Posted: 1/17/2021 9:57:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/NNsG1IW.jpg

Why do FFLs need badges?
View Quote

Backstory?

MA has all kinds of dumbshit gun laws, I assume dealers are exempt from most of them. MA is also full of Karens and snitches. Stupid as it is to have such a badge, I’m guessing it’s intended to preempt problems.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Massachusetts
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no indication that is a Massachusetts thing. It appears to be the FFL equivalent of those douchey CCW badges and was made for a guy from Mass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
the DA and ADA's can get badges in PA, but they have to pay for them.

Although, that at least makes sense since they are technically law enforcement, but ya...an FFL badge seems like gun counter employee wet dream stuff

Speed
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Huh, I've never seen that before. I've also never heard any of the FFLs that I know mention them. I don't think that's really a thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Massachusetts
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Are cops exempt from the 10 round cap is masshole like they are in Californiaistan?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are cops exempt from the 10 round cap is masshole like they are in Californiaistan?

View Quote

They are exempt from the awb, even after they retire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I had an FFL while living in MA during the 90s. We didn't need no stinking badges. Some idiot probably had it made if the pic isn't photoshopped.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if someone had it made to calm down Karens in a liberal state when they were transporting guns?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought they could keep their normal capacity duty magazines only if the PD officially gave them to the LEO at retirement. That's not the case?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#13]
This is not fair. I want a badge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wonder if someone had it made to calm down Karens in a liberal state when they were transporting guns?
View Quote

That’s exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought they could keep their normal capacity duty magazines only if the PD officially gave them to the LEO at retirement. That's not the case?
View Quote

As far as I know they are exempt. That could have changed or I could have been given bad information but as far as I know they can have whatever they want.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My understanding is that the Mass AWB is a copy of the Clinton AWB.
View Quote

Depends on the interpretation of it, it can change on the whim of the state AG
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, with no sunset. And an AG who has more recently attempted to (illegally) claim that postban compliant guns are covered by it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Respect muh 4473!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know they are exempt. That could have changed or I could have been given bad information but as far as I know they can have whatever they want.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131M

The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I sent that pic to a cop/ffl that I know and his response was "wtf is that hahaha". Safe to say it's not a real thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Looks like a was given bad information, not that it's likely to be enforced.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Ma. Is a throughly corrupt state, the laws as they are here are just suggestions that the officials use here to control things
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#26]
The Spirit of America

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So a MA cop can only keep mags from the agency, they can't buy their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131M

The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement.

So a MA cop can only keep mags from the agency, they can't buy their own.

And LEOSA is subject to mag cap limits.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I want this badge.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Stupid MA Gun Laws = Exhibit A:

I have a MA Non Res Carry License (I have had it for about 15 years). I live in a neighboring state but conduct business in MA.

MA gun stores cannot sell me ammo. They can only sell ammo to MA residence.

I can walk into a MA gun store, show them my state carry license, my MA State carry license (issued by the MA Dept. of Public Safety), and the response will be:

For a counter person or store owner to quickly grab the ammo boxes off the counter, and be sternly told (sneered at), that unless you have a MA FID card and you live in MA, "NO AMMO FOR YOU!".
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LEOSA has always been subject to mag and AWB limits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And LEOSA is subject to mag cap limits.
LEOSA has always been subject to mag and AWB limits.

Didn’t know that leosa was limited to mag restrictions. That’s gotta be a real pain in the ass if you travel a lot.

I carry (legally) in both MD and VA pretty much daily. Not on leosa. Not having to worry about mag limits is nice. Or not having to fear getting jammed up for carrying a standard capacity magazine, at least.

Saw a g19x 10rd mag in a MD shop the other day. Such a waste
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very possible this.

You would be surprised at the three things that seem to calm Karens and Kens down.

1. A badge. I once flashed a (no shit) Post Toasties Junior G-man badge at someone once years ago and they settled right down.

2. An official looking uniform. Doesn't have to be a LEO or .mil just something that LOOKS OFFICIAL.

3. Last but not least, the Official short sleeved white shirt, dark tie, pocket protector, dark slacks and the amazing CLIPBOARD. You can pass yourself off as any kind of non LEO/.mil official.

The same Karens that would get upset over some guy carrying a Daisy Red Ryder down the street will feel safe and secure seeing someone in a badge, uniform or both walking down the street carrying an M-60.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Between this and the school crossing guard badge/sash thread you must be trolling ebay for some kind of badge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#36]
They don’t.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Between this and the school crossing guard badge/sash thread you must be trolling ebay for some kind of badge.
View Quote

I doubt it. IIRC the OP is a retired cop of some sort. He's likely have all the badges he wanted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#38]
It is kind of weird how Massachusetts flies under the radar as probably the worst state in America.

Everyone is so busy shitting on CA and NY all the time, MA hardly comes up.  Yet the laws are just as bad and the people are even worse in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is kind of weird how Massachusetts flies under the radar as probably the worst state in America.

Everyone is so busy shitting on CA and NY all the time, MA hardly comes up.  Yet the laws are just as bad and the people are even worse in my opinion.
View Quote

I'm from mass, I hate this liberal hellhole and can't wait to leave. That said, its definitely better than NY and probably better than CA as far as guns go. You can get around almost all of the bullshit if you are willing to pay a bit more.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm from mass, I hate this liberal hellhole and can't wait to leave. That said, its definitely better than NY and probably better than CA as far as guns go. You can get around almost all of the bullshit if you are willing to pay a bit more.
View Quote

It does seem there are workarounds, or FFLs willing to be creative.

I always put in my FS ads that I'm willing to ship to ban states and I've shipped to MA more than a few times but they did have some unusual requests to help them get around the BS.

I think to beat the handgun roster and trigger pull requirement some FFLs are transferring just the frames, for instance.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#41]
i don't know what a bullet button is
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how it works here
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It does seem there are workarounds, or FFLs willing to be creative.

I always put in my FS ads that I'm willing to ship to ban states and I've shipped to MA more than a few times but they did have some unusual requests to help them get around the BS.

I think to beat the handgun roster and trigger pull requirement some FFLs are transferring just the frames, for instance.
View Quote

There are also a lot of cops who are exempt from the handgun roster that have a habit of buying new glocks and then deciding they don't like them after a week without even taking them to the range and then selling them for 800 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There are also a lot of cops who are exempt from the handgun roster that have a habit of buying new glocks and then deciding they don't like them after a week without even taking them to the range and then selling them for 800 bucks.
View Quote

and as of late the Feds have prosecuted a few.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Common in CA too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like it would be easy to get caught doing that with the way MA tracks private sales.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Seems like it would be easy to get caught doing that with the way MA tracks private sales.
View Quote

They only prosecute to make a point or to get back at someone, keep your head down and it won't be cut off (usually), we are all guilty of something in ma.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#48]
im still waiting to get pulled over for having my ball hitch in the receiver
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is not fair. I want a badge.
View Quote

https://maxarmory.com/collections/custom-engraved-badges

There used to be a few places advertised in the back of gun mags long ago
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top