Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's partly because state governments tax the ever loving shit out of diesel. They think that they can avoid the wrath of soccer moms by taxing diesel more than gas, and for the most part, they are proven right.
View Quote
That's because the o sequel I got majority of diesel usage is to transport goods and those companies will just pass the cost on to consumers.  So Susie Soccermom is still paying the tax just not in a way that might make her stand up against excessive taxation.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Seeing 6.39 a gal. for diesel this morning, western mass
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote
Saw this today in trucker FB group I'm in. Ashland is on I95 south of DC. TA is a major truckstop chain that should never be out of fuel.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can aborted babies be made into diesel?
View Quote
The US population IS the largest bio-diesel reserve head and shoulders above all other nations.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
For whatever it is worth.

COD home heating oil in Long Island NY

https://tragarexpress.com/?campaign=9464329620&content=420447224363&keyword=cod%20fuel%20oil&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3923h9bk9wIVgolbCh2YbQl1EBAYASAAEgKZS_D_BwE

Attachment Attached File

Pic with prices if from 5-16-22 for future reference.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This makes Klaus Schwab happy
View Quote

Him and Soros needs sent packing
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]

FUCK THAT NOISE.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Really interested in seeing what the upcoming holiday weekend is going to do to fuel prices. I filled up everything today so I'll be good to go thru that week and the week after.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Really interested in seeing what the upcoming holiday weekend is going to do to fuel prices. I filled up everything today so I'll be good to go thru that week and the week after.
View Quote

I'll be driving back from FL to CT this week
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Their small quantity pricing mark up amazing.

I wish I had that margin.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully in a Prius...........

You are going to see vehicles that are driven daily that average 15MPG or lower start to drop in price on the used car market. If you have to commute, the pain has got to start being felt by now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You are going to see vehicles that are driven daily that average 15MPG or lower start to drop in price on the used car market. If you have to commute, the pain has got to start being felt by now.
View Quote

I've had a bunch of people ask me questions about my Prius lately it made me laugh. according to KBB its supposedly worth 7K with 210K miles on it which seems high as hell to me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]
There is no supply shortage for fuel in VA
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

My town is officially out of diesel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Filled up the dually on Saturday. $5.19

Previous Saturday there was a fight between two others in Dually’s.

Dually rage is real!

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, sienna, drove down last weekend and heading back this weekend. Still cheaper than flying (family of 4) but about $500 one way. Gas got more expensive the further south you went oddly enough.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Glad I topped off the home heating oil last week. Going into fall could get interesting if this goes as long as predicted.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
The local fuel rack in Rogers, AR was sending tanker trucks away to get loaded elsewhere, like Tulsa. They had trucks coming in from other places and ran out for locals. I don't know how long that lasted, but it was scary news to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The local fuel rack in Rogers, AR was sending tanker trucks away to get loaded elsewhere, like Tulsa. They had trucks coming in from other places and ran out for locals. I don't know how long that lasted, but it was scary news to me.
View Quote

That's creepy as all get out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Still 6.20 to 6.35 a gal diesel  and 4.60 for gas in west ma., no shortages, gas is going up though
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#23]
ARE WE DEAD YET
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ARE WE DEAD YET
View Quote

Yes, they are squeezing you right now for the fat content which will then be rendered down and turned into ''green'' biofuel.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was wrong, we are screwed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What changed your mind?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What changed your mind?
View Quote
@RobertM
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@RobertM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What changed your mind?
@RobertM

Through put is way up at two of my facilities and we have seen storage levels start to get low .
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#29]
So yesterday morning I was getting diesel and a school bus pulled up on the other side, I asked the driver how much those things hold, she told me 70 gal. Holy crap I said how many time do you fill up each week? She said it varies per route but the average is every two days x 25 busses per school,

So I did some math and
$5.60 x 70 gal  =$399
$399x2.5(week)=$998
$988x25 busses per school=$24,950 worth of diesel per school per week .
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#30]
North of San Antonio
87 0ctane here jumped .20 gallon yesterday to $4.29.
Diesel $5.29.
A few pumps out of gas and 1 place curtailing hours where diesel is allowed to be purchased. Sign on pump said diesel purchases not available from 10pm to 6am.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Will hotdogs still be cheaper come 4th of July?
View Quote

July 4th is a racist holiday in our country now...... c,mon man, you know better than that.....
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#32]
The other side of the coin is DEF.

My local Rural King was sold out (last time I bought it was $6.00 a box) and Tractor Supply had about 8 boxes of no name stuff (not Shell) for $8.99.

I bought 6 boxes after the guy behind me asked if he could get 2.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Read......

We're in for a fucking......

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/why-diesel-fuel-costs-are-really-rising/
Back in 2020, U.S. oil-refinery capacity peaked at 19 million barrels per day, according to the EIA. But because of the pandemic, and the delayed decision to permanently shut down the Philadelphia Energy Solutions refinery after a major accident in 2019, U.S. refinery capacity declined significantly during that year. (PES was the largest oil refinery on the East Coast and refined 335,000 barrels per day.)

In addition to the PES refinery, five more shut down over the course of 2020: the Shell refinery in Convent, La., the Tesoro Marathon refinery in Martinez, Calif., the HollyFrontier refinery in Cheyenne, Wyo., the Western Refining refinery in Gallup, N.M., and the Dakota Prairie refinery in Dickinson, N.D. Those six collectively refined more than 1 million barrels of oil per day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Saw this today in trucker FB group I'm in. Ashland is on I95 south of DC. TA is a major truckstop chain that should never be out of fuel.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122768/File_May_16__11_21_08_AM_jpeg-2385905.JPG
View Quote

I stopped in ashland VA on Monday to get fuel, truck stop looks different then the one pictured but they only had regular fuel. Wife wanted ice coffee from dunking donuts so we drone to the DD on the other side of 95. The front door was locked so we went through the drive-through and was told they had nothing but a few donuts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Read......

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/why-diesel-fuel-costs-are-really-rising/

View Quote

They've only been closed for 2 years. What would need to happen to reopen them?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My local Rural King was sold out (last time I bought it was $6.00 a box) and Tractor Supply had about 8 boxes of no name stuff (not Shell) for $8.99.

View Quote

DEF has gone down in price.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read......

A different political regime in office.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The cost to driver is fixed. With larger deliveries, the cost can be amortized over many more gallons.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don’t buy DEF in a box. It’s cheaper and safer to buy at the pump. DEF has an expiration date and most people that over buy in boxed DEF put in expired DEF and than have major issues.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#40]
The random gas station being out of gas implies that gas stations are worried about price gouging charges. So prices may not ever hit $10. Instead people will have to learn to drive less because they will not know when they can fill up their car again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#41]
My mom is in charge of the POS systems for a very large midwestern gas station chain. She normally has plenty of good inside info on this sort of thing, so I asked her. She said she hasn’t heard anything in any of her management meetings or seen anything from meeting minutes. Maybe it just hasn’t spread out here yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Two gas stations in my town were completely out of gas yesterday. Feels weird...
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The cost to driver is fixed. With larger deliveries, the cost can be amortized over many more gallons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think you’re getting my point.

Their small delivery margin is very high. Because the market allows it.  My market does not, as most of my competitors do small gallon deliveries - farms, houses, etc. so my 0-150 gallon delivery fee is nearly the same as my 2000-4000 gallon delivery fee.

I understand my driver costs are fixed. But my competition is not.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My mom is in charge of the POS systems for a very large midwestern gas station chain. She normally has plenty of good inside info on this sort of thing, so I asked her. She said she hasn’t heard anything in any of her management meetings or seen anything from meeting minutes. Maybe it just hasn’t spread out here yet.
View Quote

It says right in the title east coast....
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For OP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FR7FuLqX0AAKzHO?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

crazy that the highest diesel prices have been, came under the 2 biggest shitbag dem presidents in history.
2008 with zero's crash, and now 2022 with the potato running the show

what a clusterfuck
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm looking for fuel this morning.
Not having a lot of luck.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm looking for fuel this morning.
Not having a lot of luck.
View Quote

Build Back Better season 2!

I can't wait for Season 3!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#48]
basically parked my truck and have been driving my old 2010 outback.  Topped it off yesterday half tank was over $50.  $4.60 a gallon in boyne city.  Ill get a week out of a full tank.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where are you in CT? (DM if you want) Im in the Stratford area, havent seen any diesel outages yet, just the skyrocketing cost. Heating season is going to be rough for sure.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Is availability only expected to be spotty near the east coast?

What's the road out of this look like?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top