Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2021 4:57:31 PM EDT
I sat on hold for over an hour and then got hung up on. Purchased an XL750 to replace my 550. The primer system has never worked and when I called them out on it I got crickets from them. Thought I would share for other folks on the fence.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
They're slammed.

Every time I've ever had issues with them, (which has been twice in many thousands of rounds) they take my number and call me back.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to call them post Sandy Hook, they were slammed of course.

I sent an email support ticket, BOOM! 20 minutes later my part was shipped.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Your experience, all be it frustrating, is not how they normally operate. Dont shit on an entire company because you are frustrated. They'll make it right.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had an issue with their service in the past, but I'm a little more self sufficient when it comes to mechanical things.  -YMMV
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Last time I called Mike answered the phone. The small issue I had was cleared up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Sent several Emails over the last month and nothing from them. Placed calls,nothing and have been disconnected after an hour on hold twice. I get the covid and increased demand but I just want my press fixed. It will not feed primers no matter what fixes the manual suggests.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Dillon customer service is the best in the business.  OP, you aren't the only person on earth experiencing difficulties.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#9]
every time I call them they send me free stuff.
like any part on my 650 that i break or lose.

havent called recently but I'm sure they'll take care of you
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Wrong.

Their customer service is stellar. Emailed them with a problem and had two different people reach out and solve the shit out of my issue.

This was 3 weeks ago in the middle of the brain damage
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Have mike call me.

I had a similar  issue when i bought my 650 in 2004. I took the day off to set up my press and could get the primer feed to work. I called and explained the issue. The guy told me that it  sounded like an out of spec part and he'd send me a new one. I said ok, but I'd  taken the day off to set up my Brand New machine. I'd a figured QC would have caught any issues. He said, well now you have a whole day to learn how to use the machine.  Dick.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I called Mike answered the phone. The small issue I had was cleared up pretty quick.
View Quote
Mike won't be answering the phone.

A lot of people have issues with the 750 primer system.

If they weren't such childish trolls, they could go to the arfcom reloading forum and find out how to resolve the issues quickly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Trade you a 650.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure you have but just in case I'll ask if you searched any youtube videos on the matter. It's helped me many times
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#16]
First time Ive ever seen someone complain about Dillon
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Whats wrong with the primer feed system anyways?

The one on my 550 is pretty simplistic and the only component Ive ever had to mess with is the arm that moves the primer feed back to pick up a new one
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#18]
With a 12 week backlog yah they are stupid slammed.

They have been  by far some of the best customer service I have experienced back in 2017-2018
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll chime in too, had a buddy that was moving and had his 650 bounce off the back of a trailer at 60 mph, found it after he got to new house and it was missing. Press was WRECKED, he called Dillon to inquire about new parts to rebuild it and they said "send it in, we'll rebuild it right and send you the bill" he did so and when it was time to pay up, they said something to the effect of 'our warranty covers your stupidity too, you don't owe us anything but shipping costs, have a good one'. That was a few years back, but that is fuckong STELLAR customer service. How about you cut them some slack for being SLAMMED right now?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If they weren't such childish trolls, they could go to the arfcom reloading forum and find out how to resolve the issues quickly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah tried that, nothing, the plastic ends are the problem. Was sent ones that are for 650 and won't work. This is not my fault and just want the proper parts I paid for.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Now I see that OP already took a steaming shit in the reloading forum.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Bullshit

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah tried that, nothing, the plastic ends are the problem. Was sent ones that are for 650 and won't work. This is not my fault and just want the proper parts I paid for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And actually was posted in reloading section but post was moved by mods so thanks for your post.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#24]
They replaced my 550b to a 550c for free when I broke it.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Take a picture of the part. I can't  think of any plastic parts in the 650 primer feed system
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Dillon is and has always been easy to deal with.

They are swamped.  They are good people.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#27]
No bs warranty?

I have dealt with them before, they're ok at customer service.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No bs warranty?
View Quote
And they honor it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The one on my 550 is pretty simplistic and the only component Ive ever had to mess with is the arm that moves the primer feed back to pick up a new one
View Quote

Completely different system, I have a 550. Should have bought a used 650. This thing is a joke
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Completely different system, I have a 550. Should have bought a used 650. This thing is a joke
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an old 550. What failed?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#31]
What is your 750 doing that is causing problems? Pics would help a lot.

I've used Dillon machines since the early '90s and the very rare instances where I called customer service,  they were very helpful and if replacement  parts were needed , they arrived very quickly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have an old 550. What failed?
View Quote

The plastic ends won't reliably feed primers into the cup. And the system gets jammed upAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Pretty sure any firearms related company that has the bandwidth to respond to customer service complaints in the current state of the market has to be at wizard level operating efficiency.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#34]
They are slammed cut them a break.

Having said that, Dillion is not as universally amazing as fan boys think.

Not everything blue is the absolute best product in its line.  Their customer support is usually good but not always.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I hear you OP.  I recently got boned by Leopold customer service.   I'll never touch another one of their products.

Fucking cunts.  That's mostly why I blew the money on them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#36]
No it doesn't
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't think that part goes to a 650
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not everything blue is the absolute best product in its line.  Their customer support is usually good but not always.

View Quote

The 1050 is great but it's a very old design at this point.

And the CP2000 and RL1100 are basically just the 1050 with minor tweaks.

If I were just starting out, I'd seriously consider a lyman revolution for that price point.   eta: Well, price range, I guess.   Its considerably more expensive but its not like stepping up to a camdex.

I've got alot of Dillon stuff.  And there are some things they do that no one does better.   But their innovation has slipped to new competitors the past few years.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then you'd be complaining that your primer system detonated and shot the tube of primers through the ceiling.

There is a reason they went away from the rotary system.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Their electric primer loader is certainly a piece of shit.  I can't believe they still sell it.  Mine made a trip back for repair and improvements but still consistently jammed and flipped primers the wrong way.    It took longer to dick around with loading and clearing than to just manually load tubes.  

Luckily with all things Dillon, I sold it without losing any money.  I was essentially frustrated for free for a week.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And then you'd be complaining that your primer system detonated and shot the tube of primers through the ceiling.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am sure if you slam it hard enough this can happen, but I have crushed primers into unrecognizable dust and have not had one go off after loading tens of thousands of rounds on the 650.  Saying the 750 primer system is an improvement seems to be not true, however.  My 650 primer system has never jammed or needed washers, bending, spacing, or rubber bands to operate.

Here is where I cannot disagree with OP:

Should have bought a used 650.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Now I see that OP already took a steaming shit in the reloading forum.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif
View Quote

OP needs to relax

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#43]
"Bad CS" and "Dillon" are two things I've never heard in the same sentence before until today. Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Pretty much every place that is gun or ammo related is slammed.
Every minute spent on the CS line is one minute less on catching up with backorders.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I have two Dillons and the very few problems I had were my fault and they still took care of it free of charge both times.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#47]
All customer service sucks now days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#48]
You can forget call-me-back or email. They are balls to the wall but they are shipping every day. I think they have even pressed the janitor into building, packing & shipping. If you can't get an answer in the reloading forum, head over to Brian Enos's board and check there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm currently the 15 13th person in queue, I'm checking on an order I placed today.  Put it on speakerphone and just let it go until someone picks up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pretty much every place that is gun or ammo related is slammed.
Every minute spent on the CS line is one minute less on catching up with backorders.
View Quote
I called Caldwell today and they picked up with just a few rings and no BS phone tree.  They will be sending me free shit.  

Happy day!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top