Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2021 3:06:54 PM EDT
Democrats, asserting constitutional authority to set the time, place and manner of federal elections, want national rules they say would make voting more uniform, accessible and fair across the nation.

AP

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Ironic | Palpatine | Star Wars: Episode III
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
. “It’s crazy in America that you still have to navigate an obstacle course to get to the ballot box.”
View Quote

“Easy” shouldn’t be the most important attribute of our election system.  Seriously, it’s shocking simple already.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think this is a bad thing.

Unless Democrats want it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
"
“People just want to be able to cast their vote without it being an ordeal,” said Rep. John Sarbanes, a Democrat from Maryland who is the lead sponsor of the House bill. “It’s crazy in America that you still have to navigate an obstacle course to get to the ballot box.”"

What obstacle course?  You go to the polling center, wait your turn and vote.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Liars
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I think really every person should have their ballot pre-filled as Democrat; then you should have to prove - in a court of law - that you need to have it changed to anything else.

- Democrats
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I’m sure their new standard is going to be only democrat candidates.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Democrats, asserting constitutional authority to set the time, place and manner of federal elections, want national rules they say would make voting more uniform, accessible and fair across the nation.

AP

View Quote

Pre filled ballots for all!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Their definition of "fair" is usually where a shit show turns into a wrecked train loaded with flaming dumpsters.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"
"People just want to be able to cast their vote without it being an ordeal," said Rep. John Sarbanes, a Democrat from Maryland who is the lead sponsor of the House bill. "It's crazy in America that you still have to navigate an obstacle course to get to the ballot box.""

View Quote

Well, I don't know about that. There was traffic. And I had to navigate around the parking lot for an open spot. And then I had to navigate around a wreck right outside the polling place afterwards. It was a great ordeal which made me question the entire election process.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't read all the article, but I assume they are planning to amp up the number of mail in votes.

I'm assuming it's a plan where they mail out millions and millions of ballots, and then we just trust that all they ballots the Dems say will filled out and mailed in are legit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]
The irony is that their own cheating is a legit excuse to create more federal control over the voting laws

Speed
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"
"People just want to be able to cast their vote without it being an ordeal," said Rep. John Sarbanes, a Democrat from Maryland who is the lead sponsor of the House bill. "It's crazy in America that you still have to navigate an obstacle course to get to the ballot box.""

View Quote

It's about a simple as it gets when it comes down to getting the actual human to vote in person.  Everything else is a sham.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Just print the ballots on the back of W-2 forms. That'll be easy peasy to vote then
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Lemme guess, it, in absolutely no way at all, starts with voter ID
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Democrats won't be happy until you can pick up a whole stack of ballots wherever you do your grocery shopping, take them home, and fill out as many or as few as you have the wherewithal to fill out...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
If anything we need more obstacles to keep low information retards from voting; a short multiple question test that you fill out while waiting in line that ask basic questions about the US government and politics would be a great idea as well.  No, I absolutely do not believe that everyone has a right to vote; some are far too stupid to be entrusted with that sort of responsibility.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure why people are saying they don't believe them.  They want to make voting easier, just like this did this past year with mail in ballots.  Having 30 days to check a box and drop an envelope in the mail is a lot easier that waiting until the single election day, driving there, waiting in a line for hours, voting, and then driving home.

It is a common known sales practice the easier you make a process the more engagement you get.  The Democrats nailed that with mail in voting and their results (including the amount of fraud) speak for themselves.  Republicans actively discouraged people from mail in voting, instead telling them to only vote in person on election day the way God intended it to be.

The best explanation of why mail in voting worked so well for the Democrats is this.  Imagine for 30 days you are constantly bombarded with TV and radio ads, web ads, and mailers.  Republicans just had to suffer through them and take no action for those 30 days. The Democrats, for those 30 days, if a single message/ad struck a cord with them had a ballot sitting there that they could fill out and drop in the mail.  From a sales standpoint what the Republicans did was extremely stupid and obviously was going to produce lower results.  

*note: I'm not saying things should be that way but this how everyone knew things were going to be last year and the Republicans shot themselves in the foot in swing states.  The Dems are going to use that to expand mail in voting in the future.  The days of only voting in person on a single day are dead/done.

My view on voting would be only people who pay taxes above the standard deduction or have paid taxes for 30 years should have the right to vote.  Limit the ability for people to pick how the money is spent to those who pay taxes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#21]
They don't want to be outcheated now?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Only a democratic ticket would certainly make it more uniform
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not sure why people are saying they don't believe them.  They want to make voting easier, just like this did this past year with mail in ballots.  Having 30 days to check a box and drop an envelope in the mail is a lot easier that waiting until the single election day, driving there, waiting in a line for hours, voting, and then driving home.

It is a common known sales practice the easier you make a process the more engagement you get.  The Democrats nailed that with mail in voting and their results (including the amount of fraud) speak for themselves.  Republicans actively discouraged people from mail in voting, instead telling them to only vote in person on election day the way God intended it to be.

The best explanation of why mail in voting worked so well for the Democrats is this.  Imagine for 30 days you are constantly bombarded with TV and radio ads, web ads, and mailers.  Republicans just had to suffer through them and take no action for those 30 days. The Democrats, for those 30 days, if a single message/ad struck a cord with them had a ballot sitting there that they could fill out and drop in the mail.  From a sales standpoint what the Republicans did was extremely stupid and obviously was going to produce lower results.  

*note: I'm not saying things should be that way but this how everyone knew things were going to be last year and the Republicans shot themselves in the foot in swing states.  The Dems are going to use that to expand mail in voting in the future.  The days of only voting in person on a single day are dead/done.

My view on voting would be only people who pay taxes above the standard deduction or have paid taxes for 30 years should have the right to vote.  Limit the ability for people to pick how the money is spent to those who pay taxes.
View Quote

You are making the assumption that mail in votes will be counted fairly. That's a big assumption.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Howdy!
Former “bit twiddler” (programmer!and security tester).

There ain’t nothing “secure”.  Even with my brain damage, I see the trail I only the stuff that has been made public about “the steel”... the doors are many, but it is all “code”...  

Once you “read” someone’s code you can learn their thought process... especially when they are trying to secret code sequence. The “gloating” machines and the code process is rudimentary, but bold and arrogant..

P.S... with “smart” Electricity Meters they can tell when you turn on your foot massager.

Just be “aware”

Peace thru strength, Strength through wisdom.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Translation: they want to make their fraud easier to perpetrate.

I would like to see federal election standards. Like ID requirements, bipartisan poll watching, secure voting machines, authentication requirements for absentee ballots instead of just mailing to random addresses, etc.

Somehow I don't think they want anything close to that.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They don't want to be outcheated now?
View Quote

The opposite.  They will push for universal mail in ballots, meaning every person on the voter rolls is automatically mailed a ballot and of course no signature verification will be required.  That way they can harvest all the ballots from people, including the dead.  

Cleaning up the voter rolls is a very difficult process.  Unless notified it takes a state a minimum of 10 years to remove someone from the rolls.  In my state they had a list of 220,000 names that needed to be removed, the Democrats sued and stopped the clean up.  Many states have not cleaned up their rolls in over 20 years.  Everyone on record would be sent a ballot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think really every person should have their ballot pre-filled as Democrat; then you should have to prove - in a court of law - that you need to have it changed to anything else.

- Democrats
View Quote

Pretty much
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You are making the assumption that mail in votes will be counted fairly. That's a big assumption.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With universal mail in voting and the Dems ballot harvesting scheme they used in Georgia, there would be no reason to cheat when counting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Liars
View Quote

This.  Leftist liars!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Howdy!
Former "bit twiddler" (programmer!and security tester).

There ain't nothing "secure".  Even with my brain damage, I see the trail I only the stuff that has been made public about "the steel"... the doors are many, but it is all "code"...  

Once you "read" someone's code you can learn their thought process... especially when they are trying to secret code sequence. The "gloating" machines and the code process is rudimentary, but bold and arrogant..

P.S... with "smart" Electricity Meters they can tell when you turn on your foot massager.

Just be "aware"

Peace thru strength, Strength through wisdom.
View Quote
Does this make sense to anyone else? Or does one have to drop acid first?

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Translation: they want to make their fraud easier to perpetrate.

I would like to see federal election standards. Like ID requirements, bipartisan poll watching, secure voting machines, authentication requirements for absentee ballots instead of just mailing to random addresses, etc.

Somehow I don't think they want anything close to that.

View Quote

100% accurate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

- Democrats
View Quote

And in doing so you prove you’re a domestic terrorist that needs sent to the re-education camps. It is win/win.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Translation of the article would be, getting rid of in-person voting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Mandating Dominion voting machines at all polling locations in every state, every town.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
People used to walk, ride horses, take trains, etc to vote.  All of a sudden, riding public transportation to a polling location is an obstacle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

With universal mail in voting and the Dems ballot harvesting scheme they used in Georgia, there would be no reason to cheat when counting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time for some Republican vote harvesting. Since conservatives tend to have a better work ethic, I imagine they would be better at “getting out the vote”.

200% voter turn out for every state!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
People used to walk, ride horses, take trains, etc to vote.  All of a sudden, riding public transportation to a polling location is an obstacle.
View Quote

Only a domestic terrorist would say this.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I think it would be fair for Democrat politicians to just "estimate" how the voters would vote if they actually would have voted.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Universal mail-in ballots. And then when red districts start having the same kind of unusually high voter registration/turn out, they'll sick the FBI on those election officials. They'll throw a bunch in jail while never casting a glance at the obvious abuse and fraud occurring in the inner cities.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

“Easy” shouldn’t be the most important attribute of our election system.  Seriously, it’s shocking simple already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
. “It’s crazy in America that you still have to navigate an obstacle course to get to the ballot box.”

you have to accommodate the lazy and inept. And there is always fraud. Just part and parcel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Time for some Republican vote harvesting. Since conservatives tend to have a better work ethic, I imagine they would be better at “getting out the vote”.

200% voter turn out for every state!
View Quote

It really IS our duty to do so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Convenient now that Republicans are set to gerrymander more states than Dems.

A federal change should require a Constitutional amendment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Doesn't matter. It's who counts the votes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Here in Georgia had complaints that it was too difficult to vote. And this was in Democrat run counties. The Republicans always won when you had to show Id. As soon as the democrats got it to where you didn't have to show or prove any Id to vote by mail, they won. Very interesting
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Permanent democratic majorities in every state.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#46]
You guys realize they mean Dominion in every location, month long voting plus everyone gets a ballot mailed to them and no citizenship or ID proof required.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#47]

If we thought the fix was in before, it really will be now. Voting has become an even bigger waste of time than standing in line at the DMV.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#48]
The lunatics have taken over the asylum
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]
In November, they were quick to defend states like PA changing their election rules on the fly without legislative involvement, reminding everyone that the states have total control over how they run their elections.
But now that they control the entire federal government, they think it'll be better if the federal government controls everything?

Hmm. Who could've seen that coming?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
We want elections to be uniform, accessible and fair:

Uniform and accessible to all, including noncitizens and those who want to vote 20 times = fair.

Signed,
DNC.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top