Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2020 9:46:57 PM EDT
If you do and they offer allocated bourbons by lottery I will be happy to make more than generous offers to the winners of any bottles.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Worse. A state liquor control commission that used to be run by the Italians and now the Chaldeans, who contract with warehouses and delivery cos, and set approved liquor lists and minimum and max shelf prices.

So the warehouses get the contracts by hiring the family members of the commissioners, and have almost no service at all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What's an ABC state?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's an ABC state?
View Quote

Some people have the misfortune if living in a state where the State Gov owns and operates the liquor stores. Selection is terrible if you're looking for good stuff. Probably more negatives. IL isn't one (thank god) so I don't have those problems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
These.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#6]
yep pa sucks for booze
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put in for Ohio's Woodford baccarat,  double eagle rare and old fashioned copper..... in the slim, slim chance i get the opportunity to spend 4 figures on a bottle, its getting flipped ..
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
No but I wish I could get OWA like Ohioans. If you didn’t know, OWA stands for Ohio’s Weller Allocation.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No but I wish I could get OWA like Ohioans. If you didn’t know, OWA stands for Ohio’s Weller Allocation.
View Quote

I usually see a case of it every other week or so, and Blanton’s is usually on the shelf in Idaho.

Our allocation system is not the worst. Wish they would change the lottery systems to ID residents only tho.

Our whisky/scotch selection is absolute garbage, but bourbon beats Colorado for ease of hunting.

I have stopped at a few liqour stores in smaller Montana towns that were absolutely depressing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife lived in PA for awhile, I almost never drink but PA is a pia
View Quote

Booze and gasoline are the two things that I regularly travel into NY for. In the spirit of the thread, it doesn't look like PA has any current lotteries going on, but I believe 4 Roses and the VanWinkle line will be coming up soon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I brought home like 5 bottles from a tiny ass liquor store in Kansas last year.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy crap, it's Aimless!!!! Funny seeing you around these parts...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Penguin abides!
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Blue laws suck, and Kentucky has a bunch, but I thank God that we are not run by the Ky .gov.

We are just run by the damn politics.

But still....that's way better than having the state run the liquor stores.

View Quote

That always made me scra5ch my head the first time I visited Kentucky: Huh, this is where they make all the bourbon, and it's a bunch of dry counties....
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
This is how Ohio did it this fall:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Small perks to living in a State Run
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Two please.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Barkeep, I’ll have what he’s having.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Barkeep, I’ll have what he’s having.
View Quote

I’m honestly not the biggest fan of blantons, but on principle the gold is a buy on sight it’s more for future trade bait, if I’m being honest.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Congratulations! This is the first year that's been available in the US. I think it's the 2nd best of the Blanton line behind SFTB.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Some people have the misfortune if living in a state where the State Gov owns and operates the liquor stores. Selection is terrible if you're looking for good stuff. Probably more negatives. IL isn't one (thank god) so I don't have those problems.
View Quote

@CastleBravo91
Are you near Chicago? I'm headed out that way next week and would like to pick up some bourbon while I'm out there.
It's been slim pickins here in PA this year. If near Chicago, where do you recommend to look? I had hit up Binneys when I was out last time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@CastleBravo91
Are you near Chicago? I'm headed out that way next week and would like to pick up some bourbon while I'm out there.
It's been slim pickins here in PA this year. If near Chicago, where do you recommend to look? I had hit up Binneys when I was out last time.
View Quote

Sorry, saw this and forgot to reply. I'm about 45 minutes down (technically NW) I-90 from Chicago. Binny's is the only store chain I really know about but they have a bunch of locations. It is actually worth visiting  multiple locations because they don't all have the same selection. I have 3 within reasonable driving distance from me so I'll hit all of them in a weekend.

Armanetti's is a smaller chain and I believe the closest one to Chicago is in Addison. A little pricey but they do get allocated stuff, you just have to ask for it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Heads up Pennsylvania residents. The Pappy Van Winkle lottery just opened in your state! Best wishes for a successful lottery!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I live in Pennsyltuckey, so I can't have/get the truly good stuff.

Of course, I (pretty much) gave up drinking in March, so there's that too . . . !

That said, if you can get it, there's a PA vodka which is - far-and-away - the best vodka I ever had. It's called, Penn 1681.

$17.99/5th. Unbelievable stuff - smooth as silk with NO nastiness.

Thank me later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top