Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No warnings, 1 lock. Cheaper Than Dirt posted asking what they could add to their catalog that people would enjoy.
I posted "integrity" - locked for a few hours by The Beekeeper.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the answer lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You only have that one warning. Boooooring.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any mods want to send me mine? I asked one time before and DK said I had a Warning in GD. I know I had a couple more but maybe they werent put down?

Curious about it. I know its been a couple of years ago. I dont really remember what I did.

Is this staff endorsing violating the CoC?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For what?  I know I had more than one email for something years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what?  I know I had more than one email for something years ago.

I've got 6 warnings and 2 bans.   You can have mine if you want to spice that account up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've got 6 warnings and 2 bans.   You can have mine if you want to spice that account up.
View Quote

Lol Im good. I skirted close to the fire a few times.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm afraid to ask for mine, and it won't make any difference anyway.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why does that surprise you? Bunch of different moderators, all with different personalities and such. Same thing happens in law enforcement. Until we come up with an AI, there's always going to be differences in how moderators enforce the CoC.
View Quote

So the COC is open to a different interpretation depending on who reads it??
And you don't think that pretty much guarantees friction and problems??

And then you have a bunch of cops interpreting and enforcing rules those same rules??

LOL indeed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And then you have a bunch of cops interpreting and enforcing rules those same rules??

LOL indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does that surprise you? Bunch of different moderators, all with different personalities and such. Same thing happens in law enforcement. Until we come up with an AI, there's always going to be differences in how moderators enforce the CoC.

LOL indeed.

If bans are reviewed what difference do warnings make, really?

There's leeway.  Ask me how I know.

If you are repeatedly receiving warnings for the same thing then you are wasting site resources.  

Nothing in life is moderated or adjudicated fairly.  Such is life and the human condition.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think i told someone who needed to go fuck himself to "go fuck yourself"  and that got me a warning.  

never been locked though.

edit:  

I lied.  Went back and reviewed my PM's.  Paul gave me a warning for telling someone who needed to fuck off to "fuck off"

I think thats my only warning.
View Quote

Mods, am I right?  Is that my only one?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes

Only a couple warnings

Fav is

"Reposted one of OP''s pics with a dick drawn over it."

In my defense it was a safe thread and op was full of shit

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We also try to make sure there is enough information preserved in the warning that other moderators/staff can judge for themselves whether they were justified, when considering whether a user's activity has escalated to the point of requesting a lock/ban.  If, say, you get frustrated and post personal attacks regularly, it's a lot different from someone who does it with years between offenses.  Also whether all of someone's warnings are from the same moderator or staff member.  On the other hand, if we look and the ban and warning list is a who's who of moderators and staff members, it might not bode well for the member in question ;-)  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL indeed.

If you are repeatedly receiving warnings for the same thing then you are wasting site resources.  

Nothing in life is moderated or adjudicated fairly.  Such is life and the human condition.

We also try to make sure there is enough information preserved in the warning that other moderators/staff can judge for themselves whether they were justified, when considering whether a user's activity has escalated to the point of requesting a lock/ban.  If, say, you get frustrated and post personal attacks regularly, it's a lot different from someone who does it with years between offenses.  Also whether all of someone's warnings are from the same moderator or staff member.  On the other hand, if we look and the ban and warning list is a who's who of moderators and staff members, it might not bode well for the member in question ;-)  

Doh!

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't think I have anything maybe a warning or 2.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
A bunch of funny ass comments evaluated by humorless people.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL indeed.

Can you tell me what my most current one says in the notes? When I asked how I broke the CoC, all the guy replied with was "You know what you were doing. You were stirring the pot."

Edit: I think it was the most recent one, anyway.

Edit 2: Nope. Not that one. PM replied to.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL indeed.

Cocaine Mitch was far more entertaining.

Another one lost behind some silly reasoning...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve been banned. I started an “is it gay” thread that maybe was a little too edgy. Not proud of it, ten years later

It took another member to help get my account back online bc the email that I started the account with, has died.

...I still need to fix that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#21]
COC not hard to follow
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
COC not hard to follow
View Quote

That depends on which mod is interpreting it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
On a related note, twice (both times on my phone) I've gotten messages asking me to confirm that I wanted to issue a Warning to someone. Apparently there's a glitch in the matrix that occasionally makes the Site think I'm a Moderator.

And no, I didn't click "Confirm" either time.
View Quote

Every time I got that I clicked “confirm” because IDGAF.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No warnings, 1 lock. Cheaper Than Dirt posted asking what they could add to their catalog that people would enjoy.
I posted "integrity" - locked for a few hours by The Beekeeper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Careful, NorCal is back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Nvmd, wrong quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL indeed.

yah ask any trial lawyer about a jury trial, and how juries go  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think at one point I held a minor record for warnings without getting banned.... since then I've found ways to not get warnings.
View Quote

Your avatar theft befits a ban. IMHO
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I need a copy of my transcripts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
2 warnings in the same thread for admonishing Qtards. Turns out I was right.
View Quote

If the guy that bet me ever pays up, I'll send you half.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#32]
One warning from an overzealous person who is anal retentive.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#33]
@deathhates who is actually Norcalleo has not banned me yet and won't tell me what is in my record. I assume it has something to do with that little demon Billy. Or maybe the hotel lounge chair he stole from me. I love that chair.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#34]
To my knowledge

I don't have one

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#35]
No clue. No bans and because of the way I browse ARFCOM zoomed in you can't see message alerts anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:56:56 AM EDT
[#36]
A few warnings and a 72h lock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think i told someone who needed to go fuck himself to "go fuck yourself"  and that got me a warning.  

never been locked though.

edit:  

I lied.  Went back and reviewed my PM's.  Paul gave me a warning for telling someone who needed to fuck off to "fuck off"

I think thats my only warning.
View Quote

LOL

I had similar.

Paul got after me for calling a fuckin troll a fuckin troll.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL indeed.

What?

And illegal shit is bannable imo.  Not sure if you noticed but that was GoDADDYS justification.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I’ve done some drunk posting and said some stupid stuff I’m sure but never got sanctions.
View Quote

Same. I did get a warning once.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Careful, NorCal is back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful, NorCal is back.

I'm 100% positive I've been vetted.  I even @him once in a thread.

Staff knows I'm not a retread.  Pretty sure they have my home address.  

Even if I had a previous account, my personality wouldn't allow me to sneak back in and pretend to be someone else.  Too much work for nothing really.  Not to mention my tech skills, I wouldn't know where to begin to change ips and all that shit.

Also, I'm not convinced Norcal is still around.  I think hes a joint account staff uses.  He drops in bans a few in one night then bails.  Happened twice recently. Adds to the mystique.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#41]
24 hour timeout for BOTD in GD back in 2009.  Is there a statute of limitations?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I’m guessing nothing, I’m pretty boring and I find more entertaining things to do when I’m drinking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@deathhates who is actually Norcalleo has not banned me yet and won't tell me what is in my record. I assume it has something to do with that little demon Billy. Or maybe the hotel lounge chair he stole from me. I love that chair.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think at one point I held a minor record for warnings without getting banned.... since then I've found ways to not get warnings.

I was sporting Mcguys avatar for awhile and didnt know it.  I tried to mess with him in a thread an posted his avatar.  I didnt understand the cache on my phone so all I ever saw was willy.

Finally he pmed me and was like wtf?  Shits getting old .  I'm like "what's getting old"

I got a warning for being a tard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#45]
1 warning
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
COC not hard to follow
View Quote

Its up to interpretation by mods/admin
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
COC not hard to follow

And 99.99% of people don’t have an issue
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#49]
A couple warnings for being mean to communist pieces of shit

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Only 1 warning from years ago.
I've been good.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top