@jackrebney you a pst member?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bondryan:
Originally Posted By JackRebney:
https://i.imgur.com/g2I0PHG.png

I had to google that, I assume you mean Puget Sound Trialers? No, I'm not in the Puget Sound area nor am I a traditional "trials rider". My main riding interest is really technical trails and I don't like wrestling pig heavy bikes all day.

ETA: I see you have a Beta 4 stroke, how do you like it? I'm strongly considering one with the seat/tank kit, I imagine it would sip fuel and take me waaay out into the middle of nowhere. My bike drinks fuel compared to my dad's, we have the same exact bikes, Monday we did a 19 mile loop, at mile 16 I was able to dump in nearly an entire tank (.80 of .85 gallons) worth of fuel that I carry in my pack, my dad completed the whole 19 miles without hitting reserve (whole tank capacity is .85 gallons and the reserve is .15 gallons of that), and both of us were just putting along the entire day, any time we stopped we shut off the bikes, no idling, ect. My carb needle is on the deepest/leanest setting and the carb jet is at the low end of what it's supposed to have, but my plug is pretty black, so I finally ordered a jet kit to see if I can finally fix this. I love the way the 2 stroke runs, but I'm sick of my lousy fuel range.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondryan] [#4]

I had to google that, I assume you mean Puget Sound Trialers? No, I'm not in the Puget Sound area nor am I a traditional "trials rider". My main riding interest is really technical trails and I don't like wrestling pig heavy bikes all day.

ETA: I see you have a Beta 4 stroke, how do you like it? I'm strongly considering one with the seat/tank kit, I imagine it would sip fuel and take me waaay out into the middle of nowhere. My bike drinks fuel compared to my dad's, we have the same exact bikes, Monday we did a 19 mile loop, at mile 16 I was able to dump in nearly an entire tank (.80 of .85 gallons) worth of fuel that I carry in my pack, my dad completed the whole 19 miles without hitting reserve (whole tank capacity is .85 gallons and the reserve is .15 gallons of that), and both of us were just putting along the entire day, any time we stopped we shut off the bikes, no idling, ect. My carb needle is on the deepest/leanest setting and the carb jet is at the low end of what it's supposed to have, but my plug is pretty black, so I finally ordered a jet kit to see if I can finally fix this. I love the way the 2 stroke runs, but I'm sick of my lousy fuel range.
View All Quotes

I do a local 12 mile loop on my bike of flowy some tech stuff on my evo and have gas to spare. I can normally ride a whole event on a tank as well.

4 stroke is smooth and torquey, I am eying a new gas gas 280 next year however.

Local lady in the gorge has a montesa with the seat/tank for sale right now. I can say that the bike hasn’t been best but it’s been ridden some.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

2019 CRF250L
I haven’t ridden it a lot, or off road at all, but I like it. Basically I’m a noob and this is my first bike. I putted around on a dirt bike some as a kid but that was 20 years ago. Bought it just over a year ago with less than 1,800 miles on it. Spent a little more than I wanted to ($4,700) but it was what I wanted, no mods except for the luggage rack and low miles. Came with a decent aluminum ramp too.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:25:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackRebney] [#6]

I do a local 12 mile loop on my bike of flowy some tech stuff on my evo and have gas to spare. I can normally ride a whole event on a tank as well.

Local lady in the gorge has a montesa with the seat/tank for sale right now. I can say that the bike hasn’t been best but it’s been ridden some.
View All Quotes

Yeah I've seen that Montesa in Hood River, too rich for my blood. Not the biggest fan of those anyways, heavier than all the other brands, and the oil changes look ridiculous compared to the Beta 4 stroke.

IMO, as much as I love the older 2000-2002 Gas Gas non pro models, the newer ones just don't seem to be built as well. My dad's friend bought a 2018 300, nothing but problems, very difficult to start it, even when warm, the short shift lever doesn't give you enough leverage, and he was constantly finding neutral between gears other than 1st and 2nd. He sold it and went back to a 2002 non pro model. It seems like TRS is kinda the spiritual successor to what Gas Gas used to be, the Xtrack is the other adventure trials type bike I'm considering.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
A casual ride in Central Oregon last weekend, pic taken between Sunriver and Mt.Bachelor.
My KTM 500 EXC-F and a buddies DRZ400.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Yeah I've seen that Montesa in Hood River, too rich for my blood. Not the biggest fan of those anyways, heavier than all the other brands, and the oil changes look ridiculous compared to the Beta 4 stroke.

IMO, as much as I love the older 2000-2002 Gas Gas non pro models, the newer ones just don't seem to be built as well. My dad's friend bought a 2018 300, nothing but problems, very difficult to start it, even when warm, the short shift lever doesn't give you enough leverage, and he was constantly finding neutral between gears other than 1st and 2nd. He sold it and went back to a 2002 non pro model. It seems like TRS is kinda the spiritual successor to what Gas Gas used to be, the Xtrack is the other adventure trials type bike I'm considering.
View All Quotes

I have two buddies that just went vertigo and are in love. One just sold for $6800 the other day in pdx area and it was a steal.

I think funcountry in the dalles has a new 300 factory 4t for sale but not 100% sure on that.  I know they ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got my TW 200, looking forward to eventually getting out onto those forest service roads around here.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:46:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hawkin] [#10]
I’m picking this up on Friday.

2009 Kawasaki KLX250S with 740 miles..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By hawkin:
I’m picking this up on Friday.

2009 Kawasaki KLX250S with 740 miles..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2375/C4EDF744-1499-49E9-9D01-76B2BC9AE2BD_jpe-2569368.JPG
View Quote

https://whywelikethis.com/best-351-bill-blue-klx-250-big-bore-kits/
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Out for a ride today in the nice weather with my dad.

Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Great Pic!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#14]
My son got him some used orange kool-aid. 2013 500 EXC.

We did new tires, tubes, sprockets, and chain.  

Heading to the desert near barstow Thursday evening and riding Friday.  Saturday we’re riding in the Mojave preserve.

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By -Omega-1:
Just got my TW 200, looking forward to eventually getting out onto those forest service roads around here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123512/tw_200_1-2538241.jpg
View Quote

Let me know how you like that bike.

I had one for less than a year.  It was the most uncomfortable and gutless thing I had ever ridden.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By widerstehe:

Let me know how you like that bike.

I had one for less than a year.  It was the most uncomfortable and gutless thing I had ever ridden.
View Quote

I wore one out, hated it.  No guts, small chain size meant constant adjusting and replacing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#18]
CRF300l keeps breaking the plastic that the rear turn signals attach to.  Changed it once and noticed the left side broke again.  Cheap plastic shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Owl Canyon BLM camp ground north of Barstow.

Ready to brrrrrraaaaaap!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm envious.  It's been 20 years since I ran around El Mirage, Barstow, Gorman, California City, etc with my buddies.

Damn...I'm thinking about some of those times now.  GREAT dirt biking.  What a great experience.  Watch out for mine shafts!  lol
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
My son got him some used orange kool-aid. 2013 500 EXC.
View Quote

Do you know of the ECU has been flashed with the unrestricted map?
Since it's a 2013 the ECU is unlocked.
This is the unrestricted map - KM787EU12C0701.
Your KTM dealer should be able to reflash it as long as you are not in California.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#24]
I don’t recommend doing this

No harm no foul.  Only thing damaged was ego.

Of course my son got it on his GoPro.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#26]
@HDLS Are you local to the area?? We should connect up for a ride some time. I’m on Ft. Irwin. Have you/your son ever ridden through the box (ie the training) out here?
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally PostedBy ArmyADub:
@HDLS Are you local to the area?? We should connect up for a ride some time. I’m on Ft. Irwin. Have you/your son ever ridden through the box (ie the training) out here?
View Quote

I’m in the San Diego area.

My son rode through the box in his Bradley.  

Next time we are up that way riding I’ll holler at you.  

I’ll likely be up in the Dumont dunes area in Feb/March.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I don’t recommend doing this

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/854A2156-87A0-4929-B5F9-3370C1DF7DF8-2598175.jpg

No harm no foul.  Only thing damaged was ego.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/8CD0AAE9-DEDF-4E74-9A7C-E2B296C437F6-2598176.jpg

Of course my son got it on his GoPro.
View Quote

We’ve all had “I can make that” moments. Part of the thrill of dirkbikes!
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackRebney] [#29]
I did something stupid and bought a new bike. The electric start has already spoiled me. 8lbs lighter than my old trials bike. Seat is mostly useless but has a storage compartment for some tools, works ok for sitting when riding roads.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:43:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#30]
Day ride in the Ocotillo Wells and Borrego Springs area yesterday.  Perfect weather.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Bike withdrawls here, fucking blizzard, going to be months before I can ditch the atv for the CRF300L.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Bike withdrawls here, fucking blizzard, going to be months before I can ditch the atv for the CRF300L.
View Quote

Load it up and come on out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Load it up and come on out.
View Quote

Wish I could, 300 head of cattle won't allow me to.  Did drive it from my garage to equipment shed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#34]

You should have rode to Winslow and took a picture of your bike on a corner.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Stud up those tires and ride!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#36]
After some mods outside before the snow and cold hit here in Pa.

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

You should have rode to Winslow and took a picture of your bike on a corner.
View Quote

Been there, done that.  What a depressing town.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

Been there, done that.  What a depressing town.
View Quote

We did that, McDonalds at 7 am featured a bunch of drunk people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Picked this up yesterday. 950 Adventure-S. Hoping to be able to get to the dmv so I can get plates in time for a ride this weekend.

Attachment Attached File

It's well farkled with revalved suspension, racks, hard luggage, high fender, fresh tires. All that stuff isn't installed at the moment. It's really high for my 32" inseam

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Can you guys recommend me a set I’d DOT approved tires for my xcw?  I’m thinking about making my bike street legal just to Cruz around. I’ll be 90% national forest trails which means woods, mud, rocks, roots, etc. I want to be able to ride forest roads or ride into town from camp to get groceries and whatnot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
Can you guys recommend me a set I’d DOT approved tires for my xcw?  I’m thinking about making my bike street legal just to Cruz around. I’ll be 90% national forest trails which means woods, mud, rocks, roots, etc. I want to be able to ride forest roads or ride into town from camp to get groceries and whatnot.
View Quote

I like Dunlop 606. 2016 500xcw w/plates
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:40:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#42]
Broke my hand skateboarding about 7 weeks ago so missed out on a bunch of prime riding time for around here.  Took my bike with me to Cola Warrior West in Arizona this past week and did a little riding around the site. Nothing too crazy since my wrist is still rehabbing. Felt good to twist the throttle and throw a little roost.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 3:29:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#43]
Font's Point, Anza Borrego Desert State Park:

Red Rock Canyon/Jawbone area:

west of California City, looking northeast, with Koehn Dry Lake in far background:

Fish Creek Wash:

southwest of Salton Sea:

south of Ocotillo Wells

Anza Borrego Desert State Park:

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
Font's Point, Anza Borrego Desert State Park:
https://i.imgur.com/KRPuVGT.jpg

Red Rock Canyon/Jawbone area:
https://i.imgur.com/5ghxfu2.jpg

west of California City, with Koen Dry Lake in far background:
https://i.imgur.com/wplvj2T.jpg

Fish Creek Wash:
https://i.imgur.com/9gQ9ZgE.jpg

southwest of Salton Sea:
https://i.imgur.com/ZwPkjl6.jpg

south of Ocotillo Wells
https://i.imgur.com/8Qyy2PG.jpg

Anza Borrego Desert State Park:
https://i.imgur.com/sxKTFzk.jpg

View Quote

You in the area still?  I'm in Oceanside.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Rode to work today on the new bike.

Attachment Attached File

Got distracted by a coworker who wanted to hear it start. Forgot about the rotor lock. Made it 2ft before the wheel locked up and toppled over.

Attachment Attached File

942cc's mangled the lock. Same coworker I was talking to before looped back and took me home. Wife brought me back and acted as lookout while I stole my own bike.

Attachment Attached File

No one came by to see why someone was using an angle grinder in the parking lot, especially without the correct PPE. The aluminum or zinc lock body kept clogging the wheel. Used a concrete curb to freshen the wheel every few seconds. Then used the wooden wedges holding the lock stationary to bend the body and off it came in less than 5min and half a battery later. Rotor was fine, not even a mark on the fork where the lock hit, fortunately there is a tab that juts out to protect the caliper (I assume.)

Now I need a new lock, probably tethered to the bars. Do they always bend? I expected it to lock up the wheel but didn't expect to have to cut the lock off. Glad I was 15min from home and not out in the boondocks.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#46]

You in the area still?  I'm in Oceanside.
View Quote
@HDLS
Those pics were from pre-covid rides.  We usually go out there riding every year.   We haven't been to CA since 2019.  Will be back in OC in a couple weeks, though.  My van has been sitting there for 4 years, so no idea if it will be driveable or not, or how much work it will take to get it driveable.  So no dez trips planned yet.   If the van will run, we will probably go to hi or lo dez, depending on temps & wife's preference.  We are especially fond of Borrego Springs and Cal City.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Just put a deposit on this today. 2023 KTM 690 supermoto. Granted it's basically street but kinda "dual sport" lol.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By my69camaro1:
Just put a deposit on this today. 2023 KTM 690 supermoto. Granted it's basically street but kinda "dual sport" lol.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/186384/20230331_162505_jpg-2765654.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/186384/20230331_170406_jpg-2765655.JPG
View Quote

Those are awesome. The enduros have a crazy amount of orange but the blue seat and accents on the sumo look great.

Did you get any incentives or markdowns on pricing?
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By my69camaro1:
Just put a deposit on this today. 2023 KTM 690 supermoto. Granted it's basically street but kinda "dual sport" lol.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/186384/20230331_162505_jpg-2765654.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/186384/20230331_170406_jpg-2765655.JPG
View Quote

I've done single track on a offroad/mx park with mine. You should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I just spent a week around Cal City.  I've been going to the desert since the mid-70s, and I've never seen the wildflower blooms like this year.   Just incredible.   Acres and acres and acres of beautiful flowers, and each flower is less than 1/2" in diameter.  Millions and millions of them.

Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top