Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2020 2:22:23 AM EDT
https://www.ksl.com/article/50059735/us-tightens-definition-of-service-animals-allowed-on-planes

The days of people lying and traveling with unruly pets are over.

Only ADA “true” service animals allowed!!

Wahoo!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t see how this won’t run afoul of the ADA. I may be wrong, but I thought the ADA forbids people from requiring documentation be produced.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t see how this won’t run afoul of the ADA. I may be wrong, but I thought the ADA forbids people from requiring documentation be produced.
View Quote

You won’t even have to ask the next person who tries to board a plane with a damn duck if it’s a service animal because it has never qualified as a service animal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Good
I had a 2+ hour flight next to an emotional support dog.  Dog was shared shitless.. literally.  Plane took off and dog proceeded to liquid shit all over owner and seat.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:36:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Only dogs are recognized as service animals under titles II and III of the ADA. This was changed in 2011.

To avoid running afoul of the ADA you are only allowed to ask two questions.

1. Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
2. What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?

That is it. You can not inquire anything else about the dog or the person.

Under the ADA you can remove the person and their "service" animal if the dog is out of control and the person is unable to control it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Good, so many Amazon service dogs out there and it is annoying. I love my dogs but they are never going to Lowe’s with me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Good,about 10 years too late
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You won’t even have to ask the next person who tries to board a plane with a damn duck if it’s a service animal because it has never qualified as a service animal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t get me wrong. I am in complete agreemen
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:40:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only dogs are recognized as service animals under titles II and III of the ADA. This was changed in 2011.

To avoid running afoul of the ADA you are only allowed to ask two questions.

1. Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
2. What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?

That is it. You can not inquire anything else about the dog or the person.

Under the ADA you can remove the person and their "service" animal if the dog is out of control and the person is unable to control it.
View Quote

That’s what I thought. This was in the article and threw up the red flag for me

“Airlines can require people with a service dog to turn in paperwork up to 48 hours before a flight”
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember when the flight attendant to the dumb chick to flush her hamster pebbles and retard actually Did it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna846116

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only delta will continue to prohibit "service pitbulls" I cannot imagine traveling with my small children and have some idiot and with a pitbull sit with us
View Quote

The article doesn’t mention pit bull but Delta banned them immediately after this incident.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-sues-delta-after-emotional-support-dog-allegedly-mauled-him-on-flight/
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s what I thought. This was in the article and threw up the red flag for me

“Airlines can require people with a service dog to turn in paperwork up to 48 hours before a flight”
View Quote

The paperwork is probably nothing more than a variation of the two questions above. There is no way they are asking for proof of the dogs training. It's probably just an attempt to discourage people from abusing the system.

The 48 hour rule is actually old. It's part of the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) from 1986. It originally applied if the flight was going to be longer than eight hours. Guessing the recent DOT rule may have changed that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I've flown with my last dog over a dozen times. She was great on a plane. Put her carrier under the seat in front of me and she just went to sleep and never barked or went potty. I flew out to Arizona to get my new puppy and he did great on the plane. Planning on flying to Florida sooner or later to visit my brother and he'll go with me. There's nothing wrong with flying with your dog so long as you take the time to train it.

This is him sleeping on my hoody flying back to Chicago.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank god. It was ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Remember when the flight attendant to the dumb chick to flush her hamster pebbles and retard actually Did it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna846116

View Quote

Did you just have a stroke?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:10:25 AM EDT
[#16]
No animals should be allowed in the cabin, should be stowed in a crate as cargo if they are traveling.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Still waiting for the law that makes it legal for me to stick my finger in my ass and wipe it under the nose of anyone I see in the grocery store with their little shit dog sitting in the shopping cart.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I’d rather travel with the dogs or emotional support turkeys or whatever vs most of the people I’ve ever seen on domestic flights.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't' fly so I don't care, I drive where I go and if its too far to drive then fuck em
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good
I had a 2+ hour flight next to an emotional support dog.  Dog was shared shitless.. literally.  Plane took off and dog proceeded to liquid shit all over owner and seat.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm hearing these animals will be treated as "animal in cabin".  The cost is $125 each way and only a certain number are permitted on each flight.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#23]
We will continue to see 30 year olds in pajamas with their chihuahua at the grocery stores.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top