Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2022 6:26:53 PM EDT
Asking here because my tax lady is on vacation. I have a LLC that I am the sole proprietor. I have a tax ID # for my LLC. When applying for a credit card, can I use my SSN instead of my tax id# number since my business does not have any credit history?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't that defeating the purpose of the llc?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
A business credit card will be under your SSN not your LLC's EIN because Visa/MC/AmEx/etc. are going after you, not your LLC, should you default because they want your personal guarantee that you will pay the debt.  They're not going to issue a credit card to a new single-member LLC.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a business checking account and start paying bills from that account.  If your LLC balance sheet can show profit to at least cash flow that would help.  Using your SSN is just like loaning you business money.

If you bank with a local bank or credit union ask them for advice or help.  Especially if you have purchase orders or expenses.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a business credit card through my LLC.  But I had to be a personal guarantor on it. I suspect you will as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a business credit card through my LLC.  But I had to be a personal guarantor on it. I suspect you will as well.
View Quote

That's how mine worked as well, but as a S-corp. I don't think the CC companies care about the organization
at all as long as they can get their pound of flesh.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here on my sole prop.  llc with Amex.

My bank (regions) won’t give a credit card to a business for atleast two years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top