User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what they want, $3000 for the 2 stamp semi? MP5s are badass, prolly my FAV SMG, but one day someone will explain why a clone is $2000 plus a stamp plus a can. its a stamped sheet, welded, and some steel parts, with some lil rollers in it.

i just made a 4.5" 9mm ar upper, got a magwell block, some $20 metalform mags, and have a $450 ghost M on the way. i threw an SD grip and some 416 sights and it runs all day, for about $1300 including 2 stamps and every part. and get this....the bolt locks open when the mag is empty. amazing!

anyone care to allude the costs involved with an MP5?

https://i.postimg.cc/TwGG4RHZ/received-108789010038810.jpg
View Quote
Does it shoot all ammo subsonic? Is it as smooth as an mp5? I have a gun like yours (4.5 9mm with a 3 lug ghost M) and it is not as pleasant to shoot as a clone mp5. Not to mention I need reloads or expensive ammo to get quiet.

Maybe the increased cost is for those features? How many roller lock guns are on the wall at your LGS versus AR15 versions?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
what they want, $3000 for the 2 stamp semi? MP5s are badass, prolly my FAV SMG, but one day someone will explain why a clone is $2000 plus a stamp plus a can. its a stamped sheet, welded, and some steel parts, with some lil rollers in it.

i just made a 4.5" 9mm ar upper, got a magwell block, some $20 metalform mags, and have a $450 ghost M on the way. i threw an SD grip and some 416 sights and it runs all day, for about $1300 including 2 stamps and every part. and get this....the bolt locks open when the mag is empty. amazing!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IB4:

"Why is this tacked?"

"That's too much."

"Meh, my Hi-Point is better."

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
MUH AR9 is jut as good as uh MP5!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

MUH AR9 is jut as good as uh MP5!
View Quote
never said it. im not a fudd type. im mpre of a "what am i getting for this buy-in price". i said whats the additional $1000 cost for? the video is a good response to my question tho. something with substance is always nice. thx.

im at about $1750 for my entire setup, with stamps. thats an entry MP5 Pistol. thats where i get off the mp5 train...even tho i still desire one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
never said it. im not a fudd type. im mpre of a "what am i getting for this buy-in price". i said whats the additional $1000 cost for? the video is a good response to my question tho. something with substance is always nice. thx.

im at about $1750 for my entire setup, with stamps. thats an entry MP5 Pistol. thats where i get off the mp5 train...even tho i still desire one.
View Quote
You can throw one together a lot cheaper. If youre good about using GB you can easily score a German kit for under 1300. If you want to use new RCM parts it still wont cost a ton more.

Its really not as hard as everyone makes it out to be.

The SD contained in this thread is priced high for the record. Especially for someone new on the market. Just my opinion though; no offense to D3LLC
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bending it would constitute as making it for you,

That's where the problem is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I thought I saw you had the jig when you were putting yours together.

Oh! My bad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can throw one together a lot cheaper. If youre good about using GB you can easily score a German kit for under 1300. If you want to use new RCM parts it still wont cost a ton more.

The SD contained in this thread is priced high for the record. Especially for someone new on the market. Just my opinion though; no offense to D3LLC
View Quote
goood info! and no harm on D3llc. ive seen nothing short of awesome from them and their builds. i just like info to chew on. and yeah its a tool, so if a builder culd do one, thats an option...like AKs
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you always cost me money.

Got links for this stuff?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Price wise TPM outfitters wants right under 4 grand for their version, dakota tactical wants like 5800 bucks, brethrenarms is like 4400 with suppressor. Omega(who uses his brother Todd Bailey's parts) is usually sold as a barreled upper but I don't think you are getting it for much less than 2500 by the time you finish it off.

So if the product is good the price isn't out of line.

As far as why they are all expensive. Comes down to a few things. Most of the vendors don't have the scale to make rolling the receivers cheap. It takes skill and you need people who know what they are doing to do it right. In a way the ar parts can be done more on machines and can be pumped out in much higher volume.

Scale is a big thing. You have a lot of companies making ar parts, with the roller lock hk style guns no where near as many. Only a few companies in the US make the flats, barrels are mostly made by Todd Bailey, whoever makes them for michaels machines, rcm, and the imported b&t ones. Same goes with most everything else. Lower output means higher prices. Trigger groups cost as much as complete ar lowers.

You can also train a drunk monkey to assemble an ar15(look at psa). Takes more work to assemble one of these.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me know where you are buying a SD kit on GB for $1300

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
No offence taken but we aren't the cheapest and not the most expensive either.  We are sitting right in the middle.  The quality of the gun speaks for itself and if and when you see one in person you will understand.  Especially if you can put it side by side with the competition. I have a TMP here for transfer and when you side by side compare the quality difference can easily be seen as well as we dont use any refurbished parts everything is brand new
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was referring more to a regular MP5 kit as the poster who I was replying to was referring to a MP5. They were going for 1 to 1.3k or so earlier this year on gb.

Real German HK SD kits are $$$$$$$
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was referring more to a regular MP5 kit as the poster who I was replying to was referring to a MP5. They were going for 1 to 1.3k or so earlier this year on gb.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got an A3 parts kit for about $1300 last year and I thought that would be sufficient to scratch my MP5 itch.  Then I shot Mike's full auto SD in the video above.... now I'm waiting on my stamps for the SD.

I have seen the TPM that Mike is referring to and there truly is no comparison.  The fit, finish, and function of the D3 design is superior in every way.  You will NOT be disappointed.  Now I just need the ATF to hurry up!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I got an A3 parts kit for about $1300 last year and I thought that would be sufficient to scratch my MP5 itch.  Then I shot Mike's full auto SD in the video above.... now I'm waiting on my stamps for the SD.

I have seen the TPM that Mike is referring to and there truly is no comparison.  The fit, finish, and function of the D3 design is superior in every way.  You will NOT be disappointed.  Now I just need the ATF to hurry up!!
View Quote
The welds look nice no doubt about that at all

Im also waiting on a SD can

Should be literally any day now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh! My bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I thought I saw you had the jig when you were putting yours together.

Oh! My bad.
Do an 80% bend!?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The ar barrels going to be available by themselves? I already have a german sd can I could use.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:04:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The ar barrels going to be available by themselves? I already have a german sd can I could use.
View Quote
Are you an SOT?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Is he using his left eye?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Are you barrel gas vent holes drilled spirally to follow the rifling grooves like the original HK factory SDs?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah, he is. That was right around the time that his eyesight changed & he got glasses. Apparently his left eye became dominant about that same time & I hadn’t realized it yet.

Now he shoots left handed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are you barrel gas vent holes drilled spirally to follow the rifling grooves like the original HK factory SDs?
View Quote
Always wondered if it really even mattered

Specially with a pistol caliber
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, he is. That was right around the time that his eyesight changed & he got glasses. Apparently his left eye became dominant about that same time & I hadn’t realized it yet.

Now he shoots left handed.
View Quote
Cool.  I am a lefty too.  When I started shooting as a kid I got no instruction from my dad but naturally gravitated to left eye dominance.   For a while though I drew a bead just like your son did.

He is a lucky boy having you to guide him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you an SOT?
View Quote
Why do you ask?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
PLEASE tell me that Todd Bailey is not a part of this as AZ is his AO...
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet magwell grip. Reminds me of those balance bands they used to demonstrate in the malls
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why do you ask?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you an SOT?
Why do you ask?
..because you can't have a German SD can if you're not.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MP5SD is best MP5, hands-down.

https://i.imgur.com/FMzoOLp.jpg
Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhO2JpD2rro
The kid is left eye dominant.

He getting brass to his forehead and that is not good.

Kuddos for letting him shoot but he needs to start shooting from the left side.

ETA: Saw you addressed this already.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The kid is left eye dominant.

He getting brass to his forehead and that is not good.

Kuddos for letting him shoot but he needs to start shooting from the left side.

ETA: Saw you addressed this already.
View Quote
I'm a lifelong lefty shooter and have never been hit in the forehead by brass until last weekend.  It was a LW Seecamp .380 though.  Left a nice semicircle cut.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't know if the toad is involved or its just his brother but the clone attempts operation now resides in Arkansas
View Quote
Anything with the last name Bailey is good enough for me. AVOID!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Very nice
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top