Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/27/2021 5:59:16 AM EDT
Just curious what others think? It not only feels like something of the past, it feels fake. Politically fake.

Don’t label me as a Ted hater but, wth...

It’s on the Trey Trey level.

Before the people that say, we’ll what are you doing come out, the answer is nothing. The only response I have to an illegitimate federal gov is ignore it.

Ted Cruz mocks AOC in CPAC 2021 speech
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Layoff the donuts, he looks a mess.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
He looks more like a televangelist than a political elite.
Oh wait... same thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Did he call us domestic terrorists again?
I used to love Ted. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait, are you telling me a guy who’s been a politician his entire life is acting like a politician?

I mean, if. Ot, maybe I’ll watch a couple minutes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I know some people here don't understand why some of us get upset when people call magazines "clips," but it's because the Left uses language to manipulate people and push their agenda. When Ted Cruz created the "machine gun bacon" video many years ago, I knew right then the guy was a political hack.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Old Cruzco is sure packing on the pounds. And obviously must watch a lot of teevee preachers. He's got the whole thing down pat ~ the mic in one hand, and dramatic sweeping gestures with the other, the pivoting right to left to be inclusive to your vast audience, complete with the cute focus right to the middle for the witty punchlines, the pregnant pauses... fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It’s all so tiresome.  I lasted about 5 minute.  You know I just don’t care what he has to say anymore . I don’t care what any of them say anymore.  I’m not playing.  I’m not interested.  Secure the voting system then get back to me.  Until then I’m going to stay completed unengaged.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]
My faith in Cruz has dropped quite a bit recently.

And not because he went to Cancun for a night.

At least Rand and Massie are still doing their thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Thought it was a mighty fine speech myself.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#10]
All of us loved Ted back when he was chosen to be a litigator if President Trumps case was to be in front of the SC.
That case never transpired but now we hate him
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#11]
FPNI

There are zero decent Republican candidates brewing. They are all nuts.

And WTF Ted got fat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Cruz spoke to a specific audience that in many cases paid thousands of dollars to be in the room to be fed red meat.  He gave them what they wanted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cruz spoke to a specific audience that in many cases paid thousands of dollars to be in the room to be fed red meat.  He gave them what they wanted.
View Quote

People need to remember that if they are public figures that their audience is the entire world not the people in the room.

Ted isn’t as smart as I thought.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Republicans, lol.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#15]
He is a "Dominionist" like his earthly father.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Flyin' Ted
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I don’t have as strict a purity test as many of you with a stick up your ass.

As long as he isn’t AOC, bernie, biden, pelosi, he is as good as we get until someone better comes along.

Why would we tear down some of the most conservative in .gov?
You know who we are gonna get then right??

Pull your heads out of your asses, do what needs to be done and quit bitching about it. We have to support those that align with us (notice I didn’t say exactly like we want them to be?)
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Beaten by almost every post above me. Was going to make the televangelist comparison
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#19]
That's how AOC stares at my weener.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, exactly, he’s a performer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I used to think very highly of Ted but he lost my respect after the Capitol protests. He had the perfect opportunity to say something like "While I must condemn any violence, what did you realistically expect when voting fraud and irregularities have disenfranchised half the country?". Instead he threw those patriots under the bus, just like the rest of 'em.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]
The less attachment and faith you place in politicians, the happier you’ll be.  

Even ones who say the right thing sometimes.

Don’t give a fuck about cancun trip, wacky cpac performance or anything else.  He’s a politician so its not like my opinion of him could get much lower or higher no matter what he does.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I used to think very highly of Ted but he lost my respect after the Capitol protests. He had the perfect opportunity to say something like "While I must condemn any violence, what did you realistically expect when voting fraud and irregularities have disenfranchised half the country?". Instead he threw those patriots under the bus, just like the rest of 'em.
View Quote

I suspect he doesn't want to be president at this point.  I sure wouldn't.

As far as the televangelist thing, he did that act in 2016; I think it's how he tries to appeal broadly to the...people of the land, in the party.  Not saying it works very well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh wait... same thing.
View Quote

Was thinking the same.

He's just getting his backup career started if/when he gets booted out of .gov
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#25]
It was pretty funny.

The core of his speech is that people cant have fun anymore and are not free to do what they want. I liked the speech, but maybe as a GenX I get it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't have as strict a purity test as many of you with a stick up your ass.

As long as he isn't AOC, bernie, biden, pelosi, he is as good as we get until someone better comes along.

Pull your heads out of your asses, do what needs to be done and quit bitching about it. We have to support those that align with us (notice I didn't say exactly like we want them to be?)
View Quote
We LOVE to eat our own.
Conservatives are a bunch of holier than thou hypocrites that love to shit on everyone that doesn't meet all of their self imposed rules.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#27]
GD hates everything. Even puppies.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Holy fuck, take it easy on the burritos ese'.
 Cant stand looking at him, sometimes his tweets are good, or reading transcripts of his interviews, he does ok,  but visually, he's a goofball.

Trump is the only one that has the confidence for public speaking. But then he'd fall short in interviews or debates, and sometimes twitter

They all have strengths and weaknesses,
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not going to bash his speech but it amazes me how anyone thinks that guy gives 1 shit about waiter's, plumber's or people with calloused hands or anyone besides Ted Cruz. I did notice his biggest applause came when he said Donald Trump is going no where, that must have been hard for Ted to hear that one line got the best response.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It’s all so tiresome.  I lasted about 5 minute.  You know I just don’t care what he has to say anymore . I don’t care what any of them say anymore.  I’m not playing.  I’m not interested.  Secure the voting system then get back to me.  Until then I’m going to stay completed unengaged.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I used to be a a Cruzer.

No more.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Chuck Schumer thanks for your help in securing and maintaining a Senate majority.  

Once they flip the Supreme Court, you can pass whatever "secure voter laws" you what, and the Supreme Soviet Court will simply void them and declare them "not fair"
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We LOVE to eat our own.
Conservatives are a bunch of holier than thou hypocrites that love to shit on everyone that doesn't meet all of their self imposed rules.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as he isn't AOC, bernie, biden, pelosi, he is as good as we get until someone better comes along.

Pull your heads out of your asses, do what needs to be done and quit bitching about it. We have to support those that align with us (notice I didn't say exactly like we want them to be?)
We LOVE to eat our own.

I think it's more that "conservatives" are composed of a bunch of groups that are at cross-purposes
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm not going to bash his speech but it amazes me how anyone thinks that guy gives 1 shit about waiter's, plumber's or people with calloused hands or anyone besides Ted Cruz. I did notice his biggest applause came when he said Donald Trump is going no where, that must have been hard for Ted to hear that one line got the best response.
View Quote

How the hell do you people still think Cruz is a NeverTrumper at this point?

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#35]
We have to stop eating our own.

If someone is with us 80% of the time, they are a friend, not an enemy.

Cruz is on our side much more than 80%.  While all of us can find stuff we disagree with him on, and he has his personality nuances (like us all), he is one of the best member of the Senate.  

If he is the nominee in 2024, I will vote for him.  And if not, we need him (and not Beto) in that Senate seat to support the agenda of a President DeSantis or President Noem or whoever.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We LOVE to eat our own.
View Quote

My Vote....My Rules!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Stop eating fatass
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We LOVE to eat our own.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We LOVE to eat our own.

They don’t realize that you don’t have to agree with everyone 100% of the time to support the idea. We have to use those as stepping blocks to get where we want to go. (More conservative)
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Most politicians, besides being traitors, seem to strive for Oscars/Emmys. How the hell do you think they got elected in the first place? They just don't have to pay dues to the Actor's Guild.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Never trust Ted Cruz..............
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Chuck Schumer thanks for your help in securing and maintaining a Senate majority.  

Once they flip the Supreme Court, you can pass whatever "secure voter laws" you what, and the Supreme Soviet Court will simply void them and declare them "not fair"
View Quote

You need a nice yoke and buckets for all that gop water you are carrying.

The closer we get to 2022 and 2024 this is the tired refrain we will be hearing from the gop water-carriers.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh wait... same thing.
View Quote

Yeah.   Guy needs to learn how to cut out the fluff.

From his hair, to his speech.

No sermons.

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You need a nice yoke and buckets for all that gop water you are carrying.

The closer we get to 2022 and 2024 this is the tired refrain we will be hearing from the gop water-carriers.

View Quote

I call you guys the arcfom squad.  Miserable malcontents.  Whining wimps.  I honestly think you guys enjoy losing, since it is easier than winning and actually having to do something.

If conservatives work together, we can have 260 House Seats, 55 Senate seats, and a MAGA president in 2024.  This is infintely better than our starting point in 2016, especially when you consider the USSC is the most conservative in decades.  

And look at the progress we have made.  In past election cycles, the "frontrunners" have been people like Bush, McCain, Bush Jr, Jeb Bush, Rubio, etc... Our frontrunners in 2024 are DeSantis, Paul, and Noem.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How the hell do you people still think Cruz is a NeverTrumper at this point?

View Quote

Where in the world did I say he was a never trumper Also with friends like Ted who in the hell would need enemies.

My comment was geared more towards Mr. Munster wants or wanted to be president gets up on stage with his creepy ass preacher vibe and the best response he got was a comment about Trump. Sorry man I don't get the love for the guy. I think he would do whatever the money people tell him to do and he wouldn't even wipe his mouth afterwards.

But I made no comment what so ever about him being NT'r.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Can we just send him back to Canada?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
100% this. It's like he can't get out of his own way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Where in the world did I say he was a never trumper Also with friends like Ted who in the hell would need enemies.

My comment was geared more towards Mr. Munster wants or wanted to be president gets up on stage with his creepy ass preacher vibe and the best response he got was a comment about Trump. Sorry man I don't get the love for the guy. I think he would do whatever the money people tell him to do and he wouldn't even wipe his mouth afterwards.

But I made no comment what so ever about him being NT'r.
View Quote

While I would vote for him if he is the nominee, I just don't see it happening.  He doesn't have the personality, he has poor political judgement, and he is inside the beltway.  The latter is not a dis-qualifier on its own, but a larger headwind than ever before.  And he is a free-trader, which is a "no go" for the nomination.

Having said that, he is doing a fine job as Senator, and I hope he holds that seat for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#48]
I only listened to a couple minutes.  

Lots of tough talk and lip service + no action.  

I’m not sure he isn’t dug in deep with the DC establishment, so i can’t place my hope in him anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I call you guys the arcfom squad.  Miserable malcontents.  Whining wimps.  I honestly think you guys enjoy losing, since it is easier than winning and actually having to do something.

If conservatives work together, we can have 260 House Seats, 55 Senate seats, and a MAGA president in 2024.  This is infintely better than our starting point in 2016, especially when you consider the USSC is the most conservative in decades.  

And look at the progress we have made.  In past election cycles, the "frontrunners" have been people like Bush, McCain, Bush Jr, Jeb Bush, Rubio, etc... Our frontrunners in 2024 are DeSantis, Paul, and Noem.
View Quote

b.s.

the 'republican' party was complicit with the dems in conducting election fraud and sanctioned the loss of the presidential election to harris/biden, as well as the loss of the 2 georgia senate seats.

there will never be another fair, legitimate election from now on, unless the election fraud is eliminated, and no state is currently pushing anything that will actually correct any of the problems that appeared

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Cruz has gained weight for sure.

I think only those who didn't know him or never followed him would make the televangelist comparisons. As far as I know he has always done that in these settings (friendly audiences) and yes, he has it down to a science. The gestures, the movements, where he looks, his tone of voice, all of that. It's a perfect comparison, but it's not new.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top