Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

dtv claims newsmax is upping their fee.
newsmax says thats a lie.
whos really knows.  all i know is im pissed now.  I preferred OAN to NM so when DTV cut OAN last year I begrudgingly moved to NM, and now this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Context would be important before we go crazy here lol. Channels get cut all the time for contractual reasons.

dtv claims newsmax is upping their fee.
newsmax says thats a lie.
whos really knows.  all i know is im pissed now.  I preferred OAN to NM so when DTV cut OAN last year I begrudgingly moved to NM, and now this.

Me too. I have discovered that PlutoTV streams OAN and PlutoTV is free!
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Killed DirecTV several years ago.  We now watch various streaming services for maybe 1/3 the price.  

No regerts.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had Direct TV.

Never missed it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditched Directv about 18 months ago.  AT&T is the worst fucking company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, and I finally got sick of the BS and cut them out of my life.

No Ragrets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
ATT, Uverse, Dish Network have lost 10 million subscribers since 2021.
Our last day with them is this Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I ditched DirectV a few years back when the bill got stupidly big.
When we moved into our new house we got fiber and now stream everything. Not only is it cheaper but not having a dish on the house or having to deal with Ramash Deepsand if something breaks is icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#7]
wtf directv has replaced ch 349 where newsmax was with some channel called "the first"
bill oreilley is on there now

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/directv-to-add-conservative-appeal-commentary-channel-the-first-to-directv-directv-stream-and-u-verse-301731722.html

this is not at all what I wanted.  I could watch fox news if I wanted that bs.

anyhow for the dtv stream users, I was able to install newsmax app onto my stream boxes.  It didnt want to at first but a reboot made it able to be installed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
DTV pays more money to other cable news stations that have lower ratings according to Newsmax
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The fact that they've already replaced Newsmax on that channel makes it unlikely that this will be resolved.

This will likely be the final straw for us, after being with DirecTV for more than 20 years. And to really rub my nose in it, our bill was actually higher this month for no reason.

No streaming available to us because of slow data connections, so we'll likely be going back to looking at the radio, either more AM, or possibly satellite radio.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The other news channels have sigificantly higher viewership
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Newsmax was demanding more money for the rights to their chann, so  Direct TV was like bye

Free market gonna free market

They pay significantly more to the other news channels than what NM was bargaining for.

The other news channels have sigificantly higher viewership

NM is rated #4. Pretty sure that's higher than others that DT is keeping.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Anything new on this? Guessing there will be no reversal since they've already assigned that channel to that silly podcast shit that is clearly only lipstick on a pig to try to pacify conservatives. I'm paid up through this week, but will go through with cancelling if there's no reversal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Even if they do I am done with them. I have just been looking for an excuse to dump them, and here it is.

First they dumped OAN, and now Newsmax. I don't agree with everything Newsmax does, but at least they are a somewhat conservative voice.

And rumor is they are thinking of dumping Fox News.

All the woke BS they are showing now is horrible. And now even when you pause a show, you have to watch their ads about drag shows and shit.

Like I said....fuck em/ That's $110 a month they will no longer have.

My Tablo now records 90% of what the wife watches for free anyway. That and the 6.95/mo. for Discovery plus keeps her happy.

Some of our Congresscritters are pissed too.

Link
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This. I have a method of getting tv that would make GD REEEE
View Quote

Sneaky cable through the flowerbed to next door?
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#15]
There are liberal groups that join together to form "grassroots" campaigns to shape and change television.

I worked at military broadcasting for +20 years and saw more than one campaign. Rush Limbaugh was the target of most of them but they'd attack other shows too. The Public Affairs people weren't stupid so when ten or twenty times the numbers of emails start pouring in we know there's an organized effort by some group. Oddly enough I never saw one from a church group or group I could say was conservative. I tried to rally just five military members here to write in complaining about some liberal show we could have gotten rid of but not one AR15.com member wrote an email. So the gay liberal TV show remained on military broadcasting.

It could have been removed but too much work.

The black gay man and black gay woman who decide what TV shows the military members get to watch don't get ANY negative feedback at all.

Kids got better things to do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:I greatly prefer the Roku interface vs amazons fire sticks.

Just my opinion for anyone starting out cutting cable
View Quote
Avoid the Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There are liberal groups that join together to form "grassroots" campaigns to shape and change television.

I worked at military broadcasting for +20 years and saw more than one campaign. Rush Limbaugh was the target of most of them but they'd attack other shows too. The Public Affairs people weren't stupid so when ten or twenty times the numbers of emails start pouring in we know there's an organized effort by some group. Oddly enough I never saw one from a church group or group I could say was conservative. I tried to rally just five military members here to write in complaining about some liberal show we could have gotten rid of but not one AR15.com member wrote an email. So the gay liberal TV show remained on military broadcasting.

It could have been removed but too much work.

The black gay man and black gay woman who decide what TV shows the military members get to watch don't get ANY negative feedback at all.

Kids got better things to do.
View Quote

Getting the right together on anything is near impossible, and when you do, the government is probably involved trying to entrap them.

The left fight for their ideals with a religious fervor, because that is their religion.

Now they control nearly everything and are destroying anything you care about piece by piece, and it's still impossible to get the right to do anything about it. Shit, our own elected leaders usually concede to the left against their own constituents most of the time. I like how it was revealed to the whole world how the FBI was working with private corporations to censor the right, and do everything they could to help the democrats in their elections, and half of our "leaders" still voted to give them a massive shiny new building and expand their Jan 6th persecutions.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Newsmax was demanding more money for the rights to their chann, so  Direct TV was like bye

Free market gonna free market
View Quote

^THIS

Newsmax didn't charge Direct TV to carry the network in prior years. They decided to charge a fee starting this year.

Direct TV replied that it wasn't economically feasible to get charged to carry the network when it was available free on their own website and on YouTube.

With 103,000 average viewers per day, Direct TV didn't think they would be able to pass the cost along to customers when they had two free options available to them.

Newsmax paints this as a suppression of free speech, but it's no more than an economic decision.

Many don't know this, but AT&T exec's actually grub staked the OAN network when it was created, so AT&T is far from a "woke" leftist company.

This is pure economics.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Get it on the Firestick no problem.  We cancelled DISH 3 years ago.  Don't need them or Direct.
View Quote

Same.   Had Dish for 8 years, and finally dumped them a couple years back.   Haven't missed it one single bit.

No way I'm going back to cable/sat tv... just not even close to worth it.  200+ channels, sure, but maybe 4 channels I'd EVER watch.  

Roku/firesticks in my house.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Make sure you mail the dish back to their corporate office in a box that is taped really shitty
View Quote

I still have a dish on my antenna tower from years ago

wife told them if they want it back send somebody out, 'cause I ain't climbing up there
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top