Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2021 11:58:19 PM EDT
I did everything. Control the weights on the way down, bought bumpers, built a platform, but no use.

I still inevitably wake up the woman or kid when I deadlift. My schedule forces early morning workouts on weekdays.

Never used or known anyone who has used crash pads. Anyone with experience?

Do they really make a difference? Does the added height fuck up your lifts?

I don’t want to save heavy deadlifts, jerks and snatches for weekends only.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thrall did a video about them I think.

Consensus was probably not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't lift off the pads, lift behind them, then drop on them.  Not so useful for deadlifts (you could deadlift off them, it's just not stable like off the ground and would be higher starting point), more so dropping overhead.  

Rogue has these for $250.

https://www.roguefitness.com/crash-cushion-pair?gclid=Cj0KCQjwo-aCBhC-ARIsAAkNQium-1wL7CXl7qvfX48hUJCJD8atW7F5dlmiTVsTdMfi4853hj_N2iQaAnhtEALw_wcB

Being Rogue, they're probably worth it, or......

I bought a 4"x72" foam pad off amazon, cut into quarters and glued them together for two 8"x18" pads, for like, $30 bucks.  With bumpers, it will eliminate vibration and noise, but be careful of bad or odd bounces the bar can take.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thrall did a video about them I think.

Consensus was probably not worth it.
View Quote

That’s what I figured.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember seeing some home built ones somewhere online, can’t remember where now though. They looked like the guy had sandwiched thick foam between heavy sheets of plywood. I’m sure there was more to it than that but he built them so he could deadlift in an apt bldg without making noise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top