Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2021 3:33:49 AM EDT
... do you relearn it and start from your last save, or delete the save and start over from the beginning?
I've got several games for the PS4 and Switch that I haven't played in a year or two, and I think I just need to start over.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually start over if I take an extended hiatus from a game.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the game.  I'd it's story heavy I'll usually restart. If not, I usually will pick up where I left off, though the learning curve can be a bit steep.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Risk in some variations and Settlers, but usually because I'm teaching others.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually start a new game but keep the old save file if possible.  That way I can relearn using the new game and once up to speed can load up the old save file and continue without totally screwing things up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I took a break from counter strike.  Came back and within a few games there i am trying to defuse a bomb, drew a blank on which key did that.  

On a related note.  Once fell asleep while waiting on the start of a WOT game.  Wook up at the very end.  I was the last tank left and parked on the spawn of course.  A dude is rolling up, thinks I'm AFK.  He's positioning his tank to park nose to nose with my tank, after which I assume he will shoot.  The instant he makes contact, I fire and destroy him.  CSB
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
My biggest problem is changing from PC to console and back.
Trying to remember the controls from toggle to keyboard is a bugger.

One of my big complaints as far as muscle memory is Cyberpunk2077, which uses the F key rather than the E key as the action button.
I’ve died the savage death due to that!
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My biggest problem is changing from PC to console and back.
Trying to remember the controls from toggle to keyboard is a bugger.

One of my big complaints as far as muscle memory is Cyberpunk2077, which uses the F key rather than the E key as the action button.
I’ve died the savage death due to that!
View Quote

I use an Xbox controller for most of my PC gaming
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/s239QJIh56sRW/giphy.gif

I game to relax, so most of the time I'm kicked back in a comfy chair.

I'll use mouse and keyboard for stuff where a controller isn't practical (competitive FPS, precision survival or crafting games, RTS etc) and my cockpits for sims, but for RPGs, casual stuff and single-player FPSs a controller is much better for me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:47:40 AM EDT
[#11]

I played Valorant on controller for a couple months. Was hard as hell but still fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top