Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/22/2021 3:36:20 PM EDT
Skin and bones. No collar. Has eaten 2 cooked chicken thighs, 1 peanut butter sandwich, and 2 bowls of dog food.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bittersweet update:

Wife posted on Facebook; no one is claiming. We live in a semi rural area ... may have wandered off or been a drop off.

Some neighbors really wanted her and came and got her tonight. They are on a few acres and have plenty of chickens for the doggy to chomp on.

"Lucy" (daughter named her) will be a quarter mile up the road and be very happy.

eta:  Out sheepdog poodle mix (9 mo; not yet neutered) was all up in her business fwiw  ... not ready for all that yet

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Pit.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yours now. Looks happy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no dog expert but it looks a breed of peace (a pit bull.) Cute pup.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on new Dag OP
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Mutt
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Pit bull mix.
Cute little guy.
Hope you live through the night.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Pit mix
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Pit looks child deficit
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
In before "hide yo kids, hide yo wife"?

Congrats on the new dog
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#11]
... he's grateful you fed him
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Color matched with his larger buddy. Well done.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going with yours OP
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Child eating dog of war. Hide grandmom and small children.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Hide the kids
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Some kind of chihuahua/Pomeranian mix?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
get it checked out by a vet asap.

ideally you should not let it around your other dogs. My GF is a vet and see stuff like this all the time where the "stray" is carrying all kinds of diseases in fungal stuff in their lungs and spreads it to your other pets.

so what you feel like doing is a good thing it may cost you high vet bills or losing one of your other pets taking one in off the street without stopping at the vet's office first
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a hungry pit mix.

We gave a brindle one like that a home. He was a great dog, very loving to people, dogs, cats, whatever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#20]
That's the hungry kind.

Eta: Op - don't give him the whole damn fridge on day 1. Ease him back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Color matched with his larger buddy. Well done.
View Quote

Big dog is like "what the hell is this and what am I supposed to do with it?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Breed Of Peace.
Dibs on your guns
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Thats a cute pup.. You need to post more pics
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like your new dog OP!
Pit mix puppy.  Cute!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#25]
It is an immensely grateful dog...that is what kind it is.  It looks like a pit bull/staffordshire terrier mix.    If you are wise enough to keep it, you will have one of the most loyal dogs on this planet.  Dogs never forget who saved their life.  

I would name it "Delta" after a very famous dog.  I'll look up the story, and come back and edit this post to add the story of Delta to it.

Here is the story of Delta:

In the year 79 A.D. there was a cataclysmic volcanic eruption of  Mount Vesuvius near the ancient city of Pompeii. Pompeii was a large trading port and home to many thousands of people. Everyone in and near the city of Pompeii at the time of the volcanic eruption perished on that fateful day so many centuries ago. The city was discovered under many feet of earth and volcanic ash.

What was eerily unique to this discovery was that the bodies of all the victims decomposed in the packed sediment which left a hollow cavity freezing in time the moment of there deaths, in a sort of 3 dimensional negative image. When another hollow cavity was discovered a cast was made by filling the void with plaster, creating an impression of the last moments of life for another soul. While archaeologists were making plaster casts of these cavities Delta was discovered. The cast of Delta’s body was found lying over the body of a young child. Also found in the bottom of this hollow cavity was a silver engraved collar with the dogs name “Delta” the collar also said that the dogs owner was named Severinus and that Delta had saved his life on three separate occasions

The first time Delta had pulled him out of the sea and saved him from drowning.
The second time Delta had defended Severinus when she fought off 4 attackers who had tried to rob him.
Third she had defended him from a wolf that tried to attack him somewhere near the city of Herculaneum.

Delta the hero dog tried once more (in vain) to save the life of a child, in all likely-hood the child Delta sacrificed her life trying to protect was the sibling of her owner Severinus. Delta may have been unable to save the life of that child but she gave her life trying and even with her dying breath Delta never once thought of herself.

You are very fortunate to have been chosen by this dog.  I accepted a dog that chose me once, and it was indeed a terrific decision.  I was looking at some registered border collie pups in a whelping pen when one of the dogs from a previous litter came up beside me, looked at me, gave me a sniff, and leaned against my leg.  I moved, and the dog moved and again leaned against my leg.  The next time I moved, the dog did the same thing and the breeder said "It looks like you have been chosen by a dog,  rather than you doing the choosing".   So I accepted the suggestion and he turned out to be an absolutely wonderful dog for the next 14.5 years until he went to the rainbow bridge.   I still miss him.

I sure hope you take the hint that the universe has given you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#26]
You have a new best friend Congratz!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]
What did you name it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you for befriending it .... hope you keep it
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats on the new pup OP!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Congrats on your new dawg.
It looks like a pit, take care of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#32]
RIP OPs other dog once killing machine regains his strength.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#33]
if you have children that dag will eventually eat them (or at least their face).
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Beagle Dachshund mix
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#35]
No shit, this will be one of the best days of your life.

Should name him Ash
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ideally you should not let it around your other dogs. My GF is a vet and see stuff like this all the time where the "stray" is carrying all kinds of diseases in fungal stuff in their lungs and spreads it to your other pets.

so what you feel like doing is a good thing it may cost you high vet bills or losing one of your other pets taking one in off the street without stopping at the vet's office first
View Quote
Good advice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

A friend of mine lost most of a litter to parvo by "helping" a stray. They hadn't yet been vaccinated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Hes cute. Take him to the vet for a check up. I hope you can keep him
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Speaking of Pits, my one time room mate brought one home.
It was the most loving puppy and the only dog I've ever seen a dog actually bury a bone.

I ended up giving him away to a friend a few years later and the fucker killed his goat and most of his chickens.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#41]
It's a stray pit bull that hasn't been able to feed since the school playgrounds have been closed due to COVID.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#42]
That's a dag.

Cooked chicken bones are bad juju.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good advice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice.

Yes this. The rescue I work with makes us quarantine any new dogs for a week or so, at least until we can get them vetted just in case.
Hate to see you lose your other dog if the pupper has something.
Nice looking dog though, will probably make a loyal companion for you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Skinny but clean. Even fur between pads looks clean, not a lot of miles on them...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some kind of chihuahua/Pomeranian mix?
View Quote

You must be one of those dog doctors
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pit.

View Quote

Probably worms too..
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!  Gf use to be a vet at would always take dogs in.  They stayed in a seperste room to make sure they don't have anything.  Last thing u need to do if give ur dogs parvo.

If you take them to the vet and explain what happened and how you found it ,let alone IF u r going to keep it, USUALLY they discount their services for that visit since it will need its shots/vaccines.

Either way, if you keep it, it willbe the most loyal dog u ever have had.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#48]
The best kind of dog OP!!!

Its a free dog.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]
He looks like a good boy
And he will be loyal to you until his last breath for saving him
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Get that dog to a vet.

Check for microchip.

If none, vax that dag and love it the rest of its life.

Dogs choose us, brah....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top