Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2018 9:43:27 PM EDT
I bought a two pack of these long needle nose pliers for $12 minus 20%. Sucked to find out they hid the handle extension welds but they turned out OK and hold quarter inch flat bar great. On the right are a smaller pair that was $4 and they would look a hell of a lot better if they weren't my first try.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The welded Raines suck but they do what i asked. 2 feet of quarter by 1 and it holds
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat.  My FIL has been into this for about a year now and it turns out he has some real talent.  His home made forges are incredible.  The guy doesn't YouTube.  Hhe just comes up with this stuff on his own and it's incredible.  Wish I had the smarts and skills to do what he does.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to pick up a couple of these and give it a go.  My metal working skill is pretty bad, so maybe I should get extras.    I'll call it practice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Try building a set of tongs. I built my first pair and they actually work pretty darn well
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try building a set of tongs. I built my first pair and they actually work pretty darn well
View Quote
I bought some rebar today to do just that. These were a training wheels project and they work great.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a pair of the super long HF needle nose vize grips.  They have the benefit of being adjustable. I ground out the teeth smooth.

The “grinder in a box” guy sells really cheap tong cut outs that you can grind the jaws to shape for the size youvwant and then put them together by peening them together w a pin.

If tou have an anvil and all that it is probably east to make them but for stock removal guys who do their own HT what I listed above are the cheapest way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top