Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2022 10:52:40 AM EDT
Seems like there's not much dialogue about printed guns in here.  Is there a thread dedicated to it?  Is there another non-ARF forum dedicated to it?

Anywho....I printed and built a DD19.2 I used Aves rails/locking block, Alpha One Outdoors (generic) lkp, Dagger complete slide.  

First off the frame itself has a bunch of support adhesion that's pretty thick and I'm not sure what to do to remove.  Next, the trigger doesn't fully reset when (dry) pulling it but not activating the striker.  So if taking up the slack just prior to the break point (firing) it only comes forward maybe 1/3 of the way.  Not enough that the trigger safety is reset/activated.  Then when fully pulling the trigger (dry) and racking the slide....the slide release activates even with no mag.  That means when firing it, it'll lock back after each round is fired.  But if the striker is cocked.....I could rack the slide all day and the slide release won't get hung up at all.

Thoughts??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't have the particular issues I'm having but it seems to me with the frames if you get dimensions out of spec things get weird. For the supports I assume you mean little bits of interface material left behind. Just take a flathead screw driver or something and scrape it out. I know the take down lever is particularly rough to remove support from over all. If you haven't already watch Ivan's assembly video on odyssey. He points out some tips and tricks and things that might require a little more hand fitting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Update...got it all together and seems like it'll function ok.  But definitely not as smooth as a P80 or Glock.  

The rear-most pin is awkwardly protruding into the webbing of my hand.  Might need to take a dremmel to that and grind it a bit.

As for the leftover from the supports, this isn't chipping off with a flathead.  I'm thinking a dremmel or maybe a sander but it's pretty stout in it's attachment.  Seems like the gun will function fine with it....just looks bad.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update...got it all together and seems like it'll function ok.  But definitely not as smooth as a P80 or Glock.  

The rear-most pin is awkwardly protruding into the webbing of my hand.  Might need to take a dremmel to that and grind it a bit.

As for the leftover from the supports, this isn't chipping off with a flathead.  I'm thinking a dremmel or maybe a sander but it's pretty stout in it's attachment.  Seems like the gun will function fine with it....just looks bad.
View Quote

You should be able to adjust support density in Cura next time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Phillgui

What should I adjust it to?   I was just following the data from the DD19.2 file.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@Phillgui

What should I adjust it to?   I was just following the data from the DD19.2 file.  

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Phillgui

Thanks

I usually use around 10% support I think.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
for pew troubleshooting you can check out /r/fosscad
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I know from other prints that are subjected to stresses that printing at an angle or offset makes a big difference when it comes to avoiding layer separation.

Removing layer lines and then sealing also helps with both finish quality as well as removing stress points.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top