Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/24/2021 7:32:17 PM EDT
I did not follow this trial.  I hear the three defendants were found guilty.  Did they get the shaft or did the jury do the right thing?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I did not follow this trial.  I hear the three defendants were found guilty.  Did they get the shaft or did the jury do the right thing?
View Quote

I didnt follow it either, I vaguely remember a video of a black guy running around a truck or something. Anywho, seems most everyone thinks the verdict was correct.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad shoot, good verdict.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Guilty AF.

Way to perpetuate the stereotype of a good Ole boy network that declined an investigation for months.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Can’t tell, looks like a burglar was casing constructions, ex cop and son followed him, tried to detain, Aubry tried to disarm the son/father?, then during the tussle over the weapon, Aubry was shot.

Civilians can’t detain, that’s the focus I think.

I didn’t watch it either….
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't want to catch a murder charge? Don't go chasing down some random dude and then shoot him dead, no matter what you think he might have done.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
American out exercising.  Three gang bangers attacked and murdered victim.

Good conviction.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guilty AF.

Way to perpetuate the stereotype of a good Ole boy network that declined an investigation for months.

View Quote

State investigators should shove a telescope up the ass of anyone involved before charges were finally filed.  There's several more people that deserve prison over this case.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Aside from them getting like 5 counts of murder each...for one dead guy...it was a good verdict.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I think most of the posts' nail it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

State investigators should shove a telescope up the ass of anyone involved before charges were finally filed.  There's several more people that deserve prison over this case.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Guilty seemed correct from what I watched in the trial.

I don't buy the "jogger" story though, not that it excuses the retards that chased him down.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
It is not their job to enforce the law, "if you see something, say something," report them to the local PD, the PD is paid to investigate stuff like this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#15]
But trespass and smash a window, get executed by a capitol cop is ok though...
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can’t tell, looks like a burglar was casing constructions, ex cop and son followed him, tried to detain, Aubry tried to disarm the son/father?, then during the tussle over the weapon, Aubry was shot.

Civilians can’t detain, that’s the focus I think.

I didn’t watch it either….
View Quote

Clearly.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried watching parts of the trial.

Seems like the 3 guys came under the influence of internet Facebook Karen's chatting online who didn't like black folks walking around their nice homes.
Now....maybe the dead guy was up to no good. And had shown some questionable behavior before.
But those 3 guys went out of their way to make sure something happened.
And it didn't go their way.
Looked like a bad shoot to me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't want to catch a murder charge? Don't go chasing down some random dude and then shoot him dead, no matter what you think he might have done.
View Quote

I would think that would have a lot to do with being convicted.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#19]
There are a few members who think it’s a bad verdict (wonder why) but most people agree it’s a good verdict.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Shooting a black guy and then throwing the n word about like you are sowing seed in a field doesn't play well. Basically every stereotype on display all the way around. Possibly could have been a not good but not illegal shoot if they had done a few things differently and not sounded like a klan rally.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Assholes doing asshole shit. Mind your own fuckin business. Rednecks don't become heros killing mentally challenged people for property crimes. They become convicts.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Basically if you provoke a confrontation, then use lethal force to settle it, you cannot claim self-defense. It's an important part of the CCW classroom training in SC. Guess those guys banked on the Georgia citizens arrest law (now repealed). Even that law required the person arresting to witness a crime. The guys that didn't pull the trigger will appeal for lesser sentencing.  The shooter will spend the best part of his remaining life in the Greybar hotel.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Idiot, low IQ rednecks that cold blooded killed a guy.  

Hope they have a terrible time in prison and are ass raped every day of the rest of their life, especially the ex cop.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not sure they would have been prosecuted if the third guy hadn't posted the video. I think his lawyer at the time might have suggested it
View Quote

Shooting at him when they did not have to engage and  continuing to chase him after he fled is not super defensible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#28]
The Mc Michaels were not arrested for 73 days, until state got involved
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#29]
It was a good verdict.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Guilt or innocence were never the issue.

Guilt was determined by the main stream media and woke mob.  Facts never played a part.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I have very mixed feelings.

1. The jogger was casing the construction site, but he did not deserve to be killed.

2. If he was innocent, why did he attack the first idiot.

3. Dont chase random dude and threaten him with a gun

4. Guilty on 5 counts for 1 murder. Uh, can't be dead more than once.

I'll just go with the jury. They saw more evidence than me.

When assholes collide, but don't be the asshole chasing random guy. Call the law. Maybe take his picture.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m not shedding any tears over these assholes getting convicted.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guilty AF.

View Quote

100% this.

Idiots did everything wrong.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It is not their job to enforce the law, "if you see something, say something," report them to the local PD, the PD is paid to investigate stuff like this.
View Quote

fully agree, but as in the case of kyle rittenhouse, we've seen law enforcement decline to actually do stuff in these situations.  

we had a calf stolen several years ago.  happened during a rainstorm.  You could literally follow the tracks from our house to their house,  see the muddy footprints on their steps, and hear the fucking calf in the back of their house.

Police: "what do you want us to do about it? Go have to get a warrant and search the premises? It will take all day and they'll probably just hide it"

seems like a good verdict, the jury knows more than I do, but this case is more than press is telling us.  "Jogger" was a burglar
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Do citizen's arrests ever happen for real? I always thought that only happened on Dragnet etc
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Aside from them getting like 5 counts of murder each...for one dead guy...it was a good verdict.
View Quote

This is kind of my thoughts the more I read about it I think the gist of the verdict is correct but there should be one murder charge for one death.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#37]
The main message from this trial is you should not protect your community from criminals. Especially not black criminals.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#38]
add a poll.

a group of guys went out looking for a fight, did everything they can to find one and ultimately got what they deserved for killing someone who wasn't doing anything wrong. later we find out the guy had a record. this causes GD to REEEEE he could have been casing the place! just like literally anyone walking around outside.

the moral of the story is when you decide you will play judge, jury, and executioner to someone who hasn't done anything wrong, its likely bad things are going to rightfully happen to you
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#39]
From what I've read the jury reached the correct decision.

If anyone thinks they got railroaded it will come out during the appeal process.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The main message from this trial is you should not protect your community from criminals. Especially not black criminals.
View Quote

If your version of protecting your community involves chasing someone down and threatening to kill them based on something you think they did a couple weeks earlier, then yeah, you probably shouldn't protect your community.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

while it was a bad shoot and a good verdict, the above doesnt at all comport with the facts.  please become more familiar with the facts.  this "jogger" narrative is straigh up CNN bullshit.  he was burglarizing a property that (the white guy) had been asked to keep watch on.  this was not the first time.  not a rando, no a jogger.  Still jumped on that good ol boy shit and shouldnt have.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

this.

if we can summarize the last few days court verdicts in a few words- killing white people is Ok, killing black people not ok.  circumstances and facts need not be considered.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#44]
When the story first broke, I REALLY wanted to see it as a self-defense shooting. The more I learned, the less it looked like self-defense. These guys basically went searching for and hunted down a dirtbag who was running away from them.

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#46]
No different than if a store owner shot a shoplifter, not going to end well for anyone involved.
It would appear that there were no saints in this shitshow.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Idiot, low IQ rednecks that cold blooded killed a guy.  

Hope they have a terrible time in prison and are ass raped every day of the rest of their life, especially the ex cop.
View Quote

Ya know he was former Coast Guard right? Just sayin.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Georgia has a good old boy network that will protect you, that's what I took from this incident.

If you shoot someone just call up your buddy the DA and have them bury everything.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the main message from this trial is you should not hunt down people, running away from you and jam a shotgun in their face because you THINK they were up to no good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Georgia has a good old boy network that will protect you, that's what I took from this incident.

If you shoot someone just call up your buddy the DA and have them bury everything.
View Quote

Slow down there NY. Top notch prosecution, guilty verdicts. What got buried?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top