you've never been a cop? Ever been in a social situation when people find out you're a cop and start pelting you with questions like, "Hey man, I got this ticket like 8 years ago, but I didn't do anything wrong, and the f-ing cop didn't have no reason to even pull me over. You ever pull somebody over for that?"  

View Quote

Or “my cousin’s friend is a cop of Bumfuck, SD, do you know him?”
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 4:21:31 PM EST
It rarely comes up. I don’t hide it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:03:11 PM EST

Integrity

View Quote
Whose integrity?

Society's?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:43:53 PM EST

Integrity

View Quote

What point are you trying to make?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:46:55 PM EST
Is OP talking about conversations with hookers?  I read in GD that if a hooker or drug dealer  asks, you have to tell the person you’re a cop.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:56:28 PM EST
Nope mostly because I’m not a cop. But my neighbor asked me during a range load out I told him I’m a janitor. Not a janitor either. No ones fucking business what I do for a living.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:56:36 PM EST
“Immediate responding marriage counselor”
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:35:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By mclark202:
“Immediate responding marriage counselor”
View Quote

I've told girls on first dates that I'm an armed unlicensed mental health professional.

It's not wrong...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:06:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
Is OP talking about conversations with hookers?  I read in GD that if a hooker or drug dealer  asks, you have to tell the person you're a cop.
View Quote
That's absolutely true.

I did 25 years in Federal prison for lying about that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:34:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By alacop:
I just say I work for the state.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:26:12 PM EST
Nope
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:44:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
Is OP talking about conversations with hookers?  I read in GD that if a hooker or drug dealer  asks, you have to tell the person you're a cop.
View Quote
I heard they only have to tell the truth after the third time
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:31:57 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:34:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By slankford:
Don't tell them your an English teacher.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top