Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/2/2019 11:13:47 PM EDT
Please post anything dogman related, possibly related, etc.

In my thread about what you have seen, some answered DOGMAN

Please share.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should check out Dark water's "Siege of Lockett Ranch" on YouTube. Find the one with all three parts together. He has another one about a lineman in Taylor, MS that that gets attacked while in his bucket truck.
View Quote
Those are excellent stories.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
DV8 did the Dogmen you encountered have human or canine type legs?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Not saying it's a cryptid.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#7]
More to come.

I've never seen a Dogman.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Redbone - Message From A Drum
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
OK.  There's a Vic Cundiff interview with a guy named Mike talks about encountering a Dogman on Anthony Rd outside Farmersville (my hometown) and Germantown.  He mentions Germantown but I don't think he talks about Farmersville which is closer.

Episode here:  
Dogman Encounters Episode 183

Now, with that said, I decided to do a night drive through Anthony Rd on the 27th of June this year.  I was home from the ROK because my mum died and we decided (actually I decided since I was driving) to drive down Anthony this night.  It was late, around 2200 so just a faint glow to the West.   There was a lot of heat lightning to the North giving us a nice display.  We did not see anything that night but I did manage to see a LOT of deer/possum/racoon so who know's maybe it had moved on since the time in the video.   I can assume these would be good food sources for this beast.
There were a lightning bugs galore too!
As a note, when I was younger, my brother would bring his Scrambler 6x6 down here to run through the woods/creek there... good times.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I saw 2 of them running, canine like legs.  They stopped on the side of the highway and stood, as if they were timing when to leap to intercept my car.  When standing it was human like legs.  I didn’t think to look at their feet.  To be honest I was scared as hell and freaked out.  They ran like jackals or hyena’s.  Long backs that sloped from front to rear.  Very strange gate.
View Quote
There does seem to be a lot of similar encounters of them doing that.  I wonder if they are doing it to terrorize, or if they want you to crash and then snatch you for a meal?

Are you implying that their leg style changed from canine to human when they transitioned to being bipedal?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I saw 2 of them running, canine like legs.  They stopped on the side of the highway and stood, as if they were timing when to leap to intercept my car.  When standing it was human like legs.  I didn’t think to look at their feet.  To be honest I was scared as hell and freaked out.  They ran like jackals or hyena’s.  Long backs that sloped from front to rear.  Very strange gate.
View Quote
@DV8

In what part of North Carolina did this occur?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Happened in West Virginia, I77 Nb
View Quote
Saw your location, and thought that maybe there was a chance that it was relatively near my area.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:58:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Upstate SC.  Just a stones throw away from NC.  We were in the NC mountains last week revisiting an area that we found some tracks a couple of years ago.  This whole region has more weirdness than a lot of people realize.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Dogman Encounters Episode 263 (Daniel Boone National Forest Dogman Encounter!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7cW6RMPoE
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Upstate SC.  Just a stones throw away from NC.  We were in the NC mountains last week revisiting an area that we found some tracks a couple of years ago.  This whole region has more weirdness than a lot of people realize.
View Quote
See, it's stuff like that that makes me think twice about wanting to go camping by myself this weekend up in our mountains

I've come across bears and really big bobcats. Nothing weirder than that though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#21]
one thing I have heard all 49 years of my life is that...
if you see a Dogman, shoot it in the face immediately like Han Solo and Vadar.

they are never peaceful.

now, my brother and his friend ( now a very respected lawman) were hunting over thanksgiving scraps one night for coyotes. my brother swears he made the best shot of his life on a running target and killed a big Hyena type animal with a A bolt 270 with a 130gr nosler ballistic tips. both said it would weigh around 200lb maybe more.. maybe less. they did say it was heavy on the front end, sloped on the butt. they said it was running away with the remains of the carved up Thanksgiving turkey in its mouth on the flat of a gas rig set up.

his friend totally backed his story up as a full witness and he was holding the light. this was in the valley of our deer hunting land in the mountains. no one has ever seen a Sasquatch down there with a snout and head like that.

he said it moved very fast, dropped like a rock with a high shoulder shot and was dead when they walked up to it. they were so spooked by it they left it where it lay. it made no sounds when it ran or died.

this would have been around 1990.

we never really figured out if it was an escaped Hyena from a exotic home somewhere. there were no houses for miles where this happened in the mountains, some of my friends really think he shot a Dogman.

it was not there the next morning when I went to look at it and get pics. I found the big blood pool and the mashed up grass but no animal.

I have no idea, but I know to this day my brother and his friend still talk about the Hyena.

just repeating what I've heard. FWIW.. my brother refuses to even discuss the topic of Sasquatch. he is huge outdoorsman like me, but he won't go into our woods before dark now and doesn't take a flash light because he " doesn't want to see what's out there in the dark" and he knows we will come to his spot if he shoots in the evening or if we don't hear him coming off the mountain.

he is very freaked out by even the thought of something else being in the woods. especially with the vocals we hear at night.

he and my father have a "shut off valve" about what we have roaming in the mountains.
if they ever see it, i don't think they would ever go into the woods again. they love the mountains and hunting so they just refuse to process the thought of anything being out there besides deer, turkey, hogs and the rare bear.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

one thing I have heard all 49 years of my life is that...
if you see a Dogman, shoot it in the face immediately like Han Solo and Vadar.

they are never peaceful.

now, my brother and his friend ( now a very respected lawman) were hunting over thanksgiving scraps one night for coyotes. my brother swears he made the best shot of his life on a running target and killed a big Hyena type animal with a A bolt 270 with a 130gr nosler ballistic tips. both said it would weigh around 200lb maybe more.. maybe less. they did say it was heavy on the front end, sloped on the butt. they said it was running away with the remains of the carved up Thanksgiving turkey in its mouth on the flat of a gas rig set up.

his friend totally backed his story up as a full witness and he was holding the light. this was in the valley of our deer hunting land in the mountains. no one has ever seen a Sasquatch down there with a snout and head like that.

he said it moved very fast, dropped like a rock with a high shoulder shot and was dead when they walked up to it. they were so spooked by it they left it where it lay. it made no sounds when it ran or died.

this would have been around 1990.

we never really figured out if it was an escaped Hyena from a exotic home somewhere. there were no houses for miles where this happened in the mountains, some of my friends really think he shot a Dogman.

it was not there the next morning when I went to look at it and get pics. I found the big blood pool and the mashed up grass but no animal.

I have no idea, but I know to this day my brother and his friend still talk about the Hyena.

just repeating what I've heard. FWIW.. my brother refuses to even discuss the topic of Sasquatch. he is huge outdoorsman like me, but he won't go into our woods before dark now and doesn't take a flash light because he " doesn't want to see what's out there in the dark" and he knows we will come to his spot if he shoots in the evening or if we don't hear him coming off the mountain.

he is very freaked out by even the thought of something else being in the woods. especially with the vocals we hear at night.

he and my father have a "shut off valve" about what we have roaming in the mountains.
if they ever see it, i don't think they would ever go into the woods again. they love the mountains and hunting so they just refuse to process the thought of anything being out there besides deer, turkey, hogs and the rare bear.
View Quote
Damn. Too bad there weren't camera phones yet.

I know what you mean about the shut off valve. It works for some people. Not others.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't recall which book but Peter Hathaway Capstick had an interesting dogman-ish story about a witch doctor in one of his books.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't recall which book but Peter Hathaway Capstick had an interesting dogman-ish story about a witch doctor in one of his books.
View Quote
yes he did.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You should check out Dark water's "Siege of Lockett Ranch" on YouTube. Find the one with all three parts together. He has another one about a lineman in Taylor, MS that that gets attacked while in his bucket truck.
View Quote
My favorite story! I was on YouTube trying to find a story to help me sleep one night. I stayed up to 3am listening to it. Makes me want to get a .50 Beowulf and go see if they are real.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#27]
More Dogman stories please.

Been listening to all the YouTube dogman shows.

Check these guys out if you like Dogman/Sasquatch sfuff https://www.cryptidbrothersinvestigations.com/
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Check these guys out if you like Dogman/Sasquatch sfuff https://www.cryptidbrothersinvestigations.com/
View Quote
Didn't they go strictly 'pay to listen to our shows'?

I used to listen to them occasionally, although the host usually put me off a bit. Their guests were usually pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
They have a lot of interesting things going on.  I hope to be able to join them in the field at some point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Didn't they go strictly 'pay to listen to our shows'?

I used to listen to them occasionally, although the host usually put me off a bit. Their guests were usually pretty good.
View Quote
Yes they did, YouTube monetization issues.  I subscribe and the content is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Call out thread.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Call out thread.
View Quote
I will pay cash money for Dogman puppies.

oh, anyone got any other podcast type shows that talk about Dogman?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They have a lot of interesting things going on.  I hope to be able to join them in the field at some point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will they let you join with NV, thermal, and an AR?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Will they let you join with NV, thermal, and an AR?
View Quote
No.  A lot of the time they are conducting investigations on other people’s property.  Their number one goal is to maintain privacy and confidentiality.  That being said, I am confident we will cross paths at some point.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I once saw a wolf stand on two legs and walk approximately 30 yards, and then disappear into the woods.  
This was up by where I live, in the far North of Wisconsin near lake superior.  Not typical dogman sighting.  But sure wasnt a normal wolf sighting.  I've seen a lot of weird things in certain places up here.  Long story
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No.  A lot of the time they are conducting investigations on other people’s property.  Their number one goal is to maintain privacy and confidentiality.  That being said, I am confident we will cross paths at some point.
View Quote
Good to hear that they are legitimate.  Honestly, they monetized so quickly that I had my suspicions.

Hell, if they can make some coin in order to devote more time to fieldwork...more power to them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I once saw a wolf stand on two legs and walk approximately 30 yards, and then disappear into the woods.  
This was up by where I live, in the far North of Wisconsin near lake superior.  Not typical dogman sighting.  But sure wasnt a normal wolf sighting.  I've seen a lot of weird things in certain places up here.  Long story
View Quote
@SteelGator

How far away were you? How big was the wolf?

We're its legs normal canine legs, with the normal canine bend?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@SteelGator

How far away were you? How big was the wolf?

We're its legs normal canine legs, with the normal canine bend?
View Quote
Approximately 60 yards away at the start.  It angled and ended up about half that distance from me when it reentered the woods.

I can write the whole thing up when I get off work if your interested.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good to hear that they are legitimate.  Honestly, they monetized so quickly that I had my suspicions.

Hell, if they can make some coin in order to devote more time to fieldwork...more power to them.
View Quote
They are definitely legitimate and they are very unique in the sea of voices on the subject.  I have a lot of respect for them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Approximately 60 yards away at the start.  It angled and ended up about half that distance from me when it reentered the woods.

View Quote
Yes we are very interested.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
yes he did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes he did.
I seem to recall that the story involved somebody shooting a hyena that was up to no good, and upon examining the carcass, they discovered it had beads or other small items woven into the fur.  The theory was that the animal had been semi-tame, and raised by a local witch doctor.

Or was there another story?
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.  Very interested.  I would greatly appreciate hearing more if you are so obliged.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#43]
So this will be a bit of a long post.

I have a long standing relation to the land this happened on, as my family has been hunting this area since 1947, and some of my first memories are of it.

I have seen many odd things over the years in this place, starting at the age of 14.  These include, cryptid, UFO/aerial phenomenon, something I would consider time slippage, and gateway effects.  These seem to have increased as the land is less used and my family; other than myself, have ceased using it.

As a caveat, my father, who is the most christian/religious/straightlaced person I have known, has seen UFO/aeiral phenomenon in this area.

Lastly, the area I am speaking of is located in one of the Northen most counties of Wisconsin.  Specifically it is a 3 sq mile section of land, within an area of 7 miles by 25 miles without a paved road, town, or permanent dwelling.  Hard to believe but there still are places like this.

So now to the story.  This took place in 2008.  I had moved back to Wisconsin after being in the Marines and then working as a hunting guide.  And this was my second year of really being back and hunting seriously in this area.

I had been out putting up two new deer stands, and was coming back to my vehicle from putting up the second one.  I was carrying a large frame alice pack, with a bunch of gear, had a belt with a knife and a .22 pistol, and was holding a bow saw in one hand.

I had parked down a road, which was basically a path big enough to drive a truck down, that my grandfather had cut in many years prior.  I was approximately 1/4 mile from the nearest logging road, which wasnt even a normal dirt road either.  So pretty far any from anything.

As I exited the woods, the area in front of me was open for approximately 400 yards, with small pines about 2 feet tall, and then ended at older growth pine 80 or so feet tall.  This area had been logged and and replanted, but hadn't been cleaned up so there were lots of limbs and brush growing between the furrows.

To my left there was older growth mixed forest which ran from where I had come out of, and then all the way to the pine rows 400 yrds away.

I came out of the woods, to where my vehicle was parked and as I did I saw movement out in the open area.  As I am used to seeing deer, bear, coyotes and wolves, so I didnt think much of it.

I was driving an Isuzu Rodeo at the time, and I had opened both the front and rear door on the side opposite of the open area and was putting my pack and gear inside it.  As I was doing this I caught more movement through the windows facing that direction.

I kinda quit putting up my stuff, and stood up on the running boards and looked over the roof of the rodeo to get a look at what was out there.   As I did this I saw something pop up out in the open area approximately 60 or so yards away.

In my mind I saw it as a wolf standing on its hind legs.  And since I have hunted many coyotes and have seen them do this, my first reaction was to think. "Huh, I guess wolves do that too"  I wasnt scared or anything at this point.

So I stood there on the running boards for a few seconds and this 'thing' just starred back at me.  It seemed to tilt its head, and look to it's right, which was the deeper woods, and then back to me.  I remember thinking that was odd because in my mind, having been a hunting guide, and having observed many animals, I didnt think a wolf should have been able to turn its head like that while standing.

I'm sure this lasted no more than a minute with us looking at each other.  And then it started walking forward a couple steps.  As it did this I dont think my mind really comprehended it.  I have seen coyotes hop and such, but this was a measured step.

It never moved fast, just steady, and it started angling towards the woods which were maybe 20 or so yards away from where it stood.  So it was moving obliquely slightly towards me but more to my left.

By the time it had walked to the edge of the woods, it was maybe 30 yards from the front of my vehicle.  It kept its eyes on me and I kept my eyes on its head mainly.  By this point I was getting a bit freaked.

I dont really know how to describe this 'thing'.  I have thought about it quite a few times over the years.  But I dont know what to call it.  I dont think it was a man who turned into a wolf, or even what most people would think of as a dogman.

To me it was a wolf, who was something more.  The overwhelming sense I have was of a primitive spirit that maybe the Native Americans knew of, but we have forgotten.  It looks and acts like a wolf, but it is something more than that.   The truest way I can describe the feeling, and I have thought much about it is this "I am showing this to you, and i can do this all the time, and now you know my secret"

I dont think this was a good being.  I dont know if it was evil, but it wasn't good.  It was beyond what I can make sense of.

As to size.  It is hard to judge, but it would probably be the size of a normal wolf, although it appeared somewhat thin in its erect position.   I would estimate it was 6 to 7 feet tall.  I didnt try to figure it out at the time and I can only go off of what I perceived in relation to the trees.

I didnt really see its legs in full, as it was moving through brush and furrows.  But I dont think it had those reversed joints like you sometimes see depicted in movies or drawings of werewolves.

Its shoulders were rather large, and its arms hung lower than you would picture a normal wolf if it was in that position.  But I didnt take enough note to see if it had hands or still had paws.  I pretty much never took my eyes away from its head.  It held its arms more relaxed and lower, not quite man like but not out front like you see dogs sometimes do.

The fur of this thing was mainly black and grey.  I cannot remember what color its eyes were, but I dont remember them being red or orange like you sometimes hear.   It never opened its mouth fully, but I do remember glimpses of teeth.   It had erect ears like a normal wolf.  The way it turned its head is why I know it wasnt a normal creature... it kept angling its head and body to keep me in view, which I have replayed many times in my mind, and it is what I remember best.

In all, this whole encounter lasted maybe 3 minutes from the time it stood up until it disappeared into the woods.  It walked about 45 yards in total like that, and moved about 30 yards closer to me from where I initially saw it.  I eventually did go back and walk that route as best i could.

I still spend a lot of time in this area, and I have never seen it since.

Hope this makes sense to you all who were asking.

Edited to add:  I believe this thing had been traveling on 4 legs to begin with, and probably does as a rule.  I think when it stood up, it made a concious decision to continue walking on 2 legs.  I dont know the reason for this, but I have always felt it knew when it turned its head that it had shown me it wasnt a completely normal wolf, and thought screw it, I'll show him what I really am.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow. That's crazy.

Thanks for taking the time to share all of that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hahahaha! That's funny because I pack a Beowulf in the backcountry for griz, moose, and other things.

@Ronin72
View Quote
@Skg_Mre_Lght

When one hunts mythical creatures, one needs a legendary hero at their side!
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#46]
@SteelGator

A lot of the early accounts of upright canines share a lot of similarities with your story.  That feeling that the creature is revealing itself on purpose along with the unspoken message that it is not a benevolent being.

A lot of the earlier accounts described what you saw, which is an upright canine that walks very comfortably on it's hind legs and is accompanied by a feeling that this is not "goid' .  Once Dogman got a bit more mainstream, you began to see more of the werewolf type creature...a more anthropomorphized wolf/man creature.

Great account.  Thanks for sharing it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@SteelGator

A lot of the early accounts of upright canines share a lot of similarities with your story.  That feeling that the creature is revealing itself on purpose along with the unspoken message that it is not a benevolent being.

A lot of the earlier accounts described what you saw, which is an upright canine that walks very comfortably on it's hind legs and is accompanied by a feeling that this is not "goid' .  Once Dogman got a bit more mainstream, you began to see more of the werewolf type creature...a more anthropomorphized wolf/man creature.

View Quote
I definately didnt see it as a werewolf. I hesitated on posting because of that very reason.  But glad to know it shared similarities with other accounts.
I will have to do a search for similar sightings.  Thanks for the feedback
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I definately didnt see it as a werewolf. I hesitated on posting because of that very reason.  But glad to know it shared similarities with other accounts.
View Quote
Linda Godfrey, who kind of laid the foundation for the public knowledge of the Dogman phenomenon, seems to prefer the phrase 'upright canine' over the label Dogman for this very reason.  A lot of the encounters that she documents do not involve cynocephaly (dog headed men), but instead beings that have the form of a regular dog or wolf...but walk upright and seem to have a strange effect on the person who witnesses them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So this will be a bit of a long post.

I have a long standing relation to the land this happened on, as my family has been hunting this area since 1947, and some of my first memories are of it.

I have seen many odd things over the years in this place, starting at the age of 14.  These include, cryptid, UFO/aerial phenomenon, something I would consider time slippage, and gateway effects.  These seem to have increased as the land is less used and my family; other than myself, have ceased using it.

As a caveat, my father, who is the most christian/religious/straightlaced person I have known, has seen UFO/aeiral phenomenon in this area.

Lastly, the area I am speaking of is located in one of the Northen most counties of Wisconsin.  Specifically it is a 3 sq mile section of land, within an area of 7 miles by 25 miles without a paved road, town, or permanent dwelling.  Hard to believe but there still are places like this.

So now to the story.  This took place in 2008.  I had moved back to Wisconsin after being in the Marines and then working as a hunting guide.  And this was my second year of really being back and hunting seriously in this area.

I had been out putting up two new deer stands, and was coming back to my vehicle from putting up the second one.  I was carrying a large frame alice pack, with a bunch of gear, had a belt with a knife and a .22 pistol, and was holding a bow saw in one hand.

I had parked down a road, which was basically a path big enough to drive a truck down, that my grandfather had cut in many years prior.  I was approximately 1/4 mile from the nearest logging road, which wasnt even a normal dirt road either.  So pretty far any from anything.

As I exited the woods, the area in front of me was open for approximately 400 yards, with small pines about 2 feet tall, and then ended at older growth pine 80 or so feet tall.  This area had been logged and and replanted, but hadn't been cleaned up so there were lots of limbs and brush growing between the furrows.

To my left there was older growth mixed forest which ran from where I had come out of, and then all the way to the pine rows 400 yrds away.

I came out of the woods, to where my vehicle was parked and as I did I saw movement out in the open area.  As I am used to seeing deer, bear, coyotes and wolves, so I didnt think much of it.

I was driving an Isuzu Rodeo at the time, and I had opened both the front and rear door on the side opposite of the open area and was putting my pack and gear inside it.  As I was doing this I caught more movement through the windows facing that direction.

I kinda quit putting up my stuff, and stood up on the running boards and looked over the roof of the rodeo to get a look at what was out there.   As I did this I saw something pop up out in the open area approximately 60 or so yards away.

In my mind I saw it as a wolf standing on its hind legs.  And since I have hunted many coyotes and have seen them do this, my first reaction was to think. "Huh, I guess wolves do that too"  I wasnt scared or anything at this point.

So I stood there on the running boards for a few seconds and this 'thing' just starred back at me.  It seemed to tilt its head, and look to it's right, which was the deeper woods, and then back to me.  I remember thinking that was odd because in my mind, having been a hunting guide, and having observed many animals, I didnt think a wolf should have been able to turn its head like that while standing.

I'm sure this lasted no more than a minute with us looking at each other.  And then it started walking forward a couple steps.  As it did this I dont think my mind really comprehended it.  I have seen coyotes hop and such, but this was a measured step.

It never moved fast, just steady, and it started angling towards the woods which were maybe 20 or so yards away from where it stood.  So it was moving obliquely slightly towards me but more to my left.

By the time it had walked to the edge of the woods, it was maybe 30 yards from the front of my vehicle.  It kept its eyes on me and I kept my eyes on its head mainly.  By this point I was getting a bit freaked.

I dont really know how to describe this 'thing'.  I have thought about it quite a few times over the years.  But I dont know what to call it.  I dont think it was a man who turned into a wolf, or even what most people would think of as a dogman.

To me it was a wolf, who was something more.  The overwhelming sense I have was of a primitive spirit that maybe the Native Americans knew of, but we have forgotten.  It looks and acts like a wolf, but it is something more than that.   The truest way I can describe the feeling, and I have thought much about it is this "I am showing this to you, and i can do this all the time, and now you know my secret"

I dont think this was a good being.  I dont know if it was evil, but it wasn't good.  It was beyond what I can make sense of.

As to size.  It is hard to judge, but it would probably be the size of a normal wolf, although it appeared somewhat thin in its erect position.   I would estimate it was 6 to 7 feet tall.  I didnt try to figure it out at the time and I can only go off of what I perceived in relation to the trees.

I didnt really see its legs in full, as it was moving through brush and furrows.  But I dont think it had those reversed joints like you sometimes see depicted in movies or drawings of werewolves.

Its shoulders were rather large, and its arms hung lower than you would picture a normal wolf if it was in that position.  But I didnt take enough note to see if it had hands or still had paws.  I pretty much never took my eyes away from its head.  It held its arms more relaxed and lower, not quite man like but not out front like you see dogs sometimes do.

The fur of this thing was mainly black and grey.  I cannot remember what color its eyes were, but I dont remember them being red or orange like you sometimes hear.   It never opened its mouth fully, but I do remember glimpses of teeth.   It had erect ears like a normal wolf.  The way it turned its head is why I know it wasnt a normal creature... it kept angling its head and body to keep me in view, which I have replayed many times in my mind, and it is what I remember best.

In all, this whole encounter lasted maybe 3 minutes from the time it stood up until it disappeared into the woods.  It walked about 45 yards in total like that, and moved about 30 yards closer to me from where I initially saw it.  I eventually did go back and walk that route as best i could.

I still spend a lot of time in this area, and I have never seen it since.

Hope this makes sense to you all who were asking.

Edited to add:  I believe this thing had been traveling on 4 legs to begin with, and probably does as a rule.  I think when it stood up, it made a concious decision to continue walking on 2 legs.  I dont know the reason for this, but I have always felt it knew when it turned its head that it had shown me it wasnt a completely normal wolf, and thought screw it, I'll show him what I really am.
View Quote
@SteelGator
The creature was standing/walking the whole 3 or so minutes?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@SteelGator

@SteelGator

I'm assuming Iron or Ashland county? Not trying to out you, I just want to know where to avoid, haha. The Chippewa have some interesting beliefs regarding the forests around here.

I've heard and felt some strange things in the woods up here, but I've never seen anything out of place. Wolves freak me out though. I gave up grouse hunting after an encounter, where I suddenly felt like I didn't bring enough ammo.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top