Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2021 12:45:00 AM EDT

I have a buddy in Kentucky who started using this and says he’s been putting it on everything.

Does anyone else have experience with it? Seems kinda expensive at $30 for two 20oz bottles.

Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I didn't like it. To us it had an off taste. I don't really know how to describe it other than stale.
We use Everglades seasoning.
Edit: spelling.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
idk, but i'm looking for a seasoning for boston butt. I like carolina style bbq but haven't found anything that fits the bill.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Y'all need to try some of these folks rubs and injections.

Talk Texan BBQ

You can thank me later.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a lot of Suzie Q.  Friends of mine are from Santa Maria CA and it is used there on all forms of BBQ quite extensively.

Killer Hogs AP is very similar to the Suzie Q with a finer grind:

What OP posted had lemon peel and orange peel in the ingredients.  That gives me pause.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of these kind of products have more or less the same ingredients in them. Onion powder, garlic powder, celery seed,  paprika, cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne, sugar. You get the idea. Make small batches & keep notes on the amounts. It doesn't take long to get the custom blend that you like. You can also use something like Season All or Lawry's Seasoned salt in place of regular salt in your blend. Maybe even use a bit of chile powder. Throw in a pinch of sage and thyme for poultry, maybe some oregano for pork, and some marjoram for beef. Give it a try, I bet you already have most of these items in your spice rack.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of these kind of products have more or less the same ingredients in them. Onion powder, garlic powder, celery seed,  paprika, cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne, sugar. You get the idea. Make small batches & keep notes on the amounts. It doesn't take long to get the custom blend that you like. You can also use something like Season All or Lawry's Seasoned salt in place of regular salt in your blend. Maybe even use a bit of chile powder. Throw in a pinch of sage and thyme for poultry, maybe some oregano for pork, and some marjoram for beef. Give it a try, I bet you already have most of these items in your spice rack.
View Quote
I agree that it ain't rocket surgery...but in this time of 'instant gratification' most have neither the time nor the inclination to be bothered working on a recipe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top