Quoted:
Bad shoot, good verdict.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Slow down there NY. Top notch prosecution, guilty verdicts. What got buried?
View Quote

The local DA, who one of the perps used to work for, chose not to prosecute and declared it self defense. If the video had never become public they'd never have been arrested.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bad shoot, good verdict.
View Quote

SPNI.
A goat rope all around. They earned the verdicts IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The local DA, who one of the perps used to work for, chose not to prosecute and declared it self defense. If the video had never become public they'd never have been arrested.
View Quote

I consider myself more informed now. Is this publicly and accepted knowledge? Not arguing just never heard this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
But trespass and smash a window, get executed by a capitol cop is ok though...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except for the original DA who ordered the police on scene not to arrest even though they had probable cause to do so.

Who was first person the father called oh that's right it was his friend the DA so she could cover everything up for him?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It is not their job to enforce the law, "if you see something, say something," report them to the local PD, the PD is paid to investigate stuff like this.
View Quote
I believe your statement is why our country  devolved into a summer of burning cities.
The police were ordered to stand down and they complied. In fact, the police ignored blm while vigorously going after people standing on their own property, fending off a proven violent crowd.

I support common citizens stopping crime in progress if the enforcement arm of local, state and federal governments abandon their inherent duty.

I am not remarking on this case, just responding to your assertion.

If you ask me, what have I done to stop crime since I hold his point of view........ I've been eating more chili and blading at 32°( working my way up to 45°).
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not sure they would have been prosecuted if the third guy hadn't posted the video. I think his lawyer at the time might have suggested it
View Quote
I was thinking that today. I'll bet that other dude is slapping himself for that one
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guilty AF.

Way to perpetuate the stereotype of a good Ole boy network that declined an investigation for months.

View Quote
This, on both counts
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The main message from this trial is you should not protect your community from criminals. Especially not black criminals.
View Quote
Bullshit. You have no business confronting someone off of your property for an alleged crime you did not witness.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Those 3 are dumb fucks. I get wanting to protect your neighborhood, but just call the police like normal folks. Nobodies life was in jeopardy until they showed up.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I consider myself more informed now. Is this publicly and accepted knowledge? Not arguing just never heard this.
View Quote

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ahmaud-arbery-prosecutor-jackie-johnson-charged-obstruction/
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

this.

if we can summarize the last few days court verdicts in a few words- killing white people is Ok, killing black people not ok.  circumstances and facts need not be considered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The main message from this trial is you should not protect your community from criminals. Especially not black criminals.

this.

if we can summarize the last few days court verdicts in a few words- killing white people is Ok, killing black people not ok.  circumstances and facts need not be considered.

I guess we all got different messages. The message I got was that these guys weren't protecting their community, but tried to use that as an excuse for needlessly killing someone.

They're not heroes. IMO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

while it was a bad shoot and a good verdict, the above doesnt at all comport with the facts.  please become more familiar with the facts.  this "jogger" narrative is straigh up CNN bullshit.  he was burglarizing a property that (the white guy) had been asked to keep watch on.  this was not the first time.  not a rando, no a jogger.  Still jumped on that good ol boy shit and shouldnt have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't want to catch a murder charge? Don't go chasing down some random dude and then shoot him dead, no matter what you think he might have done.

while it was a bad shoot and a good verdict, the above doesnt at all comport with the facts.  please become more familiar with the facts.  this "jogger" narrative is straigh up CNN bullshit.  he was burglarizing a property that (the white guy) had been asked to keep watch on.  this was not the first time.  not a rando, no a jogger.  Still jumped on that good ol boy shit and shouldnt have.

Where did I say "jogger"?  You can't go chasing after someone and shoot them dead, no matter what you think they may or may not have done.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Good thread. Didn’t follow either and this has been enlightening.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shooting a black guy and then throwing the n word about like you are sowing seed in a field doesn't play well. Basically every stereotype on display all the way around. Possibly could have been a not good but not illegal shoot if they had done a few things differently and not sounded like a klan rally.
View Quote

[img]/images/smilies/anim_rofl.gif[/img

Good synopsis
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where did I say "jogger"?  You can't go chasing after someone and shoot them dead, no matter what you think they may or may not have done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't want to catch a murder charge? Don't go chasing down some random dude and then shoot him dead, no matter what you think he might have done.

There's a dead wife beater and a guy jerking off left handed, who learned this lesson the hard way.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bullshit. You have no business confronting someone off of your property for an alleged crime you did not witness.
View Quote

If you want atomized, isolated and weak  communities, then sure. That's not how Americans used to think. It's legally correct though, because our leaders want us atomized, isolated and weak.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The first 2 DA's that looked at the shooting declined to prosecute. The Mc Michaels were arrested 74 days after the killing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I see a disparity in how these cases are prosecuted… unless someone familiar with what is typical in the area, as to stacking charges like that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't follow the trial, but it appears that the jury got this right.
Not that Abury was a saint, but the shooters over stepped it big time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shooting at him when they did not have to engage and  continuing to chase him after he fled is not super defensible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure they would have been prosecuted if the third guy hadn't posted the video. I think his lawyer at the time might have suggested it

Shooting at him when they did not have to engage and  continuing to chase him after he fled is not super defensible.

Your shit's all fucked up here. None of this occurred.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#24]
When state got involved.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Georgia has now changed its Citizen's Arrest law and private citizens no longer have that power.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The shooter and his moron dad decided to jump in their truck with guns and chase the dead guy down because they thought maybe he had stolen a gun out of the shooter's vehicle, but they didn't have any real reason to think it was him-the shooter lied about it later in the trial and tried to claim they had recognized him off a video that showed him walking into an unfinished house days before. Dead guy walked into the same house immediately before being chased but shooter and dad could
not see the house. Shooter claimed a neighbor calling the cops signaled to them
To chase the dead guy, also almost certainly bs

Son and dad chased the guy up the road and the third guy started to follow

they chased the guy up the road, dead guy doubled back past them. They turned around and kept chasing him. Dead guy ran up a side road. They chased him up the side road. Dead guy doubled back again so they were turning around to keep
chasing him. As dead guy ran past dad and son's vehicle, son shot him several times, claiming dead guy had tried to grab the shotgun

Guy in the second truck told police shooter referred to dead guy as a dead n word (not sure if the jury heard that).

Dad was a former DA investigator who had lost his badge for failing to keep up his state leo certifications

The defendants never said anything about trying to effectuate a citizen's arrest until after they lawyered up.

I suspect they really did initially just want to stop the dead guy, but when he understandably didn't want to chat with three morons chasing him dummy shot him.

guy in the second vehicle inexplicably posted a cellphone video of the shooting

Two DAs let it go, I assume out of fear of political repercussions of prosecuting white men for killing a black man. Family complained and a NYT reporter dogged the story until the state stepped in and took over the prosecution and investigation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did not follow this trial.  I hear the three defendants were found guilty.  Did they get the shaft or did the jury do the right thing?
The shooter and his moron dad decided to jump in their truck with guns and chase the dead guy down because they thought maybe he had stolen a gun out of the shooter's vehicle, but they didn't have any real reason to think it was him-the shooter lied about it later in the trial and tried to claim they had recognized him off a video that showed him walking into an unfinished house days before. Dead guy walked into the same house immediately before being chased but shooter and dad could
not see the house. Shooter claimed a neighbor calling the cops signaled to them
To chase the dead guy, also almost certainly bs

Son and dad chased the guy up the road and the third guy started to follow

they chased the guy up the road, dead guy doubled back past them. They turned around and kept chasing him. Dead guy ran up a side road. They chased him up the side road. Dead guy doubled back again so they were turning around to keep
chasing him. As dead guy ran past dad and son's vehicle, son shot him several times, claiming dead guy had tried to grab the shotgun

Guy in the second truck told police shooter referred to dead guy as a dead n word (not sure if the jury heard that).

Dad was a former DA investigator who had lost his badge for failing to keep up his state leo certifications

The defendants never said anything about trying to effectuate a citizen's arrest until after they lawyered up.

I suspect they really did initially just want to stop the dead guy, but when he understandably didn't want to chat with three morons chasing him dummy shot him.

guy in the second vehicle inexplicably posted a cellphone video of the shooting

Two DAs let it go, I assume out of fear of political repercussions of prosecuting white men for killing a black man. Family complained and a NYT reporter dogged the story until the state stepped in and took over the prosecution and investigation

So the media actually did their intended job for once?

It’s also bullshit they were almost successful at sweeping it under the rug
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Haven't followed this but Carl Higbie on Newsmax just played a police video from 2017 when Abury was stopped,   wasn't good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Not so sure about the camera man, I feel like he has some serious grounds for appeal, at least for the more serious charges.

This sudden spate of convicting people of multiple murders (per defendant, obviously multiple people can be culpable for the same event) for a single body is sort of sketchy too. I've seen a lot of really grisly dead to rights homicides and I've never seen one catch multiple murder charges, or murder and manslaughter charges for a single body. That might just be an opinion informed by the state I work in, but that's not quite like pleading to an entirely different lesser, something about that just doesnt make sense. It'd be like separate assault charges, and assault with a deadly weapon charge, and an aggravated assault charge all resulting from a single hit. Dropping a murder charge for manslaughter has always been the game I've seen, not charging and convicting on both (just as an example, not what was seen here). The idea of going for malice murder and felony murder at the same time is also a little far fetched to me as it seems like one would generally preclude the other.

The gist of the verdict I feel was correct, but I'm also not real upset about a thug going out either.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have very mixed feelings.

1. The jogger was casing the construction site, but he did not deserve to be killed.

2. If he was innocent, why did he attack the first idiot.

3. Dont chase random dude and threaten him with a gun

4. Guilty on 5 counts for 1 murder. Uh, can't be dead more than once.

I'll just go with the jury. They saw more evidence than me.

When assholes collide, but don't be the asshole chasing random guy. Call the law. Maybe take his picture.
View Quote

"Felony Murder."  Not a yiu kiltim' murder, but you were a part of it.  So many felonies so many "Felony Murder's."

When assholes collide, each one earns their own fucking.

It's a neutral outcome for me. Everyone who did something wrong paid for their stupidity and colossally poor decisions.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't understand how you can be charged and convicted of murder 4 times for one person.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But trespass and smash a window, get executed by a capitol cop is ok though...

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

The new Mobys are much more subtle than the old ones…
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't understand how you can be charged and convicted of murder 4 times for one person.
View Quote

See my post above. It's "Felony Murder" not "Murder."

And it's per felony conviction if there is a Murder.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#35]
When assholes Collide...
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

See my post above. It's "Felony Murder" not "Murder."

And it's per felony conviction if there is a Murder.
View Quote

It's certainly a very generous application of that rule if so because most ones I've seen felony murders are generally only charged for accomplices or incidental acts- getaway drivers, accomplices in a serious assault who didn't necessarily do the injurious behavior, someone who sheltered a fugitive who then killed someone. If it were common practice to attach a felony murder to every event resulting in an intentional wrongful death you would see a lot more people riding out multiple murder bids, and you really don't. If some guy robbed a liquor store and killed a clerk you could charge armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to kill, murder, throw in some conspiracy to commit retail thefts, and tack three or four other murders in there for that one event, and in my experience that just isn't done.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Dumb fucks who thought they were the judge jury and executioner.

He grabbed good ole boys gun and got shot but he hat the right to use deadly force on good ole boy.

Murder.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've arrived at the correct answer. But, you got there wrong.

It's like on a math test, you did the work but came up with the wrong number. Luckily for you, it's a multiple choice and your number was close enough.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Georgia has a good old boy network that will protect you, that's what I took from this incident.

If you shoot someone just call up your buddy the DA and have them bury everything.
View Quote

Every small town in the middle of nowhere has this or had a version of it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ya know he was former Coast Guard right? Just sayin.
View Quote

And the coast guard taught him that pointing a gun at someone is a de-escalation technique
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Bad shoot, good verdict.
View Quote

This.  

We have Good Shoots  Bad Trials aplenty - Kenosha Kyle won, and Sgt. Perry in Austin is gong to start soon (BLM Commie Tard carrying an AK-47 (of Course) in a Austin March.  Crowd surrounded Sgt. Perry's car and then Commie pointed his AK-47 at Sgt. Perry who was driving a car. He is a US Soldier driving ride share for extra money and had a TX CHL.  Pulls his gun & shoots Commie with AK-47.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Now-that-KR-has-been-acquitted-time-for-the-Austin-sgt-to-be-acquitted-next/5-2507374/

Total misjustice, as Austin Police Department Detective said the DA pressured him to alter his testimony so it wouldn't benefit the Defendant in the Grand Jury hearing.   Dick Head DA took 12 months to finally land a Grand Jury Indictment for Murder.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#42]
jogger was first class dirt bag

but the fellas did not kill him out of legit self defense, so I guess by that metric they are guilty.  Doesnt mean they didnt do the world a favor though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bad shoot, good verdict.
View Quote

This.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

These prizes will last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#44]
If it wasnt for the video, could they have talked their way out od it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ya know he was former Coast Guard right? Just sayin.
View Quote

And that has what to do with it?  Exactly, not a fucking thing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Murder charge for neighbor in car, is RIDICULOUS...Interesting, you can just be standing on the street corner talkin' smack to your bro, see the cops and decide to start running and they can pursue you and stop you.

Illinois v. Wardlow, 528 U.S. 119, 124-25 (2000). - A person's flight in a high crime area after seeing police was sufficient for reasonable suspicion to stop and frisk
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can, just for a damned far sight more than what Arbery may/not have done, and certainly not for what they claim they witnessed.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your shit's all fucked up here. None of this occurred.
View Quote

They didn't have to follow him and they didn't have to try to block him in. He clearly was not trying to engage with them and they initiated contact.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bad shoot, good verdict.
View Quote

This. Fuck those inbred retards.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
"hey boy, watch yew doin' sitting in your car!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7o_6uI9R0
View Quote

Well that was interesting.  Those guys seemed nice.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top