Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've worked with and hired felons. Depending on the felony and job it's not a big deal anymore. Being management I saw personal files, somewhere around 5-10% of the employees I worked with had felony's or some other stuff I would consider serious crimes. Small shops sometimes like to hire felons because they can pay them a little less and treat them shittier = more profit.

One guy was in his 30's and had a felony from when he was 18 and got busted with a bag of weed over whatever limit made it a felony, he was selling enough to kids at school to get his own weed for free. I gave no fucks about that one and hired him because he knew his job and had zero arrests since that incident.

The only violent felony I know of was a guy in his 40's. When he was around 21 he got in a bar fight, put a couple guys in the hospital, and landed a 3 year sentence or whatever makes it an automatic felony. Dude had mellowed with age and was fine to be around.

There's a really good chance if you work a job with people, you've worked with felons and never knew it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always wondered how felons find work when they get out.

I've worked with and hired felons. Depending on the felony and job it's not a big deal anymore. Being management I saw personal files, somewhere around 5-10% of the employees I worked with had felony's or some other stuff I would consider serious crimes. Small shops sometimes like to hire felons because they can pay them a little less and treat them shittier = more profit.

One guy was in his 30's and had a felony from when he was 18 and got busted with a bag of weed over whatever limit made it a felony, he was selling enough to kids at school to get his own weed for free. I gave no fucks about that one and hired him because he knew his job and had zero arrests since that incident.

The only violent felony I know of was a guy in his 40's. When he was around 21 he got in a bar fight, put a couple guys in the hospital, and landed a 3 year sentence or whatever makes it an automatic felony. Dude had mellowed with age and was fine to be around.

There's a really good chance if you work a job with people, you've worked with felons and never knew it.

It would be a shame to acquire a felony if a person is just defending himself. I don't know if that is the case with him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I disagree in this case. Both are garbage people, but the ATF re-wrote their own laws and started threatening people’s lives. This isn’t siding with who you think would win, it was pure survival mode.

Would I have done it? Fuck no. But end of the day the unconstitutional and technically illegal process used by the ATF to intentionally destroy people’s lives is the problem here. Stuff like this will only get worse too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like RogueHKMP5 made their case for them, and rather than a pwan, is likely one level removed from the ATF as the cause of the owner's suicide.

Might want to rewatch The Patriot and see what happens when someone on your side sells you out to the Redcoats.  

The traitor is far worse than the known enemy.

I disagree in this case. Both are garbage people, but the ATF re-wrote their own laws and started threatening people’s lives. This isn’t siding with who you think would win, it was pure survival mode.

Would I have done it? Fuck no. But end of the day the unconstitutional and technically illegal process used by the ATF to intentionally destroy people’s lives is the problem here. Stuff like this will only get worse too.

The ATF doesn't make laws. I think they make regulations that stem from the laws congress makes. If it is shown the regulations go against the laws, the regulations will be struck down. This is important to note. I think if the fellow who committed suicide instead showed (or his lawyer showed) the regulation went against the law, he would have beat it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Inferred intent crimes are total bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ATFs current position is that the undrilled baffles and tube were supressor parts, because you intended to make them a supressor.....so they were always illegal

Inferred intent crimes are total bullshit

Welcome to the division of pre-crime.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Say what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They made "solvent traps, totally not silencers or anything" but then tested them as silencers and improved their designs. Did their own R&D to make them more efficient as silencers. Also had a bunch of full auto stuff, off form. Their tech support guy was in here last month bragging that he testified they were making silencers and thanks to him, solvent traps were considered silencer parts.

Say what?

You didn't see that? Seriously?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The ATF retroactively declared DM's products to be suppressors.
The ATF had the balls of Chris' employee in a vice (actual long term possession/usage of multiple untaxed MGs and suppressors), and tightened the screw while he sang the tune they provided the lyrics for.
So the court took notice of the employee saying undrilled baffles were suppressors and Chris knew they were suppressors, and none of that needed to be factually truthful as long as an informant said it in court, and ATF professional witnesses said the same thing.

Your IOI is there to help you, until Merrick Garland tells them their job is to fuck you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Customers, after getting approved form1s, redesigned the solvent traps(making them suppressors), made recommendations to DM. DM incorporated those recommendations into their solvent traps.

The tech guy had unregistered MGs and suppressors.

ETA Disclaimer: AFAIK. No info has been posted if DM had unregistered suppressors

Quoted:

The tech guy admitted on here to having a bunch of off book machine guns and suppressors.  He ratted to save his butt.

The ATF had the balls of Chris' employee in a vice (actual long term possession/usage of multiple untaxed MGs and suppressors), and tightened the screw while he sang the tune they provided the lyrics for.
So the court took notice of the employee saying undrilled baffles were suppressors and Chris knew they were suppressors, and none of that needed to be factually truthful as long as an informant said it in court, and ATF professional witnesses said the same thing.

Quoted:

Reading posts over time has given me the impression a lot on here don't like that agency.

My FFL does a lot of transfers. I asked if people from the above mentioned agency throw their weight around when doing whatever they do at the FFL. He said no.

Your IOI is there to help you, until Merrick Garland tells them their job is to fuck you.

@IOI

What is IOI?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The ATF clearly do not want a FRT or Solvent Trap case to be heard at court.

But its only a matter of time before they come across someone who owns either a FRT or solvent trap and is willing to pay for a lawyer or even defend himself.

Especially when you consider the huge numbers of people who based their purchases on letters provided by the ATF.

I wonder if they even have a SOP for IF when doing these visits, they encounter a guy saying "Its legal - prosecute me or go away".
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read the sentence would be up to 5 years. That means a little over 4 years to serve. I haven't heard of people offing themselves for that. Maybe I'm missing something.

Depending on industy and profession a felony conviction can also mean you are no longer employable.

Pretty heated thread.

Not that it's super important to know.

But there are a number of establishments that will hire felons.

Government employment services/offices have a list that is generally kept secret.  But it is usually of employers that will accept felons under certain circumstances.

Generally the easiest way to make it if you are a felon though is to do the same thing everyone here suggests anyway.

Start a business.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But its only a matter of time before they come across someone who owns either a FRT or solvent trap and is willing to pay for a lawyer or even defend himself.

Especially when you consider the huge numbers of people who based their purchases on letters provided by the ATF.

I wonder if they even have a SOP for IF when doing these visits, they encounter a guy saying "Its legal - prosecute me or go away".
View Quote

There has only been one solvent trap buyer case that I know of that really went anywhere.  The guy basically bought one off aliexpress, customs spotted it and got the ATF involved.  ATF picked him off when he picked it up at the post office.

Hard to tell how it all went down, but in the end the prosecutor just requested the judge dismiss the case because "continuing is not in the interests of justice".  It would be kind of funny if the guy just lawyered up and wasn't going away quietly and the ATF/DOJ decided to let it go and walk away.

Charging doc: https://ibb.co/TW3M5MH
Dismiss request: https://ibb.co/QcFyQLW
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There has only been one solvent trap buyer case that I know of that really went anywhere.  The guy basically bought one off aliexpress, customs spotted it and got the ATF involved.  ATF picked him off when he picked it up at the post office.

Hard to tell how it all went down, but in the end the prosecutor just requested the judge dismiss the case because "continuing is not in the interests of justice".  It would be kind of funny if the guy just lawyered up and wasn't going away quietly and the ATF/DOJ decided to let it go and walk away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Did he get to keep the item in question ?

Edit

If I were ever defending possession of a solvent trap I would ask -

1, What has changed since the ATF put out a letter saying solvent traps were legal ?
2, If it was not in the public interest to prosecute that case - why prosecute mine ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Interesting.

Edit

1, What has changed since the ATF put out a letter saying solvent traps were legal ?
2, If it was not in the public interest to prosecute that case - why prosecute mine ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Edit

No idea, those two docs are all I ever saw about the actual case.

Another interesting doc that ties into your first question.  It has the same case number on it as the above docs, so I guess it came out during some discovery process?  Not a lawyer so I could be way off.  But it looks like an ATF internal memo from 2017 that is made to show agents when solvent traps become silencers.  So apparently, at some point in 2017 the ATF changed their opinion on this stuff, but never told anyone... just kept the opinion tucked away until they started going after people.

https://ibb.co/0Z1jMJD
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@IOI

What is IOI?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Customers, after getting approved form1s, redesigned the solvent traps(making them suppressors), made recommendations to DM. DM incorporated those recommendations into their solvent traps.

The tech guy had unregistered MGs and suppressors.

ETA Disclaimer: AFAIK. No info has been posted if DM had unregistered suppressors

Quoted:

The tech guy admitted on here to having a bunch of off book machine guns and suppressors.  He ratted to save his butt.

Quoted:

Reading posts over time has given me the impression a lot on here don't like that agency.

My FFL does a lot of transfers. I asked if people from the above mentioned agency throw their weight around when doing whatever they do at the FFL. He said no.

@IOI

What is IOI?

@peacematu

IOI stands for "industry operations investigator". Basically a field agent for FFLs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a United States Attorney, your job is to make taking it to trial as expensive as possible, then drop all charges on the day the trial starts.
For bonus points, see to it the victim is charged with the same or equally bullshit crimes ASAP after dismissal.
The only vermin worse than a crooked FLEA is an average federal prosecutor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brent See

On probation for a 2014 conviction for possessing unregistered firearms after he sold an ATF undercover agent three kits that could be assembled to make a device used to diminish the report of a firearm

Then 2 years later...

was arrested 2016 after a probation officer visited his home and saw what were later determined by a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives expert to be three unregistered silencers. A resulting search warrant on See’s residence and business turned up what agents believed to be 196 silencers.

After a two-day trial before U.S. District Court Judge Donald C. Nugent, a unanimous jury decision cleared Brent See, 40, of East Palestine after just an hour of deliberation.

https://www.guns.com/news/2017/02/21/jury-clears-man-charged-with-making-illegal-silencers
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Brent See

On probation for a 2014 conviction for possessing unregistered firearms after he sold an ATF undercover agent three kits that could be assembled to make a device used to diminish the report of a firearm

Then 2 years later...

was arrested 2016 after a probation officer visited his home and saw what were later determined by a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives expert to be three unregistered silencers. A resulting search warrant on See’s residence and business turned up what agents believed to be 196 silencers.

After a two-day trial before U.S. District Court Judge Donald C. Nugent, a unanimous jury decision cleared Brent See, 40, of East Palestine after just an hour of deliberation.

https://www.guns.com/news/2017/02/21/jury-clears-man-charged-with-making-illegal-silencers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brent See

Then 2 years later...

Oh yeah, I forgot about him, the guy selling the monocore style muzzle brakes.

That case could be a decent example of how going to trial over a "its totally a silencer, because we are the ATF and say it is" would play out in front of a jury.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:50:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@AKFF

I'm pretty sure he was referring to audits or something like that, when they show up at his place of business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an incredible fucking waste.

Fuckheads at the ATF probably high-fived when they heard he killed himself, too.

Fucking slime.

@peacematu

He doesn’t deal with ATF agents in his FFL dealings. That’s not who handles that side of the house.

@AKFF

I'm pretty sure he was referring to audits or something like that, when they show up at his place of business.

@peacematu

You are missing my point.  The “ATF Agents” that take direct enforcement action, are not who an FFL typically deals with.  At least I never did.  The people who came to my place of business were essentially administrative staff that handle interviews, licensing, audits, etc.  At least, that’s all I ever dealt with for typical FFL stuff.  I did interact with agents on a single issue where they changed their opinion on some shotguns that they declared illegal.  They were tracking down two of them that I transferred.  They were incompetent.  I actually complained up the chain after the 4TH AGENT contacted me demanding THE SAME INFORMATION that I had provided three times before.  

It was ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you mean die of the elements in the wilderness?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn’t do time.  No way.  

Of course I wouldn’t suicide myself either.  Not in my DNA.  I would probably walk into the remote Alaska wilderness and never come back out.

Do you mean die of the elements in the wilderness?

@peacematu
Absolutely not.  I don’t have the suicide gene.  It’s just not a possibility for me.  

I’m saying I would rather take my chances deep in the mountains than in a jail cell.  I would be very comfortable walking out into the Alaska Mountains with just what I can carry.  I am confident in my ability to live off the land and survive.  Even thrive depending on some factors.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tech support guy must be proud
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They made "solvent traps, totally not silencers or anything" but then tested them as silencers and improved their designs. Did their own R&D to make them more efficient as silencers. Also had a bunch of full auto stuff, off form. Their tech support guy was in here last month bragging that he testified they were making silencers and thanks to him, solvent traps were considered silencer parts.

Tech support guy must be proud

He's a psychopath. He probably IS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#18]
The AFT claims yet another victim who committed a victimless crime that should've never been a crime to begin with. Thank you AFT, I feel so much safer already.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The AFT claims yet another victim who committed a victimless crime that should've never been a crime to begin with. Thank you AFT, I feel so much safer already.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F9e8ad8d73ba6f13ab9e19660f76ea60a%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D14266608&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote

Is that the person in question?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is that the person in question?
View Quote

No, but it might as well have been.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I wasn't bragging!!  CHRIS WAS A FRIEND!  Folks like to play the blame game when they don't properly use reading comprehension.    I was FORCED to do what I did and I ALSO almost killed myself before sentencing too.  I was in my garage with a noose around my neck but I kept thinking about my wife and children.

Quoted:

This I won't say anything about the @%$#&% employee that was bragging about his testifying
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wasn't bragging!!  CHRIS WAS A FRIEND!  Folks like to play the blame game when they don't properly use reading comprehension.    I was FORCED to do what I did and I ALSO almost killed myself before sentencing too.  I was in my garage with a noose around my neck but I kept thinking about my wife and children.

View Quote

Who forced you to make illegal machine guns and get caught with them?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#23]
THIS dog pile on me and side line QBing..  if you gotta a problem with me show up and let's go toe to toe and eye to eye.   I did everything I could do before being advised by council on how to proceed.  I sure wouldn't of come forward on ar15.com if I had felt I didn't try.  I guess Chris and I both should just of died for the cause.     This was the most horrifying thing I've ever been involved in..

I WORKED for 3 months!!  remotely .. for this job and was friends with Chris.  We spoke every day.   Neither of us thought what was going on would be intent.  The government thought other wise and used EXTREME PRESSURES to twist our arms to get us to testify and to a plea agreement.    

"NOW YOU KNOW THESE ARE SILENCERS RIGHT"     "YOU'll SAY THIS ON THE STAND RIGHT''   COME ON YOU KNOW RIGHT

gets worse from there ..  

My son has fucking night terrors because of these ass fucks.   I made mistakes I am owning them.  That's why I even fucking posted and I sure wasn't bragging.    I was having a hard time with it.  Then I had to try and defend myself on an this forum.   I'm so tired we aren't all with each other as a team here.   Constitutionally   Chris and I DID NOTHING WRONG.

Quoted:
Is this the member that posted a thread a few weeks ago and got pig-piled and shit on?

Edit.
I guess that was the CS guy that help get others and himself get hooked up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#24]
PS..  WE WERE BOTH THREATENED WITH LIFE SENTENCING!   MY ATTORNEY SAID I HAD MY LIFE SAVED BY THE WAY THINGS WENT.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who forced you to make illegal machine guns and get caught with them?
View Quote

Wait......

So, all laws are Constitutional in regards to the 2nd. We love Reagan and signing the ban on newly manufactured MGs. We love the NFA. So, we must hate him.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Didn't he brag/claim he has a bunch of unregistered guns and part of his agreement/rolling over give him a get out of jail free card.  

His screen name was what one of his unregistered MGs is.
View Quote

The dumbass took a Federal public defender that rolled on him too.

Should’ve petitioned for better council.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#27]
What a shitshow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What a shitshow.
View Quote

That's an understatement
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#29]
The dumbass had TWO ATTORNEY's that were his family members.  The dumbass was advised to get a PD as a public one and use the personal ones for free.  This strategy kept this dumbass from a life sentance.

Quoted:

The dumbass took a Federal public defender that rolled on him too.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wait......

So, all laws are Constitutional in regards to the 2nd. We love Reagan and signing the ban on newly manufactured MGs. We love the NFA. So, we must hate him.

View Quote

Reagan was a Democrat actor that got elected as a Republican. He banned open carry in CA (Mulford Act), signed Hughes, and wrote a letter in support of the AWB. Economic and foreign policies aside he was not a very pro-gun politician outside of celebrating some jingoistic tropes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The dumbass had TWO ATTORNEY's that were his family members.  The dumbass was advised to get a PD as a public one and use the personal ones for free.  This strategy kept this dumbass from a life sentance.

View Quote

Have you ever met anyone sentenced to life for NFA violations?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This I won't say anything about the @%$#&% employee that was bragging about his testifying

Warning sent COC 6 & 7 - AJE
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
THIS dog pile on me and side line QBing..  if you gotta a problem with me show up and let's go toe to toe and eye to eye.   I did everything I could do before being advised by council on how to proceed.  I sure wouldn't of come forward on ar15.com if I had felt I didn't try.  I guess Chris and I both should just of died for the cause.     This was the most horrifying thing I've ever been involved in..

I WORKED for 3 months!!  remotely .. for this job and was friends with Chris.  We spoke every day.   Neither of us thought what was going on would be intent.  The government thought other wise and used EXTREME PRESSURES to twist our arms to get us to testify and to a plea agreement.    

"NOW YOU KNOW THESE ARE SILENCERS RIGHT"     "YOU'll SAY THIS ON THE STAND RIGHT''   COME ON YOU KNOW RIGHT

gets worse from there ..  

My son has fucking night terrors because of these ass fucks.   I made mistakes I am owning them.  That's why I even fucking posted and I sure wasn't bragging.    I was having a hard time with it.  Then I had to try and defend myself on an this forum.   I'm so tired we aren't all with each other as a team here.   Constitutionally   Chris and I DID NOTHING WRONG.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

gets worse from there ..  

Quoted:
Is this the member that posted a thread a few weeks ago and got pig-piled and shit on?

Edit.
I guess that was the CS guy that help get others and himself get hooked up.

I know first hand how they operate. That’s a lot of words to say you wanted to be a Patriot until it was time to do Patriot  shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
PS..  WE WERE BOTH THREATENED WITH LIFE SENTENCING!   MY ATTORNEY SAID I HAD MY LIFE SAVED BY THE WAY THINGS WENT.
View Quote

Ok
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm just kinda curious now how they got to a life sentence with federal sentencing guidelines. Do you have prior convictions or something? Was it something like 250 months that was "effectively a life sentence"?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#36]
If you use all caps to show how serious you are, it must be true.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm just kinda curious now how they got to a life sentence with federal sentencing guidelines. Do you have prior convictions or something? Was it something like 250 months that was "effectively a life sentence"?
View Quote

He said something earlier about getting charged for each can I think.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Typical arftards posting. No wonder this site is the laughing stock of the gun world.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you watched any Federal prosecutions? The government doesn’t like to lose and their PD’s help that process rather than fight it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He said something earlier about getting charged for each can I think.
View Quote

The objects that were not cans until he gave a statement that they were?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's your problem, well one of many but you weren't "forced" to do anything. You made a series of bad decisions and chose the path that lead to the best outcome for YOU.

Did Chris have a family?

I don't believe this would of played out the way it did or gone as far if other "violations" such as machine guns or SBR's hadn't been found with the initial "solvent trap" investigation.
Granted it should of never been an issue in the first place.
Reguardless what "intent" was I don't see how it's possible to charge someone for manufacturing a suppressor when there wasn't any possible way a bullet could pass through it as is.
A shovel without the end is just a stick. Wouldn't get very far digging a hole with a stick no matter how much I intended it to be a shovel.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#42]
The AFT is a cancer
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Typical arftards posting. No wonder this site is the laughing stock of the gun world.
View Quote

Yet, here you are with over 7k posts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

But the other guy only got a few years, did he not? Wouldn't your lawyer tell you that life sentence threat was a bluff?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Have you ever met anyone sentenced to life for NFA violations?
View Quote

I have never heard of that. They were just trying to scare them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#46]
It’s a shame when somebody commits suicide rather than facing serious prison time over what is essentially a tax crime (at worst).

Meanwhile, looting, arson, assault, rape and murder goes unpunished in the major cities. They catch the dirtbags, they just let them go almost immediately

“Justice”

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It’s a shame when somebody commits suicide rather than facing serious prison time over what is essentially a tax crime (at worst).

Meanwhile, looting, arson, assault, rape and murder goes unpunished in the major cities. They catch the dirtbags, they just let them go almost immediately

“Justice”

View Quote

The hypocrisy is insane.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I would of been charged with 1000's of silencers and parts.   over 5000 of them.  it wasn't a bluff.   I was convicted of 7 of them out of the 5000.

Quoted:

But the other guy only got a few years, did he not? Wouldn't your lawyer tell you that life sentence threat was a bluff?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I read the sentence would be up to 5 years. That means a little over 4 years to serve. I haven't heard of people offing themselves for that. Maybe I'm missing something.
View Quote

My old mechanic offed himself over a One year + one day sentence.  Did himself in out in the shop before his 3 employees arrived for the day.  Left behind a wife and kids. Didn't make sense to anyone but him.  I'm guessing the shop was all wrapped up with who he was in his head, his whole identity.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What a shitshow.
View Quote

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top