Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2021 5:44:08 PM EDT
I am new to Bourbon (whiskey) and Scotch (whisky) collecting and I am running out of room. For any bottle that comes in a box or container, I display them that way. If I would take them out of the boxes I could fit many more bottles on my cabinet. Should I just display the bottles and keep the boxes, display the bottles and throw away the boxes, or display them in their boxes?

I don't have anything real expensive. The most expensive would be Booker's, Johnnie Blue, or Glenmorangie 18. What's your opinions on the matter?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I display just the bottles.  Having said that, if I had any more very rare bottles that came in boxes, I'd save the box and/or bag.  If you ever intend to sell a rare bottle, having the box/bag would be a plus.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
No boxes. My liquor guy makes a big deal out of matching the Booker's box with the bottle but I just throw the boxes out and drink the bottle. I really don't have any that are for display only.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
disagree if u dont expect to drink them short term and they are valued in the thousands a buyer/collector wants the box

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
FIFO.

If single bottle, no box. If I have multiples, the front bottle is naked, the extras are in bags/boxes as they come.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FIFO.

If single bottle, no box. If I have multiples, the front bottle is naked, the extras are in bags/boxes as they come.
View Quote

This kinda.

I store all my bottles in a dark cabinet, but if I didn’t they’d be in boxes to avoid sunlight
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I trash all my boxes if they come with one.  Anything I buy is for consumption and not re sale.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Only boxes I have are for storage until we can drink them.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top