Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/30/2021 7:42:35 AM EDT
I for one hope that Democrat shit hole never rises from the ashes.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/cuomo-begs-businesses-nyc-return-devastating-shutdown

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is calling for companies to end remote work and bring staff back to the office by Labor Day in order to support local businesses, or New York City will suffer.

In a virtual meeting with the Association for a Better New York, Cuomo said that while remote work, like remote schooling, was OK in the short term, people need to return to being in person.

"Remember, we have to get people back and we have to get people back in volume. If you were to see a 15% decline of people coming back to New York City, that would have a devastating impact on the commercial market," Cuomo said.

"We need people coming back," he reiterated later on. "Say to your workforce, ‘By Labor Day, everyone is back in the office.’"

"We need that volume to support the restaurants and the shops, the services," Cuomo continued. "It's not just about your business. It's about all the spinoff effect economic activity that your workers bring to the surrounding community."

This comes almost eight months after Cuomo faced criticism for shutting down indoor dining in New York City in December after they had previously reopened at limited capacity. The governor cited an increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, even though the state had released contract-tracing data that showed bars and restaurants accounted for just 1.43% of COVID-19 cases in the three months ending that November.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
"Please fix the problem I created"
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
As they are gearing up for a bigger shut down, fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
move back.

Regarding NC
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
With what capital? Many small businesses shut down because they ran out of money.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
They have tons if rooms open in nursing homes right now too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#9]
If you own a business, how comfortable do you feel that if you move everyone back into your crowded Manhattan office and some gets covid and dies that you won’t be sued into oblivion by NY prosecutors?

This man doesn’t understand.  Companies are managing risk…of him and other liberals eating them over covid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuomo seems to be dragging his feet at the suggestion of new mask mandates, for one thing
I think that he is in no rush to shut down NYS again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL!  They're getting ready to shut it down again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]
"Businesses, you have to step up and help clean up the mess I made with my shortsighted, stupid COVID policies."

Yeah, sure, go fuck yourself, Mr Governor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Many of here were calling this in April of last year and we were called "econ doomers" or some such shit.
It's not exactly like the outcome of massive government lock downs is hard to predict.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Did a search, lots of the restaurants in my old hood are already gone. His tax base must be making a sucking sound…
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#17]
What does he care? He's still doing victory laps for saving everyone's lives and protecting them from the "Rona.

Business are not going to return. But, If they do, they won't be the same ones.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#18]
And they want mandatory vaccination.  LOL no.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Dumbasses and their policies. Suck it commies.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They have tons if rooms open in nursing homes right now too.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
NYC can't even be bothered with mailing a business license a year after it's been paid for. Then they send out letters threatening to shut the licensed business down for not having paid for a license.

My business might have 32 days before it's shut down by NYC ??

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Cuomo = short sighted fool.
He killed NYC.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cuomo seems to be dragging his feet at the suggestion of new mask mandates, for one thing
I think that he is in no rush to shut down NYS again.
View Quote

yeah but he will suck at the teat of the teachers union and gladly shutdown the schools.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck that AssClown.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#26]
So have people work from home or pay a lease/taxes on an office in NYC.

Hmmmmm tough choice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol. Burn
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I, for one, am excited for the return of all the costumed atreet gangs. I hope my kids will be able get fake IDs in Times Square like I did three decades ago.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I, for one, am excited for the return of all the costumed atreet gangs. I hope my kids will be able get fake IDs in Times Square like I did three decades ago.
View Quote
Lol, you can get DMV employees to make you one right now if you know the right place to go.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Fuck his micromanaging ass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#32]
don't worry the FEDS will bail you out of whatever mess you've created.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I know native New Yorkers that are now afraid to go back on the subway and walk in the streets because of the crime
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I lived in Manhattan as a partner at a large law firm through all of this. Also got Covid from the World True Center train at critical level. We gave it a few months to find a place down here but couldn't leave that city fast enough.  Fuck that guy and that city for letting it happen
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me ...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
move back.

Regarding NC
View Quote

This.  Your vacation is over, time to go home.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#37]
A little over a year ago the entire US shutdown to save NYC so go screw yourself Andy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NYC can't even be bothered with mailing a business license a year after it's been paid for. Then they send out letters threatening to shut the licensed business down for not having paid for a license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oDjSoic9Zk
View Quote

I've seen that guys vids before.

What happens when Authoritarian Democrats go wild.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Pretty sure the whole country wants all the metros to move back where they belong.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Just so he can dopamine power flex on them again
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Spoken like someone who never had a real job before.

most white collar office work is done on computer and can be done remotely. there is no need to go in the office when you're just going to sit there 8 hours a day looking and typing on a computer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Unless there's some reason they can't leave I don't know why any business would base themselves out of NY/NYC.....It's not like it's going to get any better.

The only redeeming aspect I can think of is to keep the liberal scum-bags up there instead of infesting the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#43]
what an asshole.

Guess he may not be able to bully his way out of this one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I can shut them down again. Decisions have consequences.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes, I'm sure all the dudes that moved down to Miami who are watching chicks in thongs on the beach all day from their nicer and cheaper highrises and lower tax rates are going to get right on it...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Bring’em back to work in nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I for one hope that Democrat shit hole never rises from the ashes.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/cuomo-begs-businesses-nyc-return-devastating-shutdown

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is calling for companies to end remote work and bring staff back to the office by Labor Day in order to support local businesses, or New York City will suffer.

In a virtual meeting with the Association for a Better New York, Cuomo said that while remote work, like remote schooling, was OK in the short term, people need to return to being in person.

"Remember, we have to get people back and we have to get people back in volume. If you were to see a 15% decline of people coming back to New York City, that would have a devastating impact on the commercial market," Cuomo said.

"We need people coming back," he reiterated later on. "Say to your workforce, ‘By Labor Day, everyone is back in the office.’"

"We need that volume to support the restaurants and the shops, the services," Cuomo continued. "It's not just about your business. It's about all the spinoff effect economic activity that your workers bring to the surrounding community."

This comes almost eight months after Cuomo faced criticism for shutting down indoor dining in New York City in December after they had previously reopened at limited capacity. The governor cited an increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, even though the state had released contract-tracing data that showed bars and restaurants accounted for just 1.43% of COVID-19 cases in the three months ending that November.
View Quote

We were notified yesterday that our back to work date of Sept 15 was postponed indefinitely. We do have one small facility in upstate NY.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#49]
I m curious as to the occupancy of the commercial/office buildings and the impact of no renters.

I have not seen many reports or talks about this. I also know that Omnitracs (formerly Qualcomm) moved out of 6 floors in downtown Dallas.
That had to be a rather large chunk of income someone is now NOT getting.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I know native New Yorkers that are now afraid to go back on the subway and walk in the streets because of the crime
View Quote

LOL - rode the subways to work this week.  It all depends on the line and the time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top