Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2020 5:16:20 PM EDT
So I'm wanting to get a good general wheel cleaner that does not etch stuff. What do I want?

Also, I want the best car soap money can buy. Presently use citrus wash and gloss from chem guys, as well as maxi suds. Want something a bit better for bugs and stuck dirt stains. If I can't get it in a soap then what chemical do I buy?

For topcoat i use jet seal followed by collinite 845.

Interior/engine bay I use stoner trim shine and aerospace 303.

How are my choices?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Autogeek has a forum and an online store
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I find that a clay bar and detailing spray works well for getting off bug goop and stuff that soap and water won't.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Griots heavy duty wheel cleaner is good and available at advance auto. Otherwise the sonax or iron-x as a bit pricier option. All should be safe on any wheel. Not sure about dipped or powder coated wheels.

Your soaps are good choices. Chemical Guys makes a bug and tar wash you could try. I've never used it though.

I just use one of the bug sponges or the scrub daddy sponge blocks cut into smaller pieces for bugs using my wash soap bucket. They work great for tar as well with a tar remover like Tar-X.

I would also recommend a synthetic clay like the NanoSkin sponge. Just don't use it in combination with a tar remover. And definitely don't use a tar remover with an actual clay.
The synthetic clay sponges you can use with your wash soap as a lubricant right after you wash as well.

You may also want to look into a chemical decontamination product like CarPro's Iron-X. It will remove the deeply imbedded contamination that not even claying will remove.

Your wax or LSP (last step product) is fine.

I've just been using one of the spray on wash off Si02 "coatings". I have a gallon or so of the McKees's 37 Hydro Blue I'm working through. Makes washing and drying quicker.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Lifter-1  bug&tar or stoner tarminator followed by a wash and wax/sealant.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top