Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2018 9:32:14 AM EDT
My parents were on a Royal Caribbean cruise last week and found me some sweet nectar! Buffalo Trace was $30/L, the Blanton's was $54 each.

Just a heads up to anyone going cruising, they had a healthy supply.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see any one liter bottle of Buffalo Trace listed, but 0.75 is $24.99 and 1.75 is $49.99 locally.

ETA: From my local Total Wine.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see any one liter bottle of Buffalo Trace listed, but 0.75 is $24.99 and 1.75 is $49.99 locally.
View Quote

Total Wine!    Blantons $54.99  Maybe the 1L is export only, a decent deal, but likely a 750.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Total Wine!    Blantons $54.99  Maybe the 1L is export only, a decent deal, but likely a 750.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Total Wine!    Blantons $54.99  Maybe the 1L is export only, a decent deal, but likely a 750.
Have you actually found Blanton's lately at a Total Wine? They laughed at me when I asked, they don't even make it out to the shelves. It took me 4 weeks of regularly checking 10 liquor stores before I got my hands on a bottle. I ended up paying $65 at a mom and pop liquor store, who had the bottle hidden behind the counter until I asked specifically if they had any Blanton's. Same thing with Buffalo Trace.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My parents were on a Royal Caribbean cruise last week and found me some sweet nectar! Buffalo Trace was $30/L, the Blanton's was $54 each.

Just a heads up to anyone going cruising, they had a healthy supply.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299060/bourbon-609414.JPG
View Quote

We have 1L in OK from $30 to $50 depending on the retailer. Blantons is all but unobtainium. It's allocated, but the store employees suck it up for the secondary market and it never hits the shelves. If you do find it at retail it's about $60. I'm surprised that the domestic single barrel was in the duty free. That's only 1/4 of the brands. The other three are international markets only. Those would be the ones I'd be looking for, especially the Straight from the Barrel.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting. Blantons is on every shelf here. Wonder why it’s so rare back east...
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting. Blantons is on every shelf here. Wonder why it's so rare back east...
View Quote
Maybe people haven't discovered it in the PNW yet? I was so desperate I paid $90 for a bottle a couple of weeks ago
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I noted a few harder to get picks on the RC Oasis Ship shop about a month ago.
They were taking handwritten orders before we left port, and I asked for a look at the price list.

They had 4 bottles of EH Taylor Small Batch BIB, I ordered 2, along with 2 Blantons.

They still had a bunch of Weller SR at the end so I picked up a bottle.

I can confirm they has 1.0 L Buffallo Trace, around $28.

How they can have cases of Blantons when I can't find any on land is a mystery.
Saw a straight from the barrel Blantons in one of the ports but passed as it was $80, and I had a full haul by then.

ETA: They also had Eagle Rare, in smaller quantities than the Blantons, which seemed to go quicker than the Weller, strangely.
Also had the BT Bourbon Creme.
View Quote
The Eagle Rare is a 10 year and well worth a pour. If you find a store select single barrel I'd stack it up against Blantons any day. Three of the four varieties of Blantons are only available in Duty Free/International markets. The SFTB was a bargain at $80. I'm pretty much a fanboi of anything BT so I use my free time to pick store shelves. These are a few of my recent finds.

And for my "Cute and Small" shelf are I located a 375 White Dog, a 375 and 200 Weller SR and an Eagle Rare 375. They're on the top shelf below.

Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
when i was walking through miami international, they had Blanton's 2 for $99
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
when i was walking through miami international, they had Blanton's 2 for $99
View Quote
Two for $99 is a good deal!
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

who had the bottle hidden behind the counter until I asked specifically
View Quote
That’s a great tip for any hard to find bourbon these days.
ALWAYS ask as many places are starting to keep highly sought bottles hidden behind the counter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top