Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Any question that begins with "Do you believe the US Government and Media when it comes to X" is almost certain to be a "no".
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or we go broke which is what happened to them in Afghanistan. Not exactly the same but if Russia can bleed us for years, as this looks to be heading, then they may get their own Reagan moment. Or maybe they are just incompetent.
View Quote
It's frustrating how inept our chief policy maker is. We're fighting a proxy war with Russia, a country that runs off of gas and oil revenues. Internally we're facing high inflation. Inflation is heavily affected by energy prices. The obvious move is to temporarily abandon green energy goals and push to maximize energy production and exports. Approve drilling and pipelines then subsize the infrastructure to export our energy to Europe.  This directly cuts Russian influence while expanding our influence, decreasing our inflation and vastly reducing Russian profits they need to fight the war.

Unfortunately we are unwilling to make the obvious moves to protect our international and internal interests.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
There's never a hero in a battle of evil
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's frustrating how inept our chief policy maker is. We're fighting a proxy war with Russia, a country that runs off of gas and oil revenues. Internally we're facing high inflation. Inflation is heavily affected by energy prices. The obvious move is to temporarily abandon green energy goals and push to maximize energy production and exports. Approve drilling and pipelines then subsize the infrastructure to export our energy to Europe.  This directly cuts Russian influence while expanding our influence, decreasing our inflation and vastly reducing Russian profits they need to fight the war.

Unfortunately we are unwilling to make the obvious moves to protect our international and internal interests.
View Quote
Oil at $30 a barrel would hurt Putin far worse than a hundred HIMARs.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Just have to note at this point in the thread almost exactly 87% of ARFCOM believes the government is lying to them.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]
trust the government and government-controlled media? dah dah tovarisch.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but our donor class wouldn’t be able to pay off their debts for pennies on the dollar without inflation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Russia is run by an evil man.
Ukraine has the right to self determination.
Fuck Putin. Fuck his KGB ass with a cactus.
The only reasonable action is to support Ukraine against KGB Vlad and Russia.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. We should be making oil and gas as inexpensive as possible. Cut their profits as much as possible.

I've got no problem with giving them HIMARS too, but cheap energy is the obvious answer that will make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Imagine taking things at face value.

Next you'll tell me the Patriot Act was patriotic and the Inflation Reduction Act will help reduce inflation.
View Quote

It probably will, because of the concessions on fossil fuel production.

I don't believe the MSM, and I don't consume their product.

I think Ukraine has a lot in common with Kuwait. Yes Putin/Saddam is a thug, yes they invaded a neighbor, and the "free world" decided to support that neighbor, but we had a ton of shady dealings in that country before things kicked off, a diplomatic solution would have been relatively simple if we'd had decent leadership that wasn't directly involved in the corruption, and the invader had much more pressing national interests at stake than anyone let on.

Day to day I don't follow events. Nothing I can do about it and there's only so much tragedy I can get invested in.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#11]
You would have to be a moron to believe the government at face value, same with the media which acts as the Democrat's propaganda arm. During the last 20 years it has been non stop lies about everything.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yep. We should be making oil and gas as inexpensive as possible. Cut their profits as much as possible.

I've got no problem with giving them HIMARS too, but cheap energy is the obvious answer that will make a huge difference.
View Quote
People seem to have forgotten that's how we bankrupted the Soviet Union in the 1980s:  We forced them into an arms race, and then turned on the pumps to undermine their main source of foreign currency which then, like today, was oil and natural gas.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#13]
What are you questioning?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#14]
The Left is pushing as hard as they can to get the Russians to hit us. Then they will have the war they think they need.

See todays last aide package yet.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe the Russians more than our own media and government on this issue. Honestly I follow a few youtubers inside Russia that do a pretty good job give me the inside Russia information which seems way more plausible than our governments.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe the Russians more than our own media and government on this issue. Honestly I follow a few youtubers inside Russia that do a pretty good job give me the inside Russia information which seems way more plausible than our governments.
View Quote
I listen to every source:  US, UK, EU, Ukrainian, Russian, Chinese.

When they all agree on something, like a Venn diagram, that's how I know what the truth is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Which country is an open society? Sure as hell isn’t us.
View Quote

We aren’t? How so?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Title and poll title are different.

voted no

of course they're lying
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We aren’t? How so?
View Quote

Go online and post what a woman is. See if you have a job the next day, depending on where you work.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it? I don't know the right answer. Do you think Zalensky is clean? Do you think he's a lesser evil than Putin?
If so, why? Personally, I put Zalensky right next to his mentor, Trudeau. A worthless POS.

I believe absolutely nothing the media has portrayed of him...nothing.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. I know little facts about what's going on. I'm all for giving them humanitarian aid. Give them med supplies, and
help get refugees out. The US is openly giving arms and military aid to Ukraine.

For all you kill Russia warmongers...remember...everything you know about this war was pushed on you. You've been spoon fed to love Ukraine.
Ask yourself this: Do I trust the media? Do I trust this administration? If the answer is no, i suggest questioning your position on this conflict.

I freely admit I could be 100% wrong. I just can't believe a media that's lied to us for so long could all of a sudden do a 180 and tell us the truth.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#21]
not sure why anyone would still get all there info from MSM anyways when there are a mega shit ton of info available online through countless independents. social media has changed the way people get info, you just have to use your brain to sort through all the propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I know the war is real, but it’s a Democrat money laundering scheme.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

alex jones tell you that? lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah but why give the assholes that gave us Putin and baited Ukraine and now want us to pay for their incompetence and lack of empathy in foreign policy cover? Fuck them too.  In GD fashion, get both.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is it? I don't know the right answer. Do you think Zalensky is clean? Do you think he's a lesser evil than Putin?
If so, why? Personally, I put Zalensky right next to his mentor, Trudeau. A worthless POS.

I believe absolutely nothing the media has portrayed of him...nothing.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. I know little facts about what's going on. I'm all for giving them humanitarian aid. Give them med supplies, and
help get refugees out. The US is openly giving arms and military aid to Ukraine.

For all you kill Russia warmongers...remember...everything you know about this war was pushed on you. You've been spoon fed to love Ukraine.
Ask yourself this: Do I trust the media? Do I trust this administration? If the answer is no, i suggest questioning your position on this conflict.

I freely admit I could be 100% wrong. I just can't believe a media that's lied to us for so long could all of a sudden do a 180 and tell us the truth.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
View Quote

You know as much as i cringed at kamalas preschool explanation of what is going on over there you don't need to know whole lot more. Russia is a big country they invaded ukraine which is a smaller country and that is bad.

There is not much of any justification russia can give which validates their actions in the ukraine.

Ukraine can be dirty as fuck globohomo whatever that doesn't mean you get to go flatten cities.

Truth is the first casualty of war but i don't see a whole lot beyond rah rah go ukraine/russia or ukraine/russia is bad and bombing babies/nazis...

I don't listen to much of what our fed gov says but it seems like they just want to send weapons to bolster the mil industrial complex and take a chunk out of a historic us adversary.

We haven't put boots on the ground and that would be my main concern.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Title says it all.  Do you think we are being told the truth about what is going on, or are we being fed a steady diet of propaganda?

Poll is inbound like a GMLRS rocket.  Or a Kalibr missile if you swing that way.
View Quote
Everyone's lying and spinning about this war.

At this point, I don't trust *anyone.*
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#27]
"It's worth lying to stop the Russian bear before he takes over the world!"

"The lying is actually saving us money"
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Or we go broke which is what happened to them in Afghanistan. Not exactly the same but if Russia can bleed us for years, as this looks to be heading, then they may get their own Reagan moment. Or maybe they are just incompetent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO his original strategy was to fold Ukraine within a few weeks. Now he's stuck grinding it out, which he has a decent chance of still winning, especially if the Atlanticists quit supporting Ukraine.

If we keep feeding arms and supplies to Ukraine, and Ukraine is still willing to throw fighters into the fray, they may be able to keep going longer than Putin is willing or able to.

I am against the US primarily funding this war but we aren’t going to go broke before Russia.

This war is the perfect opportunity to step back and make Europe step forward for their own defense bu we aren’t doing that
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#29]
of course the gov is lying.

About what, is the question.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's intentional.

They weren't "warning" people about Russia.

They were giving them the green light. They wanted it to happen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree 1000%.  Nobody is that stupid. Our own actions are hurting the American people and helping Russia.  Why?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't believe anyone.
View Quote

That FPNI thing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is certainly fishy.

Why don’t we expand our domestic energy production to hurt Russia?

Why don’t we slow our spending on the war and make Europe pay their share?

We are certainly being manipulated.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#34]
No I do not.

However, there isn’t any government or media outlet extant that I trust any more than ours, either….
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Title says it all.  Do you think we are being told the truth about what is going on, or are we being fed a steady diet of propaganda?

Poll is inbound like a GMLRS rocket.  Or a Kalibr missile if you swing that way.
View Quote

no need for a poll, just go look and read at all the posts   simping hard for ukrops, especially veterans, pretty gross.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good point, we need to decide the definition of that.
View Quote

The definition of it and the reality of it are two very different things.  Kind of like Liberal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#38]
There is no self-determination. The west will demand certain concessions from Zelenskyy. People are wondering why they're looking at legalizing gay marriage in the middle of a war. Seems pretty ridiculous, right? Well that's (part of) the price of western aid. They'll also have to eventually implement a lot of the green nonsense as well.

The west is far less openly authoritarian, but "we" aren't supporting a Ukraine that is free to decide its own destiny either.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#39]
I assume the media and the US government isn't telling us the truth ever about anything.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love.
View Quote

She had some big ol boobies.

RIP to those giant cans.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#41]
They lie about everything, none of it is for a good cause.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I am 200% believe in Afcom that.....

Ukraine had been winning backward for last six months

just keep giving them money and weapon
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#43]
If you don’t think they are lying you need your head examined. Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#44]
I don’t believe the US Government or Media on just about anything.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Under Zero if he said the sky was blue I concluded that I should go outside and look for myself because if he said it he did so for a reason.
He was not one to waste his time and if he did something on camera he was on mission for someone to make money or gain power or just to destroy America.
things were not ready yet under Zero
Trump set them back
Now they rushing to get things done
What are they moving to is the question
Everybody has an opinion
Who is correct
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Ahhhhh the broken brains of gd
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Any logical person would know the narrative is being controlled when Russian web sites and media outlets started getting banned/blocked.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't really believe in anything the US government or the media says. I've lost faith in both.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#49]
People lie.

Sometimes they first tell themselves the lie, ignoring inconvenient facts, in order to justify their beliefs... Or because the actual facts take time and effort to understand.

Sometimes people lie to protect themselves from the consequences of their actions.

Sometimes they lie to get what they want.

And sometimes they lie just for the hell of it.

And things are usually very complicated when it comes to complex systems like international relationships. When you look back at pretty much any war in history you will see that the causes were much more complicated than the victors (or the defeated) want you to think. Very often there were no good guys, just different degrees of bad guys.

The Russo-Ukrainian war is no different.

You have the Russians lying like crazy in trying to justify the invasion. And then you have Ukraine trying to sweep Russia's legitimate grievances under the rug. You have Soros and the EU hoping everyone forgets the crap they pulled to overthrow the legitimate Ukrainian government. You have a bunch of American politicians hoping that their shady dealings don't become public knowledge... well, more public than they already are.

And then you have the people I see as victims. The Russian people who are having their sons killed in a stupid war. The Ukrainians who are having everyone killed, and their country torn up by this stupid war. The people in the third world who may starve as a result of this stupid war. And the Western taxpayers who are having to both fund this stupid war and pay higher prices due to the economic impacts.

Anyway, I don't trust any government, or any media to tell me the full and complete truth of anything.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#50]
The only voices I trust on the Uke-Russo war are youtubers Perun and Peter Zeiker.

Like a crap table, there are many different angles to play.

The Nationalist: Ukraine territorial sovereignty.  Russian forward defense strategy.  They need Uke territory as an invasion buffer.  The Peace of Westphalia stuff...

The Globalist: Use a Uke-Russo war to break Russia and carve up their national resources.  Globalmultinationals want to add russian minerals and energy they control.

Should the advise of Gen Smedley Butler be ignored?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top