Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2021 9:46:02 AM EDT
Right now all my crypto is with Coinbase Pro. Since most of my crypto buys are long holds I've thought about getting into staking which means i'd have to transfer off of coinbase pro.

I wasn't sure if I should just transfer from coinbase pro to coinbase and transfer or just rip off the bandaid and make a full switch to another site like binance.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you holding? That's really going to determine what your best choice is.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
How does crypto work if the power goes off?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote

I've been messing around with hydra on the Kucoin app.  this was sunday. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

This is today.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
OK so this is a fairly complex topic...

Are you wanting centralized or decentralized?  Do you care about frequency of payouts?  Do you want tax documentation prep services (I.E. 1099-MISC) or are you going to track this yourself?

Personally I have my coins staked with BlockFi.  That being said, their recent changes to the platform are quite frankly - SHIT.  They've lowered their interest rates and they've got the most limited number of coins.  I'm currently also using KuCoin and investigating Celsius.  Nexo is basically useless for US users as we can't take advantage of their "tiers".   You also have to pay attention to the fees for withdrawal/conversion/trading coins as well as the frequency of the interest payouts.  I've bene with BlockFi since Feb, and I've gotten 5 or 6 emails from them about "updates/changes" to their service.  It's gotten better in some regards (instant ACH is very nice), but the drop in interest rates really is a huge negative.

For me I 100% want tax prep documentation assistance.  I'm not playing fuck-fuck games with the IRS over this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
How does completely digital banking work if the power goes off?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm trying unsuccessfully to buy altcoins (first crypto purchase) on KuCoin via credit card unverified. I read all over the place you can do this but I can't solve the puzzle. Can somebody school me?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How does completely digital banking work if the power goes off?
View Quote

Banks close the doors and customers cannot access funds?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm trying unsuccessfully to buy altcoins (first crypto purchase) on KuCoin via credit card unverified. I read all over the place you can do this but I can't solve the puzzle. Can somebody school me?
View Quote
KuCoin is a shitshow IMHO.  Better to do a P2P purchase of stable coins with a bank transfer IMHO.  The CC may also charge you for "cash withdrawls" if you go the CC route.  Learned that lesson the hard way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OK so this is a fairly complex topic...

Are you wanting centralized or decentralized?  Do you care about frequency of payouts?  Do you want tax documentation prep services (I.E. 1099-MISC) or are you going to track this yourself?

Personally I have my coins staked with BlockFi.  That being said, their recent changes to the platform are quite frankly - SHIT.  They've lowered their interest rates and they've got the most limited number of coins.  I'm currently also using KuCoin and investigating Celsius.  Nexo is basically useless for US users as we can't take advantage of their "tiers".   You also have to pay attention to the fees for withdrawal/conversion/trading coins as well as the frequency of the interest payouts.  I've bene with BlockFi since Feb, and I've gotten 5 or 6 emails from them about "updates/changes" to their service.  It's gotten better in some regards (instant ACH is very nice), but the drop in interest rates really is a huge negative.

For me I 100% want tax prep documentation assistance.  I'm not playing fuck-fuck games with the IRS over this.
View Quote
FOLLOWUP

Well I finally got a straight answer from Celsius.  Their advertised "earn" rates are at their highest tier level. So you have to have > 25% of your account balance in CEL tokens IOT get that rate.  So it's a "pay to play" sort of deal.  Keep that in mind if you're going to go with them.  Frankly the customer service still leaves a lot to be desired.  I had to pull answers out of them.  They do have a desktop/web app/UI now so there's that.  I really hate mobile only exchanges/wallets.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
KuCoin is a shitshow IMHO.  Better to do a P2P purchase of stable coins with a bank transfer IMHO.  The CC may also charge you for "cash withdrawls" if you go the CC route.  Learned that lesson the hard way.
View Quote

Thanks for the opine K1.

Does anybody know how to buy crypto unverified with a credit card, either on KuCoin or anywhere else?

eta: sorry for the hijack o/p
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Go get a nano ledger x.

Go to app.aave.com

Connect wallet.

Deposit whatever coin and interest rate strikes your fancy.

Interest rate on Eth 3.9 percent (variable AMM market).

Now you have ability to withdraw dai with your eth as collateral. Need money for a new rifle? Withdraw dai.

This is a form of staking I can say is very nice in that the rates are high relative to other platforms, the platform is decentralized,  and its real world usable and can put real money in your hands.

There is also liqudity pools but that isn't at attractive IMHO. More variables more fees to set up by needing two tokens...

Aave hits the sweet spot between usability and real world utility.

I am also involved in incentiveised staking and currently generate 340 APR with one coin combo but the alt slaughter greatly reduced the capacity of that one to give great returns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Go get a nano ledger x.

Go to app.aave.com

Connect wallet.

Now you have ability to withdraw dai with your eth as collateral. Need money for a new rifle? Withdraw dai.

This is a form of staking I can say is very nice in that the rates are high relative to other platforms, the platform is decentralized,  and its real world usable and can put real money in your hands.

There is also liqudity pools but that isn't at attractive IMHO. More variables more fees to set up by needing two tokens...

I am also involved in incentiveised staking and currently generate 340 APR with one coin combo but the alt slaughter greatly reduced the capacity of that one to give great returns.
View Quote

n/m
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Go get a nano ledger x.

Go to app.aave.com

Connect wallet.

View Quote

I’m also new to crypto. Have a little less than 5000 invested. Is there an advantage of using a the ledger over Binance.? I’m only interested in investing it it. Not sure how to use it day to day.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the power goes off for the entire world, there's alot bigger fuckin problems than how you're storing your wealth.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm also new to crypto. Have a little less than 5000 invested. Is there an advantage of using a the ledger over Binance.? I'm only interested in investing it it. Not sure how to use it day to day.
View Quote
Ledger is a cold wallet that you retain physical custody of. Remember your seed phrase and you're g2g and don't have to worry about being locked out.

Binance is a centralized exchange and you're beholden to them, their terms, and their whims. You still "own" your coins but they're holding custody of them till you send them to another wallet or centralized exchange.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same way your bank account with a debit card works.

It doesn't.....
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

1200+ posts in 6 months is a lot of shit posting.  Nice work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top