Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG

EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

that looks delicious
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I made, or tried to make anyway, wild duck and wild goose prosciutto.  Set up a controlled temperature and controlled humidity cabinet, followed all the rules. Tracked weight loss.  In the end it was awful.  Took one bite and threw it all away.  Don't know if I messed it up somehow or if I just don't like duck prosciutto.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Little early for dinner.

Pistol aiming at yourself, not towards enemy.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good but
No extra mags
No flashlight
No utensils
No napkin
No rifle
No tape measure
No beverage

Solid 3/10.

Work on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMG

EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

that looks delicious
View Quote

Dinner pic was a seared doggie-bag breast left over from dinner a few nights earlier at The Yearling Restaurant in Cross Creek, FLA.  Appetizer was venison medallions, so I could only finish one of the two duck breasts they served me.  ??

For the duck breast prosciutto, start with quality grain-fed duck or goose breast.  Wild duck can be hit or miss, depending on their feed.  If you like it, go for it. If you're not a fan of strong flavored meat, stick with store-bought.  The smaller Maple Leaf Farms frozen duck breasts are a great starting point for your first charcuterie.  I ordered these big honkin'  moulard magret breasts from D'artagnan

Here's two recipes to get you started:

Basic entry-level duck prosciutto

Slightly more advanced method

I have done this with the cheesecloth-wrapped cured breasts just hanging in the kitchen to dry, and also with no cheesecloth hanging in my temperature/humidity-controlled chamber (converted wine fridge).  You can also use Umai dry bags in your regular fridge.

Once you reach your weight loss target, it's ready to eat.  But, it will benefit immensely if you vacuum-bag it and leave it in the fridge for several months to a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top