Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2021 9:39:47 AM EDT
Look what is on the ban agenda again. This guy is making bad optics and deserves a kick in the nuts.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/mesa/i-sell-out-almost-every-day-mesa-man-selling-body-armor-by-the-side-of-the-road
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow good profits
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh oh. Guy capitalizing on capitalism needs to be shut down.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks what is on the ban agenda again. This guy is making bad optics and deserves a kick in the nuts.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/mesa/i-sell-out-almost-every-day-mesa-man-selling-body-armor-by-the-side-of-the-road
View Quote

Lol, screw “muh optics”.

The fascists steal elections and burn cities but some guy selling plates is bad optics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#5]

"Are you worried about it being used for political violence?" asked ABC15's Zach Crenshaw.

How tf does a steel plate cause political violence?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

At this point he's not on our side and is profiteering on the coming violence. No different than someone selling confederate flags at Trump Rallies. You OK with that too?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd say somebody needs kicked in the nuts but it's not the guy selling armor
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't always buy body armor, but when i do, I but heavy AF steel plates that say trump 2020 on them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

At this point he's not on our side and is profiteering on the coming violence. No different than someone selling confederate flags at Trump Rallies. You OK with that too?
View Quote

This take on the situation is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#10]
You're worried about 'optics'?  

FFS

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. Then we can all be big kids and decide for ourselves if we want to buy one or not.

And he doesn't necessarily have to "be on our side", he can just be a guy exercising his right to capitalize.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely okay with that. It is up to the individual to carry the flag.  Personal freedom is the basis of the whole country. Are you against free speech as well as body armor sales ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Are you worried about it being used for political violence?" asked ABC15's Zach Crenshaw.

How tf does a steel plate cause political violence?
View Quote

She have answered no I don’t sell to commies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#15]
The sooner y'all quit giving a fuck about optics, the sooner we can finally get some shit done.

Optics...2021... what a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is on our side, you may or may not be....

Your false equivalence is, of course, false.

Or should people not have access to body armor?

One of my friends bought a set for him and his wife. They have them in case they get caught in an Antifa road block and need to try to drive out while being shot at. They keep them in their car.

You’d have them be unprotected because of your feels.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Absolutely okay with that. It is up to the individual to carry the flag.  Personal freedom is the basis of the whole country. Are you against free speech as well as body armor sales ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no Free Speech in this country anymore and this douche curbside selling body armor to literally ANYONE is inviting the Powers That Be to legislate away our ability to acquire it through normal means. He doesn't even own guns by his own admission. Wtf

Extremely poor optics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One of my friends bought a set for him and his wife. They have them in case they get caught in an Antifa road block and need to try to drive out while being shot at. They keep them in their car.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy it DISCREETLY off the internet, at a gun show or at your LGS. Curbside body armor is just going to further freak out the sheep who will then call for a ban.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Op what is your screen name on DU?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

FU too, I've been here longer and more active than yourself.

All this herp derp, maybe this guy should expand his product line to 80% Anderson Lowers and cutting jigs.

Hell, he can sell full reloading kits with pulled Green tip "Armor Piercing" bullets, get some more news bites for the media to cut our throats with next month.

You people can't see the forest thru the trees, we don't live in some sort of laissez faire libertarian utopia where you can do anything you want without consequences. This guy is giving ammo to the MSM and our enemies in Power to limit access to necessary materials, all on the pretense he's helping the cause.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Now I can see why CO is lost.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There is no Free Speech in this country anymore and this douche curbside selling body armor to literally ANYONE is inviting the Powers That Be to legislate away our ability to acquire it through normal means. He doesn't even own guns by his own admission. Wtf

Extremely poor optics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extremely poor optics.

What do you want? Background checks? Photo, address, blood?
Why shouldn’t anyone be able to own armor? Do you own armor?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All this herp derp, maybe this guy should expand his product line to 80% Anderson Lowers and cutting jigs.

Hell, he can sell full reloading kits with pulled Green tip "Armor Piercing" bullets, get some more news bites for the media to cut our throats with next month.

You people can't see the forest thru the trees, we don't live in some sort of laissez faire libertarian utopia where you can do anything you want without consequences. This guy is giving ammo to the MSM and our enemies in Power to limit access to necessary materials, all on the pretense he's helping the cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No banger is going to take the time to do any of that stuff. They want instant gratification (hence the crime). Does the armor have spall coating? If not bad deal for the bad guys that buy it.

If the bad guys were going to buy this armor for bad stuff wouldn’t they just shoot the seller and take it? Hopefully it helps to normalize armor sales. Even if just the smallest amount.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#25]
bad optics is now an official forum term

i'm going to use it for when people arbitrarily believe something is bad, bad optics and all
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Double whammy: Armor of War + profiting

Botha no-no’s in the eyes of leftist sheep...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You may have been here longer and post more than me. But I’m not the one advocating for taking away freedoms...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been calling people worried about 'optics', Optics Karens.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You may have been here longer and post more than me. But I’m not the one advocating for taking away freedoms...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm advocating kicking that guy in the nuts for providing additional ammo to the libs to ban gear I might need one day (god, I hope I never need steel body armor, my L210's are sweet).

Normal People (Sheeple, whatever) look at people who buy body armor who aren't security or police as "Weird" and are quickly being trained by the MSM to see them as "Radical" now. This subsection of the internet of course is an echo chamber for basement trolls who have this idea that being able to roll up to a street vendor and buy fucking body armor is a great idea. MUH Freedoms.

Mark my words, shit like this is going to lead to severe restrictions on where and how you can buy body armor.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No banger is going to take the time to do any of that stuff. They want instant gratification (hence the crime). Does the armor have spall coating? If not bad deal for the bad guys that buy it.

If the bad guys were going to buy this armor for bad stuff wouldn’t they just shoot the seller and take it? Hopefully it helps to normalize armor sales. Even if just the smallest amount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares if they do or not, its about Perception. The reason we're seeing BATF going after P80 kits is the Perception that bangers/felons are buying them. This guy is selling shitty armor and making a killing, even if he claims otherwise. Its raising a flag to the MSM and "Normal People" that there could be a bunch of armored thugs out there that the cops can't protect them from. That may not be the case but it WILL be used against us.

That guy needs to be kicked in the nuts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exceptionally so, yes. This type of response, along with people who fund their sworn enemies because it's not convenient to stop using their services, has shown me what direction things will go.

There should be curbside firearms.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#33]
What?  Good for him

OP, sorry about all your problems.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Who cares if they do or not, its about Perception. The reason we're seeing BATF going after P80 kits is the Perception that bangers/felons are buying them. This guy is selling shitty armor and making a killing, even if he claims otherwise. Its raising a flag to the MSM and "Normal People" that there could be a bunch of armored thugs out there that the cops can't protect them from. That may not be the case but it WILL be used against us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I hope my masters let me keep my stuff..."
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Extremely poor optics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extremely poor optics.

LOL

I see you haven't been to Arizona.  He's fine

I suspect if they were North Face Branded puff plate carriers he'd be fine in Colorado too
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LOL

i see you haven't been to Arizona.  He's fine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extremely poor optics.

LOL

i see you haven't been to Arizona.  He's fine

I'm FROM Arizona, born and raised, unlike most of the CA immigrants settling there. Those are the ones who are going to see curbside body armor, flip out and get their/your legislators masters to ban it outright in your state.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm advocating kicking that guy in the nuts for providing additional ammo to the libs to ban gear I might need one day (god, I hope I never need steel body armor, my L210's are sweet).

Normal People (Sheeple, whatever) look at people who buy body armor who aren't security or police as "Weird" and are quickly being trained by the MSM to see them as "Radical" now. This subsection of the internet of course is an echo chamber for basement trolls who have this idea that being able to roll up to a street vendor and buy fucking body armor is a great idea. MUH Freedoms.

Mark my words, shit like this is going to lead to severe restrictions on where and how you can buy body armor.
View Quote

So you are advocating committing assault because someone is legally selling something.

Pretty sure you’re just trolling or mentally challenged so I’ll stop replying now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm FROM Arizona, born and raised, unlike most of the CA immigrants settling there. Those are the ones who are going to see curbside body armor, flip out and get their/your legislators masters to ban it outright in your state.
View Quote

I find your screen name triggering

you should stop posting, for the optics

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Even without your "bad optics" they still want to ban things. Was it new york that recently drafted legislation on banning privately owned body armor? They didn't even have to have a guy out selling it on the curb to encourage that.

And every sale he makes is one more set out there, thereby making bans that much less enforceable and normalizing private ownership.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I've stopped caring what the left and uninformed think.  But, if anyone asks, ull say "body armor is a purely defensive material."
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t care what people sell where for the most part.

He should be selling full auto mac-10s too.

ETA - OP is bad optics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#42]
The authoritarian left is going to eventually ban all tools of individual autonomy and freedom anyway, and the puppet-Pravda media would invent a facsimile of this guy if he didn’t exist.

But OP’s point is why many gun shows don’t allow photography, news crews, or sales of WW2 memorabilia with obvious NSDAP markings.  No reason to pile on him now for stating the obvious.

Cheap armor is why practicing for headshots within reasonable ranges is a good idea. It’s also why certain high max-ordinate zeroing schemes favored for infantry squad fire and maneuver tactics may not be a good choice for the lone civilian rifleman.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#43]
... what street corners is he working?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#44]
OP prefers men, but in secret. Because optics
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck All That.gif

If/when they come for body armor it's not going to be because one particular dude started selling it out of the back of his SUV.  If they choose to attack armor, they'll set up a Las Vegas-style event where some agent provocateur shoots up some public venue and they just coincidentally have some armed security or cops tag the asshole canter mass, and those bullets will be conveniently stopped by the guy's AR500 armor, which will allow him go increase his body count until they get him with a head shot.  Or until he runs out of ammo and surrenders.   And the rallying cry of the week will be, "We have to ban that evil body armor!  It's for the children!  If it saves only one life!"  

In the meantime, the more plates in the hands of the law abiding public, the better.   I carry around two sets in my trunk -- have been since mid-summer.  No, I can't wear them both at the same time, but what if I'm out with my daughter and the shit hits the fan?  Or if I'm at work?  There will be SOMEONE who could use a basic set of Level IV plates in a cheap carrier.  I also keep my main rifle and a spare.  I also keep my CCW pistol, and a spare.  And spare magazines for all of the above.  At least until my car has a terrible boating accident.  

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  The American way of life is under attack.  The more Americans that are better prepared to defend her, the better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Extremely poor optics.
View Quote

Pssst. They already are trying to legislate our ability to acquire it period.

Also if you don't have any by now it just might be too late. What next OP? Are you going to rant about peoples ability to make home made ceramic plates from easily obtainable materials sold at most home stores?

OP, I have to know your stance. Very simple. Form 4473. For it or against it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know how I know you didn't read any leaked DNC emails from 2016? If you had you would know that the DNC gives the media their talking points. Our media in this country is the propaganda arm of the DNC. With that bias do you think the media will have anything favorable to say about our side?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought America was created so that we didn't have to worry about optics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I think we found another Romney voter.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top