Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 1:21:54 PM EDT
With Our Chins Up! (Part 1)

...[I]n a special display case lay a harmless-looking wedge-shaped tool that had clearly been used more than the others and carried the highest price of them all.

When asked what it was, the evil one proudly replied that the wedge was discouragement, and then went on to say why it was priced so high: “It is more useful to me than any other,” said the devil. “With it, I can pry open and get inside a man’s soul when everything else fails. But once inside, I can use him in whatever way I wish, and the tools I could not get to work on the outside suddenly begin to work, and work quite well. The thing is so worn because I use it on nearly everybody, since very few people realize that it belongs to me.”
View Quote

With Our Chins Up! (Part 2)

By taking a low place in the temple, the publican shows that he is completely dependent on God for everything, that he considers nothing as an entitlement, and that his sole hope and strength must always be placed in God, trusting in His ways, which will utilize various circumstances for the greatest accomplishment of good.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
With Our Chins Up!  (Part 3)

Like Magdalene, like the publican, once our hope is rooted firmly in God, the discouragement we encounter in our pursuit can never take root and we avoid its disastrous effects, remaining conscious always of God’s pull and tug, and that we never stand alone unless we do not want to look. May all our prayers imitate in spirit the prayer of this blessed publican, and we will be assured the eternal glory God promises to those who persevere.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
When we are discouraged, it is because we have to some extent lost track of the big picture.  In the big picture The Lord who has created all things for his purpose, governs the universe toward it's inexorable conclusion.  His will, his purpose, and our place, either walking with him or against him, is sure.  If we look to him, and walk humbly with him along his plan, allowing him to fill us and not trying to fill ourselves, we can find contentment no matter where we are.  

Remember then we find we are discouraged, that we must look again to The Lord, and look for the path ever forward we should next step upon, and move forward with him along his path.  In his path is fullfillment in all things.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for this. i was a bit down and this helped. I also wanted to I am sorry for my sins and thank you for listening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top