[#2]
slouching towards Gomorrah
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
slouching towards Gomorrah
View Quote
If Sodom was known for Sodomy, what was Gomorrah known for?  And why haven't I seen any videos on the internet for it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
We are a nation of laws, and it is part of their honorable duty to uphold and enforce the laws. If you don't like the lies, democratic processes are put in place for voters to contact their legislators.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Only a matter of time before gun owners are forced to wear one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If Sodom was known for Sodomy, what was Gomorrah known for?  And why haven't I seen any videos on the internet for it?
View Quote
It's a bad translation of the Hebrew. The proper translation is gonorrhea.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
No, they were gestapo to begin with.

They have a choice.

Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Most cops are good people trying to do the right thing.

But there's always that ten percent...

And when the rubber meets the road, they are all the paid enforcers of our politicians, authorized and equipped to kill us if necessary.

So we should be apprehensive of laws that empower, oh, I don't know, maybe psycho exes to unleash the might of the state on our asses.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think gestapo is the right word but the line is getting blurry. I fully expect to be red flagged for this post.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Surely you should do something if you think the police are turning into Gestapo, right?

Or are you just going to continue to complain on the internet?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Creeping incrementalism is evil, no matter how it's named.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice try, officer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are a nation of laws, and it is part of their honorable duty to uphold and enforce the laws. If you don't like the lies, democratic processes are put in place for voters to contact their legislators.
View Quote
Username checks out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Problem is, the orders don't identify what the issues are. Cops generally deal with the shitbags of society, then they get sent after people who aren't but are described by the court as being dangerous like the scum officers are used to dealing with. I think these laws abuse their mindset and trust in the system. Just plain evil.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
And the other 90% normally won’t stop that 10%’s excesses because Muh Blue Tribe.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol, "this user's voicemail box is full. goodbye."
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
And when the processes are abused and fraudulent?
Shall not be infringed hasn't been struck from the constitution.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
What does it turn the dishonest cops in to?...
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Can we have red flag laws to stomp on other civil rights without due process, too?

Or just guns?

Hah, just kidding. I know they'll get around to the rest of our rights later.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And the other 90% normally won't stop that 10%'s excesses because Muh Blue Tribe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the other 90% normally won't stop that 10%'s excesses because Muh Blue Tribe.
Fraternal brothers. Give me five!... [high five slap]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sins of Sodom,Gomorrah and the other towns of the plain of the Jordan
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some laws are in direct conflict with the Constitution, to which they swore an oath to uphold.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess your oath to defend the constitution were just word right?   Pleas, whatever happens...go home safe cause that’s all the rally matters.   Just so you get yours.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm curious... do the people who support Red Flag Laws think it would be ok for the cops to come sack people up and throw them in jail for a few months without charges filed against them?  And then to get out of jail, the sacked up person has to prove that they're safe to be allowed to roam free?

Because that what red flag laws are to a certain degree.

That's what this line of thinking will eventually lead to.  A government that can violate any civil right that it wants to without just cause or recourse.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#27]
"...Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint..."
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Surely you should do something if you think the police are turning into Gestapo, right?

Or are you just going to continue to complain on the internet?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL

Honor of Duty could make for a cool video game where you play as Fed police taking down corrupt Government officials.  Fantasy i know, but i would pay $59.99 for it and all the season passes with DNC.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Everything the Nazis did was legal under German law at the time.

How bow dat?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Eventually red flags will fall under the heading of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" for LE...
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.forward.com/images/cropped/holocaust-gun-owner-patch-1516728814.png?

Only a matter of time before gun owners are forced to wear one.
View Quote
Nothing that gaudy.  Will be digitally tagged though.  Numbers and files in a system that can be looked up by the right people and Top Men.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nothing that gaudy.  Will be digitally tagged though.  Numbers and files in a system that can be looked up by the right people and Top Men.
View Quote
CHL
etc.
Ready to go
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Problem is, the orders don't identify what the issues are. Cops generally deal with the shitbags of society, then they get sent after people who aren't but are described by the court as being dangerous like the scum officers are used to dealing with. I think these laws abuse their mindset and trust in the system. Just plain evil.
View Quote
That is a good point, and makes some sense.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can we have red flag laws to stomp on other civil rights without due process, too?

Or just guns?

Hah, just kidding. I know they'll get around to the rest of our rights later.  
View Quote
Take the kids and books first, due process later...
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Get to the back of the bus!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#41]
The Gestapo are just doing their jobs. If you don't like the laws take it up with the German parliament but it is still no excuse for breaking the law.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#42]
gestapo is a bit of a stretch

but somewhere in that realm, yes
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#43]
That's a cool pic, is that funny looking thing attached to the fish, and is it supposed to lure in prey?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's some real bonehead thinking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Well, the Jews should have voted for politicians that don't see them as sub human"

Sounds quite foolish, right?

That's what you sound like. Pathetic really.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, it turns them into Gestapo.  And it puts both LEOs and civilians in danger in order to secure a political goal, not a law & order goal.  The motivations are also political rather than legal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
We will have do disagree on this.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh, definitely.

Some people would say that the lowest-level employees are absolved because they don't make policy, and the fault lies with those higher up.

But to me, those who would get their hands dirty enforcing the infringements are WORSE than their superiors.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top