Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2020 8:51:53 PM EDT
I started a Russian Imperial Stout OG 1.087 and I thought I had the blowoff tube on long enough - guess I was wrong...

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Woke up to sort of a mess this morning.
But the krausen has dropped so I cleaned up the mess and stuck in a new sanitized air lock and now it's bubbling away nicely now...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That's gonna be a good beer!  I love a vigorous fermentation.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Once I made a Belgian tripel and had a blowoff hose. It clogged and I woke up to the lid on the opposite side of the room, a volcano of foam, and spray all over the walls and ceiling
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Did this with a blueberry IPA, one blueberry loose and boom, goodbye airlock
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It's been about two weeks.
I siphoned it off of primary and it's in secondary now for the next (long) three months...
This stuff is a black black black stout!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great! Are you going to add oak?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great! Are you going to add oak?
View Quote

Yep.
I took one of my wine making dark roast oak spirals and soaked it in bourbon for two weeks and it is now in the carboy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep.
I took one of my wine making dark roast oak spirals and soaked it in bourbon for two weeks and it is now in the carboy.
View Quote

That is going to be excellent!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top