Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2022 7:10:20 AM EDT
Last night a beautiful young lady brought her retinue of attendants to our house for dinner.  I made discada in my Firedisc and the six diners put away 14 tortillas full of meat and veggies goodness, plus we sent home two quart Ziplocs of leftovers with them.

Taters
Attachment Attached File

Bacon
Attachment Attached File

Angus beef franks
Attachment Attached File

Chorizo
Attachment Attached File

Pork seasoned with adobo con limon
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Chuck steak - pre-seared on charcoal grill and chilled before slicing
(only in the Firedisc for a minute, so no action shot on this one)
Attachment Attached File

Onions
Attachment Attached File

Garlic & shallots
Attachment Attached File

Poblanos
Attachment Attached File

Peppers
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Chopped plum tomatoes
Attachment Attached File

Add the meat back in
Attachment Attached File

Tomato juice, Mexican Coke, and beer
Attachment Attached File

Bury a few jalapenos in the middle
Attachment Attached File

Scoop out most of the goodies, simmer til the remaining juice is thickened a bit
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Transfer to Dutch oven, crispy taters on top
Attachment Attached File

Tortillas on the comal
Attachment Attached File

Serve it up!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
And yes, I know the rules.

Last night a beautiful young lady brought her retinue of attendants to our house for dinner.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
WOK'in for the win!

Congrats on the grand
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the stuff I get from our local Mexican joints (Lalo's, La Chatina and El Tapatio)....
I'd put away a good 5 or 6 tortillas of that in a heart beat and gladly take the rest for leftovers for several days lunches....

What do you season with???

I can cook (fry or grill) the meats and veggies as well as anyone, but I think the magic is in the seasonings...

Last night 9 of us (blended family) went out for Mexican and one of my usual dishes was good, but fairly bland as compared to most of the time.  
I noted to one of our dinner guests that there most be a different cook tonight as everything tasted OK, just lacking as if there was a "Flavor Knob" and it had been turned way down.  It seems some nights the knob is on full tilt, some nights its down pretty low. Always good though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What do you season with???

View Quote

That's the beauty of it - very little seasonings, if any, need to be added.

Bacon adds salt, chorizo adds paprika/cumin/chile and some additional flavors, the pork was rubbed with Tajin con limon (see below), and the pre-seared chuck was rubbed with Montreal steak seasoning before it hit the charcoal grill.

A splash of tomato juice, half a Mexican Coke, and half a beer provided the juicy goodness.

Other than that, you could add some black pepper and cumin if you wish, but I didn't need to.

We did top it with chopped cilantro.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats on the grand
View Quote

Thank you!  She's a real cutie.  My dawg was somewhat curious at first about the squeaks she was making, but then he got super-sniffy interested when she blew a few milk farts in his face.  ??
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#9]
double-tap ??
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Damn- that looks fantastic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top