Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2023 10:35:40 PM EDT
Any depts get useful items from DMRO?

I'm state Agent a member of my SOG team which is essentially a High Risk warrant team, we have uniforms, hard armor, helmets M4's, a Bear Cat, and we're all (or in the process of ) NTOA SWAT certified.

We're looking to expand our capabilities and funding isn't easy in this day and age. I think our long term goals are a 2nd Armored vehicle (5 hours is a long way to drive a bear car for a job so 1 for each half of the state would make sense), and bearcats are rough on inner city 1 way streets, so something smaller might be more useful.

I think we'd also like to eventually develope negotiators, gas for barricades, and snipers. It's going to be a slow process primarily because of funding, training and manpower.

I've volunteered into looking into DMRO to see if there's any serviceable gear we could put to use.

I already know MRAPs are a nightmare, anyone have any other experience?

I'd love to get a hold of some M14's for the team, but I have no idea what we'd need them for.

I found the contact info for our states coordinator and will be reaching out this week.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Our sister agency just ditched their MRAP. About all we use are surplus NVGs...there might be other stuff from DRMO that's relevant, but M14s definitely are not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any depts get useful items from DMRO?

I'm state Agent a member of my SOG team which is essentially a High Risk warrant team, we have uniforms, hard armor, helmets M4's, a Bear Cat, and we're all (or in the process of ) NTOA SWAT certified.

We're looking to expand our capabilities and funding isn't easy in this day and age. I think our long term goals are a 2nd Armored vehicle (5 hours is a long way to drive a bear car for a job so 1 for each half of the state would make sense), and bearcats are rough on inner city 1 way streets, so something smaller might be more useful.

I think we'd also like to eventually develope negotiators, gas for barricades, and snipers. It's going to be a slow process primarily because of funding, training and manpower.

I've volunteered into looking into DMRO to see if there's any serviceable gear we could put to use.

I already know MRAPs are a nightmare, anyone have any other experience?

I'd love to get a hold of some M14's for the team, but I have no idea what we'd need them for.

I found the contact info for our states coordinator and will be reaching out this week.

Thanks.
View Quote

You might want to try DRMO as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File
@Pav56C

I have gotten a ton of good firearms stuff from 1033. Above is a picture of my work gun. Outside of the gun, magazines and cam, everything else came from 1033. Most of it was either brand new or fairly good. If you send me your contact info,  I'd be glad to answer any questions and send you cheat sheets that I made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top