Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/25/2021 6:29:03 PM EDT
https://nationalfile.com/democrat-patrick-leahy-to-preside-over-trump-impeachment-trial-instead-of-chief-justice-roberts/

This tells me the Dems knew better than to even bother approaching Chief Justice John Roberts with this sham, knowing he'd refuse to preside over it.

What a farce.  The US is now officially a Banana Republic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Roberts is a sham.  He hates President Trump and is a RINO appointed by a RINO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Roberts is a sham.  He hates President Trump and is a RINO appointed by a RINO.
View Quote
Irrelevant.  No "impeachment" has ever NOT had the Chief Justice presiding.

Please tell me how partisan hack Leahy is any better.  lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Schumer will get the hint that winning a conviction is near impossible and forget the whole fucking thing.  Not likely of course, but the whole thing is a pure, revenge seeking scam.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
When they are done with impeachment they will segue into treason. Trump will regret not crossing the Rubicon when he had the chance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard they found out Roberts said he would not preside since Trump isn’t president and the trial was moot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I heard they found out Roberts said he would not preside since Trump isn’t president and the trial was moot.
View Quote
I'm sure he did.  I hadn't heard that, but it makes sense.  Even Roberts knows when enough is enough in terms of really destroying one's reputation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Article 1, Section 3, Clauses 6 and 7

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried the Chief Justice shall preside; And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgement in Cases of Impreachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and Punishment, according to Law.
View Quote

Seems to me, no Chief Justice = unconstitutional impeachment.

Not that that matters.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Should have just put AOC in charge of the kangaroo court.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s the Constitution say?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Now everyone can see it's b*******
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Let the liquor do the thinking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When they are done with impeachment they will segue into treason. Trump will regret not crossing the Rubicon when he had the chance.
View Quote

A lot of people looking at decades in jail for daring to embarrass Pelosi are regretting they didn't as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not that that matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried the Chief Justice shall preside; And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgement in Cases of Impreachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and Punishment, according to Law.

Not that that matters.

Hell, our president is the guy who lost the election. Nothing matters anymore. They do what they want and no one stands up to them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry but what's the constitutional justification for having an impeachment trial for someone that is a private citizen now?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do any of them care? They think its an impediment to their power.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I posted in a dupe thread, that if Roberts did not show up and take his place (displacing anyone sitting there), then we have crossed the threshold.  It is impossible to read the Constitution any other way, impossible to twist what is plainly prescribed.
View Quote

Right, lol, *that's* the threshold...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not that that matters.
View Quote

Seems to me impeachment proceedings against a former president = unconstitutional bullshit.

Not that it matters to scumbag democrats.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where do they derive the constitutional authority to appoint anyone else to preside over this? It's the chief justice's exclusive duty to preside over an impeachment trial. He could/should throw this out because it applies strictly to a sitting president, not a former one.

Roberts should be removed for refusing to fullfill his obligation. Tar & feather the rest.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

who was going to cross it with him?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope no-one shows up. Just the Dems and Ben Sasse.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I posted in a dupe thread, that if Roberts did not show up and take his place (displacing anyone sitting there), then we have crossed the threshold.  It is impossible to read the Constitution any other way, impossible to twist what is plainly prescribed.
View Quote

They seem to be arguing both sides of the position.  He's not the President and therefore the Chief Justice shouldn't preside, but they want to use the penalty for a sitting president at the same time.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Roberts kinda has a conflict in that the SCOTUS is probably going to be in the position to decide if congress has any authority to convict a private citizen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not that that matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not that that matters.

Trump is not the current president, though he is the rightful president.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Imagine a foreign communist power institutes a puppet american government and that government does exactly the opposite of what the US Constitution says.

50 years ago we would have nuked half the planet for much less.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Can't impeach a private citizen, and as far as I know, Trump is a private citizen once again.  If they really wanted to impeach him, they shouldn't have stolen the election.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Where do they derive the constitutional authority to appoint anyone else to preside over this? It's the chief justice's exclusive duty to preside over an impeachment trial. He could/should throw this out because it applies strictly to a sitting president, not a former one.

Roberts should be removed for refusing to fullfill his obligation. Tar & feather the rest.
View Quote
If the Republicans had any balls they'd walk out of the chamber if Roberts doesn't preside.
The Constitution is very clear.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Insanity
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Yet another shining example of our duly elected members of Congress wasting our tax dollars
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#33]
It’s a kangaroo court.

You can’t impeach a private citizen and the Chief Justice is constitutionally required to preside.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Arfcom Lawyers:

Could Trump sue the involed's personal esate for holding an illegal trial/if they claim he was convivted?
View Quote

Not a lawyer, but no, legislators are immune from being questioned about their official acts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#35]
OPNI banana republic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Let them waste their time. Less fucking of us will occur.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not that that matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not that that matters.

Seems to me that you stop before the Chief Justice part in this case. FJB is President of the United States.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Amazing. There are now multiple layers of farce.

We're really chugging right along into the depths of looney-land aren't we.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#39]
They need two thirds of the senate votes to convict.  The question is how many rinos can they get to vote with them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is an irrelevant question in post-constitutional CCP controlled Amerika.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Donald John Trump is no longer the sitting President.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It’s a kangaroo court.
You can’t impeach a private citizen and the Chief Justice is constitutionally required to preside.
View Quote

Absolutely this.

Let's hear more about how we all need to "Unify", while we hold an unconstitutional impeachment trial, presided over by someone who CLEARLY cannot be impartial with respect to the defendant,  not to mention not legally allowed to preside -- all because of our blinding TrumpHate.  

Since the Constitution no longer matters, I truly don't know why they even bother with a 'trial' and just don't go directly to proclaiming a "verdict" and issuing their punishment. Honestly.  It wouldn't be any worse.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Donald John Trump is no longer the sitting President.

View Quote

Which is why the proceedings are no longer timely.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Irrelevant.  No "impeachment" has ever NOT had the Chief Justice presiding.

Please tell me how partisan hack Leahy is any better.  lol
View Quote

Leahy can preside because Trump is no longer a sitting president. If he were still in office, a Chief Justice would preside.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Theatre.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#46]
They know that they have no legal means of impeaching DJT.  This is all a sham show, like judge judy.  The will "convict" with 51 votes and the media will proclaim that DJT has been "impeached"! It will have no legal basis but that's irrelevant. 50% of the people in the country will accept that he was convicted.  The other 50% will just be one step closer to the inevitable conclusion.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sorry but what's the constitutional justification for having an impeachment trial for someone that is a private citizen now?
View Quote

Happened in 1876 when an official in Grants administration resigned. He was subsequently impeached.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not that that matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not that that matters.

It is not a Constitutional impeachment of a President without the Chief Justice presiding over a trial of a sitting President, and even Roberts knows that. He's not going to be dragged into playing silly reindeer games with the radical left.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

We crossed that threshold a long long time ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, that speaks volumes about their Constitutional standing doesn't it.

In my opinion the Impeachment is a critical strategic error of epic proportions on the part of the Democrats in the Senate, but so be it.  The more time they spend on such a farce the less time they have to dedicate themselves to other efforts that might actually impact my life.  It will further divide this nation and increase partisan divisions in the Congress.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top