Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/24/2021 12:53:37 PM EDT
Delta CEO says airline will permanently ban passengers 'who refuse to display basic civility'

Bad behavior doesn’t fly at Delta.

The CEO of Delta Air Lines has announced that the carrier will permanently ban passengers who disrespect fellow customers or crew.

CEO Ed Bastian laid down the law in a memo sent to employees Friday, and shared with Fox News. The executive revealed that the airline has already added over 800 people to its no-fly list for refusing to wear mandatory face masks during travel, along with news of the company's latest policy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
This really needs to happen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Delta CEO says airline will permanently ban passengers 'who refuse to display basic civility'

The CEO of Delta Air Lines has announced that the carrier will permanently ban passengers who disrespect fellow customers or crew.

CEO Ed Bastian laid down the law in a memo sent to employees Friday, and shared with Fox News. The executive revealed that the airline has already added over 800 people to its no-fly list for refusing to wear mandatory face masks during travel, along with news of the company's latest policy.
View Quote

Good. You don’t have a right to fly and I’m tired of seeing / hearing / smelling the gutter trash and hood rats that are on flights.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
So are the folk who get in fights on planes added to this list as well? I don’t care. I fly as little as possible.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Un huh.  Until a protected person of a certain ethnicity acts like a ghetto goblin, the airline throws him/her/them off the plane and he/she/they claim racism.

THEN The CEO will issue an apology
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Un huh.  Until a protected person of a certain ethnicity acts like a ghetto goblin, the airline throws him/her/them off the plane and he/she/they claim racism.

View Quote

yep

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Or just drive and f delta.  I have a ton of miles with them, but their left-wing politics are a no-go now.  Driving just takes more time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ohh yes, and who decides what’s “civil” ?
And once they apply that standard there, it will move on to the next target, then the next.........
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
will be deemed racist and no longer allowed shortly after implementation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotta keep the MAGA hat wearers and people who dare to take their mask off for a second to breathe in check.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good. You don’t have a right to fly and I’m tired of seeing / hearing / smelling the gutter trash and hood rats that are on flights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the demographic that he is targeting.

It is the MAGA hat wearing "U.S.A.!" chanters.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

LMAO.

Those are not the people that will be getting kicked off.   Almost gaurantee it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Or just drive and f delta.  I have a ton of miles with them, but their left-wing politics are a no-go now.  Driving just takes more time.
View Quote

Driving some places isn't allowed right because of covid but flying is. Not sure how that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Does basic civility include social credit?  Supporting open borders and gay marriage on FB?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thier business thier rules rihht5?

Excpet that airlines are heavily regulated by the State. They can do whatever they want - so long as a government employee says they can.

Its a puzzle.

Will you also applaud when people are banned frim the roads cause you don't have a right to drive?

I think you will.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gotta keep the MAGA hat wearers and people who dare to take their mask off for a second to breathe in check.
View Quote
I'm interested in what the smaller, rural area people can do if they are denied a flight because of the MAGA hat.  In a lot of smaller airports, there's only one flight or one that goes to a particular area.  So if you are denied based on a political belief but your behavior is in accordance with what they say (sans the pure act of wearing a hat they don't like), this could be quite the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Is this the same no fly list they want to use to keep you from buying a gun?  So taking your mask off on a plane can make you lose your right to own a firearm?  If it’s not the same list, I bet it will be soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LMAO.

Those are not the people that will be getting kicked off.   Almost gaurantee it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO.

Yup.

Gotta start setting the precedent, so our unofficial social credit-score can be taken into account!

No flight for you, if you didn't say "Orangeman Bad" enough times on social media.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Excpet that airlines are heavily regulated by the State. They can do whatever they want - so long as a government employee says they can.

Its a puzzle.

Will you also applaud when people are banned frim the roads cause you don't have a right to drive?

I think you will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a puzzle.

I think you will.

Makes you wonder
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except they wont be the ones getting banned, its too risky due to political correctness. You on the other hand can get banned and no one will care.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Does this include basic hygiene or morbid obesity violating the space of an adjacent seat?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And once they apply that standard there, it will move on to the next target, then the next.........
View Quote

Then dont fly, easy...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So are the folk who get in fights on planes added to this list as well? I don’t care. I fly as little as possible.
View Quote

As long as it’s applied equally (it won’t be) I can’t complain much
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Delta should issue a social credit score
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
How do they define that?

If I wear a Trump hat and someone has a fit.
Am I refusing to display basic civility or are they?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then dont fly, easy...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then dont fly, easy...

And this is why we’re where we are, all too easy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#28]
That should have been their policy all along.

Last thing I need is to be trapped in a pressurized tube for three hours with a bunch of animals that think they're at a Tyler Perry movie.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Let me guess "basic civility" includes me giving up my first class seat for the first black person I see that is stuck in coach?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you honestly feel this will be applied equally? You don't think the first poc that gets booted isn't gonna have crump and crew on the news circuit trying to get paid?

Please
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

"This policy disproportionately effects minorities as ethnic behaviors and norms are subjective. Delta's policies are clearly based on white ethno-centric norms and fail to account for the inherent oppressiveness of these norms and our own nations oppressive history when applied to people of color."

Or some shit like that...

TLDR; I'm learning their ways so that I can fake my way out of going to camp
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pfft. You’ve never been on a flight with me.

I once took a Spirit flight from Detroit to Vegas. That was the rowdiest crowd I’ve ever seen in the sky. Lots of open liquor and vape pens. It would have been fun if I wasn’t flying in for a funeral.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's NOT who they are talking about.

They're talking about Trump voters who called out mitt romney and Lindsay graham on their bullshit

Anti fa, hood rats and actual criminals still welcome
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good. You don't have a right to fly and I'm tired of seeing / hearing / smelling the gutter trash and hood rats that are on flights.
View Quote
You think this is about them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Let me guess "basic civility" includes me giving up my first class seat for the first black person I see that is stuck in coach?
View Quote

In-flight reparations.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

As long as it’s applied equally (it won’t be) I can’t complain much
View Quote

Equality is so 1960s.

Equitable is what you’re looking for. They’ll ban passengers based in race to make up for historic injustices, and let rage those who have “been deprived of their voice and left unheard.”

Or something.

And let employees wear pins on their uniforms, while working, expressing solidarity with an avowed marxist racial identity group.

Honestly, Delta fucking sucks as an airline these days anyway, all of that aside. My wife and I used their platinum amex for over a decade but just shitcanned it. The miles needed, restrictions on the companion ticket, schedule changes ... it’s all so tiresome. Amex Gold and Chase Sapphire FTW.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Four years of relentless press and political debasement has led to this “lack of civility”.  I’d like to remind him you reap what you sow.  Keep letting people know you aren’t listening and it will get louder.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Not sure how anybody on this site could support this.

This is about masks (stop for a moment and think about the absurdity of wearing a mask as being labeled "basic civility") and right-leaning politics.

The purge continues.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#41]
American for the win
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LMAO.

View Quote

One cannot demonstrate basic civility if they wear a MAGA hat on a plane. Oh the civility!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
American for the win
View Quote

American is woke as fuck, too. BLM pins for employees while working.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's some big brain logic right there...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#45]
From what i've seen.....

There are going to be a lot of brothers and sistas walking  

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not sure how anybody on this site could support this.

This is about masks (stop for a moment and think about the absurdity of wearing a mask as being labeled "basic civility") and right-leaning politics.

The purge continues.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's not the demographic that he is targeting.

It is the MAGA hat wearing "U.S.A.!" chanters.
View Quote

Yep, wake up. Delta is going to herd you in that boxcar, if you so much look at a flight attendant wrong or down pull down your mask to take a sip of water they’ll cancel you.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is referring to conservatives.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Let see, out of 800 passengers that have been added to the no fly list. How many are repeat flyers?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top