User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2019 12:45:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I'm not a Mason, so...yes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
We got ours (FL) a few years ago. I've been meaning to pick one up, but havent gotten around to it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any Masonic references on our vehicles.   I wouldn't want to shed a bad light on the Craft while I'm yelling and flipping you off after you cut me off in traffic.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have any Masonic references on our vehicles.   I wouldn't want to shed a bad light on the Craft while I'm yelling and flipping you off after you cut me off in traffic.  
View Quote
I have stickers on my car.  Its a reminder to behave, just like my ring is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, the learning to subdue my passions thing is tough.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I am afraid of. I try though...
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Honestly this is why I don't have one.
I don't flip people off, but I do drive like an asshole. Lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why not just don't "drive like an asshole" . Maybe represent what Masonry is all about.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Ours is purple and I don't agree with how the additional fee is disbursed.

So no.

But the Prince Hall plate is a fine looking plate in my state.  Much better than the mainline plate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not just don't "drive like an asshole" . Maybe represent what Masonry is all about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Striving to make myself better. I will be the first to admit that I am not perfect and I have a long way to go...
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep. Only $15.

Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Most of the money goes to the state general fund in Georgia. You pay $80 extra dollars and $10 goes to the Masonic funds charity. The state general fund gets $49. I would rather send my money to the Masonic fund and skip giving the state more money.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Sure did.

When I was active in the lodge I had one.

PM Salem Lodge #21.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I do.  When I moved from the jurisdiction in which I hold membership, the Grand Lodge of my new residence was nice enough to approve my request.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I do.  When I moved from the jurisdiction in which I hold membership, the Grand Lodge of my new residence was nice enough to approve my request.
View Quote
Welcome brother. We are happy that you used your post here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We have a bill working its way through the legislature to allow us to create one.

https://le.utah.gov/~2019/bills/static/HB0364.html
View Quote
Be careful. We had a bill just like that. It was a generic square and compass that was purposely chosen to include all Georgia Masons. The Prince Hall wouldn't vote for it and submitted their own design that would prevent any other GA masons from being able to display it. Luckily the generic one passed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one on my car.  The extra cost goes into the widows and orphans fund.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#20]
WI has Masonic plates but I'm not a Mason so that's about all I know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
WI has Masonic plates...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
WI has Masonic plates...
As far as I know, the State keeps every dime.

Quoted:
...but I'm not a Mason...
Wanna Be?  I know a guy.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I think I'm going to wait until 2020 when I'm in the East.

I also have a 30 mile commute one way to work on the parkway. That road does not bring out the best in me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife and I are going to swap cars in a bit, I'll probably get one when I get my car back.

I'm also about to buy a very low-key Masonic ring.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Ours are $10

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Ours are like 50 dollars more than the regular fee, so about 75 dollars
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#27]
They are doing away with our front license plates next year, I may pick up a square and compasses front plate then.

This one seems cool as well

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting that you say that. I put one on my rear window, and one on my 5th wheel. It reminds me to square my actions behind the wheel.
MM plates are a thing here, but like any other vanity plate, it comes at an additional price and none of that extra money goes to charity. Vanity plates are an additional $75 upfront, and another $40 annually on top of your already ridiculous tab fees.

I can cut a new vinyl decal for less than $1.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Interesting that you say that. I put one on my rear window, and one on my 5th wheel. It reminds me to square my actions behind the wheel.
MM plates are a thing here, but like any other vanity plate, it comes at an additional price and none of that extra money goes to charity. Vanity plates are an additional $75 upfront, and another $40 annually on top of your already ridiculous tab fees.

I can cut a new vinyl decal for less than $1.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/179894/lodge_decal_JPG-934689.JPG
View Quote
I need to get a vinyl cutter. The guys at lodge would love that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
85% of the stuff I make is for Masons, or Masonic groups. Shirts, sweatshirts, decals, banners for events, and wall art for the fellowship room.
I bought my wife a $400 heat press for her crafting hobby, and I made enough off of an order of hoodies for the Sons of Hiram Riding club to pay for it.
It's made us a lot of spare change just doing one-off's and small orders of shirts and hoodies that the large shops want to charge crazy prices for.
Working on "EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT" jackets for a local event's first responder team now. Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl is inexpensive, easy to work with, and very profitable.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Been thinking about it, but I would hate my driving to cast a bad light on the craft
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
85% of the stuff I make is for Masons, or Masonic groups. Shirts, sweatshirts, decals, banners for events, and wall art for the fellowship room.
I bought my wife a $400 heat press for her crafting hobby, and I made enough off of an order of hoodies for the Sons of Hiram Riding club to pay for it.
It's made us a lot of spare change just doing one-off's and small orders of shirts and hoodies that the large shops want to charge crazy prices for.
Working on "EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT" jackets for a local event's first responder team now. Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl is inexpensive, easy to work with, and very profitable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a cricut machine or an actual vinyl cutter?  Interested in what you are using.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is that a cricut machine or an actual vinyl cutter?  Interested in what you are using.
View Quote
For smaller stuff and HTV I use a Silhouette Cameo. For anything larger than 12 inches tall, I use a 28 inch MH series cutter from UScutter. TBH, the 28 inch cutter doesn't see a lot of use. Unless you are going to make a business or a serious side hustle, you can do damn near anything with a Silhouette. Even most banners can be done with a 12 inch plotter. Banner blanks are typically 24, 36 and 48 inch width in various lengths.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top