Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2018 11:05:01 AM EDT
Looking at purchasing a dive computer for recreational diving.

So far I like the AuqaLung i300C for a wrist computer.

Any one own or have dived with one?

Lots of reviews for the i300 but not many on the i300C,
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The only issue I have with my wrist-mounted computer is that A) I also wear a dive watch, so now I'm two-watch-wristed (which feels a bit odd) and B) my aging eyes have trouble reading the relatively small display.

I can't speak to the i300C, per se, as mine's an Oceanic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just cough up the $$$ and get a Shearwater - Perdix or Teric.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel old now.  I'm rocking "vintage" Suunto's (Gekko/Vyper and a integrated console I forget the name of)
View Quote
Its been a lifetime sense I have dove

..  I used a Cochran Nemesis II a as my primary.

Orca Ean as a back up..

I think Atari was king then also..
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just cough up the $$$ and get a Shearwater - Perdix or Teric.
View Quote
I'm a recreational diver just starting out.

Not wanting to spend that much money.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looking at purchasing a dive computer for recreational diving.

So far I like the AuqaLung i300C for a wrist computer.

Any one own or have dived with one?

Lots of reviews for the i300 but not many on the i300C,
View Quote
Have you seen this SB thread?

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/i300-verses-i300c.566141/
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have you seen this SB thread?

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/i300-verses-i300c.566141/
View Quote
No I had not thank you Marie!
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think the average recreational diver will ever need a mixed gas computer.
anything that does EAN and Air should cover everything.
View Quote
Excellent display and ease of use. I know lots of average rec divers that have Shearwaters.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
@markmars

The i300C has bluetooth capability which the i300 did not have. I can tell you bluetooth is very nice to have. I had an Oceanic Geo 2.0 for my first computer. It also required a $100 cable to download my dives. The Perdix I now have has bluetooth. I just bluetooth dives to my iPhone, then sync.

I don't know how the DiverLog software they talk about is, but I use MacDive (I run all Apple products), which supports a huge number of dive computers. There are both iPhone and desktop version. I love having my log right on my phone. I still keep a minimal paper log (for notes of thing like weighting with different exposure protection, etc.), but the electronic logs are the way many people are going now. You can input notes right into the software.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm a recreational diver just starting out.

Not wanting to spend that much money.
View Quote
Tip: use Leisurepro's price match option.

I purchased a Mares Quad for $196 shipped using this feature.
I picked it for its large display and other options.
Can be upgraded for he if that's your thing.  Hard to beat a dc with this many features at that price.
They stock quite a few brands.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@markmars

The i300C has bluetooth capability which the i300 did not have. I can tell you bluetooth is very nice to have. I had an Oceanic Geo 2.0 for my first computer. It also required a $100 cable to download my dives. The Perdix I now have has bluetooth. I just bluetooth dives to my iPhone, then sync.

I don't know how the DiverLog software they talk about is, but I use MacDive (I run all Apple products), which supports a huge number of dive computers. There are both iPhone and desktop version. I love having my log right on my phone. I still keep a minimal paper log (for notes of thing like weighting with different exposure protection, etc.), but the electronic logs are the way many people are going now. You can input notes right into the software.
View Quote
Thanks again Marie, the Bluetooth is what started me looking at the i300C to start with. I have the diverlog on my phone and will play with it and make a decision.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I went with the i200. Does everything I want & looks like a regular watch so I usually end up wearing it all day on Dive days
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ok, I can see now buying a mixed gas computer, if you're getting other features that warrant the cost.

but to just spend the extra money because it's got mixed gas capabilities, and you're not going to do tech diving, is wasting money.
View Quote
The average rec computer doesn’t have a display like Shearwater. You often have to hit another button to activate backlight on my original Geo. I’m sometimes diving in 10ft viz even on the Great Lakes. To be able to see my computer, without having to hit another button - priceless!

Plus Shearwaters are so much easier to use than probably just about every other computer out there. Manual is straightforward. Geo was so bad I had to do an online class to figure it out.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ok, I can see now buying a mixed gas computer, if you're getting other features that warrant the cost.

but to just spend the extra money because it's got mixed gas capabilities, and you're not going to do tech diving, is wasting money.
View Quote
The i300C was the least expensive dive computer I found with Bluetooth. I do have my Enriched Air certification so I might use the mixed gas capabilities.

But the main selling point for me was the Bluetooth,
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top