Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Boomer lol. Monkey suits are going out of style.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No one wears that shit

People wear what’s comfortable, and it isn’t that crap. That crap is for try Hards and yes men
View Quote

Proves my point earlier.

My nice clothes are very comfortable.

After a day of off road and getting dirty, putting on a pressed shirt and sport coat is no different than wearing shorts and a tshirt.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm in construction.

I still own a nice suit and a few shirts to go with it.

What do you wear to weddings and funerals?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomer clothes.  I’m in construction and have no use for that shit.

I'm in construction.

Maybe he dresses as the construction guy from the Village People.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Church, weddings, funerals, whatever……It was always made clear to me growing up that it’s more important that you’re there than what you’re wearing.
View Quote

My line of thinking, is for any event like that, you should dress at least 1-2 levels above what you normally do.

If you wear slacks and a button up to work, wear a suit. If you wear dirty jeans and t shirts to work, slacks and a button up or at least a polo.

I'm not sure why I feel that way, but whenever I see someone that didn't even try to wear decent clothes to a funeral, I think they are pretty trashy.

I know hard working farmers that might wear clean cowboy boots, and ironed black jeans with a button up, and even though that's not a suit and tie, they made a big effort to look their best, and that to me says a lot about caring for whoever the event is for.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If I can't show up in jeans and a t-shirt, I'm not going.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you're one of those guys that wear your work clothes on your day off?

Quoted:
No one wears that shit

People wear what’s comfortable, and it isn’t that crap. That crap is for try Hards and yes men
View Quote

That's rich coming from turtleneck man
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have worked in Project Management around the world.  If I couldn't wear T-shirt and jeans I didn't need to go there.   I have been to some pretty uppity occasions in just that.  I will attend your funeral in that.  Anything more than that is a waste of money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Dress clothes" are one of the stupidest fashion holdovers ever conceived.  Ties should be made extinct and anyone wearing one should be shamed for being a costumed poofter.

Fuck all of that.
View Quote

I bet you're just grumpy because you don't look good in a suit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Because fuck that lol. Who wants to wear uncomfortable overly formal clothes when society no longer shuns you for not doing so?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No one wears that shit

People wear what's comfortable, and it isn't that crap. That crap is for try Hards and yes men
View Quote
people who think like you are usually just too poor to afford one or they put their priorities into drinking and smoking.

you go ahead and look like a bum and follow along with what everyone else is doing, while the media is convincing you to dress down to  street level to rid you of privilege

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm in construction.

View Quote

Dark pants and a nice turtleneck.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#12]
OP has a wife, and in-laws, but is having a wedding this week?

And what sport are you going to play in this jacket?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#13]
My wedding/funeral attire is khakis and button up shirt. Don't own a tie. I hated dressing up for church as a kid and stuck with me. If I ain't good enough to enter with my normal clothes then I don't want to go.

If they don't like it I'll leave and have a beer
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Proves my point earlier.

My nice clothes are very comfortable.

After a day of off road and getting dirty, putting on a pressed shirt and sport coat is no different than wearing shorts and a tshirt.
View Quote

On no planet is a sport coat and dress shirt as comfortable as basketball shorts and a t short
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Check western stores. Most have some decent looking blazers, if you just want the jacket and not a whole suit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So you're one of those guys that wear your work clothes on your day off?

That's rich coming from turtleneck man
View Quote

Yup and that’s as dressed up as I’ve been in long time

I don’t even own any ties, besides clip ons to wear to court for work
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

A fucking turtleneck?

Jesus H. Time Traveling Christ.  Do you find those at estate sales when elderly homosexuals leave this mortal coil?

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Do what makes you feel good. I have plenty of suits that I never wear.

I’m around people sporting probably 20k in clothes and shoes at any given moment. Jeans, Shirt and maaayyvbbeee a jacket for me

Fuck all that. I have no one to impress, I don’t give a shit what you think about me.

Outside of work t shirt shorts flip flops - see previous statement. If there is a dress code at a restaurant  I do the minimum required.

Walk lightly and carry a big stick my friends
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
@AKCory762

Where are you located?

I own a shop of strictly men's vintage clothing, from back when tailoring was great and commonplace, and I wear suits and nice clothing often. I'm in central Iowa l, if you're neaby you could swing by.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On no planet is a sport coat and dress shirt as comfortable as basketball shorts and a t short
View Quote

Don't shop at Wal-Mart, go get something custom tailored to you.

Or don't. I don't really give a shit.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Last suit I ever wore were Class A's in 1998.  

Never owned a regular suit and probably never will.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in construction.

The Ron Burgundy.....I'll allow it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
people who think like you are usually just too poor to afford one or they put their priorities into drinking and smoking.

you go ahead and look like a bum and follow along with what everyone else is doing, while the media is convincing you to dress down to  street level to rid you of privilege

View Quote

I can afford a suit. But why? To wear to a funeral or wedding where barely anyone wears a suit anymore?

I give 0 shits what people think about how I dress

The people who wear suits to work are generally the same ones who dump their kids off at daycare at 8am, go to work, pick the kids up at 6 pm and the kids are in bed at 8pm. Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had some time on my hands this afternoon so I took a ride to some stores to look at a new pair of brown leather shoes and maybe a new sport jacket.

My in-laws are coming in this week for my wedding and I figured a new jacket my be nice for dinner.

All the department stores are disgusting and a mess with fake leather garbage. Ok. I go to Jos a banks and they said the only have 1 style in stock.

All the other men’s shops had zero stock. Ugly plain sport coats. Like wtf happened, they decided to make garbage in China and now can’t get any stock......

View Quote

Going to Jos A Bank and expecting quality…….I think I have identified your problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Boy for a bunch of billionaires married to super models who turn your noses up at all mass produced food and beverages, any restaurant thats not 5 stars or some local place no one ever heard of, cars that cost under $ 100k you sure don't dress like it
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I went to a funeral of the mother of a local politician. Only the lawyers wore suits. There weren't even many men with sport coats on. Plenty of guys showed up in jeans. Plenty of them were "boomers"

View Quote

That is unbelievably classless.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A fucking turtleneck?

Jesus H. Time Traveling Christ.  Do you find those at estate sales when elderly homosexuals leave this mortal coil?

View Quote

Under armour
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Lots of guys are to insecure too dress nicely. It takes some confidence to do so. They also want to pretend how you dress doesn’t matter which of course is ridiculous to the point of being laughable. It’s a complete disconnect from reality.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Boy for a bunch of billionaires married to super models who turn your noses up at all mass produced food and beverages, any restaurant thats not 5 stars or some local place no one ever heard of, cars that cost under $ 100k you sure don't dress like it
View Quote

The only picture of Aimless in court that ever made it to GD:

Attachment Attached File

Sharp dresser.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A fucking turtleneck?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fucking turtleneck?

I nearly spit my damn drink out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I have two suits. One for weddings and one for funerals. Marry em and bury em clothes.

The rest of the time a dress shirt and pants is good enough for business meetings. Most of the time at work I’m in carhartts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't shop at Wal-Mart, go get something custom tailored to you.

Or don't. I don't really give a shit.

View Quote

Why though?

Everyone says “fOr wEdDiNgS anD FuNeRalS”

Has anyone in the history of ever been kicked out of a wedding or funeral for not wearing a suit?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to a funeral of the mother of a local politician. Only the lawyers wore suits. There weren't even many men with sport coats on. Plenty of guys showed up in jeans. Plenty of them were "boomers"

The last funeral I went to a guy showed up with jeans, dirty boots, and a leather vest over an old t shirt.

If you're going to dress like trash for a funeral....at least clean your boots.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lots of guys are to insecure too dress nicely. It takes some confidence to do so. They also want to pretend how you dress doesn’t matter which of course is ridiculous to the point of being laughable. It’s a complete disconnect from reality.
View Quote

Who does it matter to? And why does it matter?

Are my kids going to love me less if I simply don’t wear a suit to a funeral and everything else in life is the same?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I can afford a suit. But why? To wear to a funeral or wedding where barely anyone wears a suit anymore?

The people who wear suits to work are generally the same ones who dump their kids off at daycare at 8am, go to work, pick the kids up at 6 pm and the kids are in bed at 8pm. Fuck all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey if you wanna be average.  that's an awesome goal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#39]
OP - for what youre describing, covid has affected this. partly based on how people worked differently last year and partly based on the same supply chain bullshit that affects everything else.

i've gotten in the habit of mostly ordering online and getting stuff tailored. selection in stores is not what it used to be

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
hey if you wanna be average.  that's an awesome goal.
View Quote

I feel bad for the people so insecure with themselves they care about what others think about how they dress
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a mechanic,  I'm looking to make a move and I went to a job fair for FedEx last weekend. Tons of polo shirts,  jeans, women in yoga pants, even baggy t shirts. I was shocked, I wore some navy slacks with a white plaid shirt and black tie, I left my jacket in the car in case I was under dressed. I was not...

I work in a 100 degree shop most of the time in a t shirt with dickie pants and safety toe boots. When I actually sat down to interview with the shop managers, the first question was can you work in a non climate controlled warehouse or in vehicles with no A/C. They kinda smirked at me because of the clothes I was wearing. I think they thought I came from some type of office job. They want me to come for a second interview at the actual job location and they specifically told me not to dress up.  Said work pants or jeans with a polo will be just fine.

Another story I got about clothes, back in high school I worked as cashier at walgreens and we wore a tie, usually with a short sleeve dress shirt and the blue vest. A brand new jiffy lube shop was being built down the block and one day I saw the "hiring now" sign. So on my lunch break I go in there wearing the shirt and tie (i took off the vest) and spoke to the actual owner about a job.  This dude actually laughed in my face and said I look like I need a job somewhere in the air conditioning. I explained that I work down the street at Walgreens and I'm on my lunch break and wearing the clothes I'm required to at that job. Guy just gave me a blank stare looking at me like I had 2 heads.

I'm not going to change though, I wear my dress clothes whenever I get a chance, usually 1 or 2 times a year.

Tldr; I got more positive feedback from potential employers wearing dirty uniforms than I did with a tie on. I'm a lowly mechanic though so your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]
It can be tough finding even business casual right now, at least at physical locations. Best bet is to shop online. Khols still has a decent selection if you want something decent but not too expensive.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#43]
we need  to cross-reference the MGTOW dudes and the suit-less dudes and see if its the same people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m 32
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m 32

OP:

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I went to what's left of my mall. Chicks in sweat pants with fuckin gym socks pulled up over the bottoms. Lol what is that shit.
View Quote
I didn't know "malls" still existed to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I think it's getting just like "good" china and silverwear.  Almost no one uses the stuff any more.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I have come to the point were i hate ties, for any occasion.  I am not yet 40, but ties suck.  Not to mention, I live in TX.  No need to make you feel hotter by ringing your own neck.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I sure as fuck don't
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We’re all just walking around in 5.11s and Salomons now.

Classless fuckers.
View Quote

Jeans without holes and a nice polo?  What am I missing here?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top