Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2018 6:07:19 AM EDT
I seem to remember at the time that it would be out this past October, but I don't remember seeing anything since.

Since we're moving ahead with the Bump Stock Ban, I figure it must have been released and I missed it.

Anybody know where this stands? It was (naturally) such a big event at the time and I followed the Arfcom thread for a while, but I haven't heard anything in quite some time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Turns out it never really happened.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The FBI has proven that they can’t be trusted and their deafening silence after the attack is very suspicious.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote
While voluminous, that appears to be documents released in response to Nolo's FOIA request.

Is the FBI's actual final report buried in there somewhere?

What did they say the shooter's motivation was?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

While voluminous, that appears to be documents released in response to Nolo's FOIA request.

View Quote
I haven't read where anyone investigating this said what his motivation was...……...
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't read where anyone investigating this said what his motivation was...……...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a video of a Trump protester wearing a pussy hat, no less, who looked just like Paddock. A fellow protester came up, hugged him and called him Steven.  I'd also read that he acquired most of the guns he used in Vegas in the year following Trump's election.  He then decided to shoot up a concert that was packed with country music fans (likely Trump voters or, at least, conservative leaning).

The FBI likely just wants to skim over the evidence that the asshole was a leftist. Same FBI that has been packed to the gills with leftists during the eight years of Obama. No desire to shine that light on someone of the same political persuasion as the investigators.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#7]
It was a Benghazi style arms deal with DeepState but the FBI will never admit that because they are DeepState.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There was a video of a Trump protester wearing a pussy hat, no less, who looked just like Paddock. A fellow protester came up, hugged him and called him Steven.  I'd also read that he acquired most of the guns he used in Vegas in the year following Trump's election.  He then decided to shoot up a concert that was packed with country music fans (likely Trump voters or, at least, conservative leaning).

The FBI likely just wants to skim over the evidence that the asshole was a leftist. Same FBI that has been packed to the gills with leftists during the eight years of Obama. No desire to shine that light on someone of the same political persuasion as the investigators.
View Quote
I remember that but there was some "article" saying that that was not the same man...…..now I have NO IDEA about the accuracy of that "article"...…...I am just relaying what I remember about that...…….
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember that but there was some "article" saying that that was not the same man...…..now I have NO IDEA about the accuracy of that "article"...…...I am just relaying what I remember about that...…….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paddock and pussy hat guy are different people.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As tinfoil as it is, I'm with this guy.

The silence is deafening. There is no right reason we dont know every single part of the shooting, up to and including if he took a shit before hand.

My pet theory is that with all of the violent clashes between left and right in protests, the FBI is worried that if they revealed the leftist motivation of the shooter there would be right wing reprisal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#11]
We know more about Booth and Oswald than we will ever know about Vegas.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#12]
To answer your question No....

I filed an FOIA with FBI and ATF when the rule making process started.

I requested the reports of technical examination of the firearms used in the shooting.  ATF claims even though they received the firearms in April (just after the rule making process started0 that ATF did NOT examine them to date re: Peter Chism ATF disclosure division)....Uh Huh...Sure.

FBI on the other hand told me to fuck off citing law enforcement exemption....When I file suit, now they claim they are having trouble searching for the documents I requested.  Still on going.

In short when asked for proof the firearms and bump stocks were used in the shooting the govt. told me to basically fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It was a Benghazi style arms deal with DeepState but the FBI will never admit that because they are DeepState.
View Quote
Needs more Korean parachutes
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I requested the reports of technical examination of the firearms used in the shooting.  ATF claims even though they received the firearms in April (just after the rule making process started0 that ATF did NOT examine them to date re: Peter Chism ATF disclosure division)....Uh Huh...Sure.

FBI on the other hand told me to fuck off citing law enforcement exemption....When I file suit, now they claim they are having trouble searching for the documents I requested.  Still on going.

In short when asked for proof the firearms and bump stocks were used in the shooting the govt. told me to basically fuck off.
View Quote
This is absolute bullshit I was assured the mr. Trump was going to drain the fuck out of the swamp and there is like no way he'd allow something to hurt gun owners...no way he would allow a federal agency under his control in essence to cover something like this up. Nope, just isnt possible. Insert every "what the fuck"-ish emoji here.

This and mh370 both sit really wrong with me. So many reasons that we deserve to know all and in today's day and age with all the forensic capabilities we posses...we know fuckin nothin bout nothin? Are you for real? Lol I mean a 777 vanishes off the pool planet and we can find it? I guess at least some parts of it were recovered but it just stinks to high heaven how little we know about that case too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#15]
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the fbi had set the whole thing up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Deep state
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#18]
That was odd.
We never did hear much about the shooter, his girlfriend or the motive.
Didn't get much investigative reporting either.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That was odd.
View Quote
Which speaks volumes about them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#20]
My bet is FBI setup for a big sting - lefty looney wanted revenge on trump supporters. FBI wanted a big win, shit went sideways, the guy probably realized the jig was up and acted quickly because that was his desire, and coverup is abound due to A) FBI/.gov fuck up and B) Lefty. I think the primary cover up is A due to the fact they cant really release any info without uncovering that but B is still in play because if it was a right wing reason Congressional Dems would have screamed for immediate information.

The true motive will never see the light of day but the worst part, just like parkland, is the how quick those are to take away rights with zero information.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#21]
What ever happened to his nutcase brother that couldn't avoid a TV camera if he tried?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#22]
This isn’t a movie or TV show,he didn’t need a cut and dried motive to wrap the plot up nicely. The guy was an asshole and figured out how he could shoot the most people.

GD deciding he was the pussy hat guy is the stupidest thing I have seen on here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good info

The shooting was like something straight out of Enemies Foreign And Domestic.  Since when is there no motive in a murder investigation?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That was odd.
View Quote
it's almost like it was orchestrated by the government

but that would never happen - mind control isn't a thing. mkultra was done for fun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The silence is deafening. There is no right reason we dont know every single part of the shooting, up to and including if he took a shit before hand.

My pet theory is that with all of the violent clashes between left and right in protests, the FBI is worried that if they revealed the leftist motivation of the shooter there would be right wing reprisal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know all about the racist white supremacist who ran that lady over in Charlottesville.  If we don't know all about this crazy leftist it's either for political reasons or that this guy was on their radar and they fucked up, once again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#26]
He was an FBI guy...  Some plots that they start they stop, others not so much.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This isn’t a movie or TV show,he didn’t need a cut and dried motive to wrap the plot up nicely. The guy was an asshole and figured out how he could shoot the most people.

GD deciding he was the pussy hat guy is the stupidest thing I have seen on here.
View Quote
Even crazy people have a motive. It may be that the toaster told them to do it, but it's still a motive.

It's extremely rare for someone to just "do" something. The fact that he showed that much preparation showed it wasn't a case of "I can go catch a show or I can shoot up a concert. Heads, it's Penn & Teller....."
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#28]
With everything that has gone on, I have zero trust in the backbone of the FBI to do their job. There has been plenty of obvious bias shown by lead agents.

Now, I do believe there are a ton of good guys/gals within the agency that want to do their jobs. But they are not public facing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Why would they? Legislation has now been handed down as a result.

Mission accomplished guys!

I have no doubt the guy was a left wing kook
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Even crazy people have a motive. It may be that the toaster told them to do it, but it's still a motive.
View Quote
If there was a motive like that they would report it.  There's only one reason to refuse to report the motive, it's because they know it will cause trouble.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Looking at Paddock's mysterious past you see that he worked a series of govt jobs before he went dark.

My take is that he was some kind of contract operative for the govt.    He was a pilot and accountant with private planes and safe houses near airports.

His girlfriend's immigration to the USA  was sponsored by a State Dept US official and she claimed employment by the FBI at some point.

The whole incident seemed to be designed to stoke gun control and perhaps turn country and western fans against gun rights.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#32]
You want the truth?
You can't handle the truth.

‘License To Kill: The Murder Of Erik Scott’
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#33]
We may never know the motivations for this tragic occurrence
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I never thought I was a conspiracy kook, but I guess I am.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Paddock wanted to show the atf their fast and furious guns could hurt americans.

fbi not sure how to deal with atf after waco issues from long ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's extremely rare for someone to just "do" something. The fact that he showed that much preparation showed it wasn't a case of "I can go catch a show or I can shoot up a concert. Heads, it's Penn & Teller....."
View Quote
What was Charles Whitman’s motive? Huberty’s? Kelley’s? Hennard’s? Were they all FBI stings gone awry or leftists who wanted gun control?

I understand why the idea of a wealthy older white guy with a bunch of guns putting homicidal thoughts into action scares so many enough to refuse wanting consider that it can just happen but I believe that is all there is to it. For whatever reason this guy who had a lifestyle many on here would be jealous of had a long festering hatred of humanity and decided to act upon it. It is pointless trying to make it an entirely neat,rational action because it was not. The only thing that separated him from other mass shooters was having the ability to fund this.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Deranged leftist that targeted what he believed to be a large group of Trump supporters.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think this is the real truth.  People forget the first twin towers attack was done with FBI provided explosives.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"motive may never be known".
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
out_of_battery

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
That process began in earnest with Clinton and Janet Reno.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think this is the real truth.  People forget the first twin towers attack was done with FBI provided explosives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There have been others as well, wasn't the Texas shooter an FBI op gone bad too?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There have been others as well, wasn't the Texas shooter an FBI op gone bad too?
View Quote
Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top